Interesting Quotes

“Clinton or Trump?”

Since: Jun 08

...i hope they both lose....

#10688 Sep 22, 2013
"I am mortified to be told that, in the United States of America, the sale of a book can become a subject of inquiry, and of criminal inquiry too."

Thomas Jefferson

“Colleges Search Engine ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

www.schoolanduniversity.com

#10689 Sep 23, 2013
If you love someone you wouldn't force them to be someone there not. Because you love them even though you know they aren't perfect.

Level 8

#10690 Sep 23, 2013
Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence.

Level 8

#10691 Sep 23, 2013
In life, there is always someone out there, who won't like you, for whatever reason, don't let the insecurities in their lives affect yours.

Level 8

#10692 Sep 23, 2013
Not all relationships are meant to last forever. Some people come into our lives to teach us an important and sometimes painful life lessons and then they leave. It's up to us how we use this experience and what we gain from it.

Level 8

#10693 Sep 23, 2013
Don't hold on to anger and resentment it will build up inside of you and fester like a sore, to forgive is to move on and to heal you have to let go.

“Wits...”

Level 9

Since: Apr 10

...Don't fail me now.

#10694 Sep 23, 2013
A single conversation across the table with a wise man is better than ten years mere study of books.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#10695 Sep 23, 2013
Nobody else knows your reason for being. You do. Your bliss guides you to it. When you follow your bliss, when you follow your path to joy, your conversation is of joy, your feelings are of joy -- you're right on the path of that which you intended when you came forth into this physical body.~ Abraham Hicks

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#10696 Sep 23, 2013
"A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right."

Thomas Paine

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#10697 Sep 23, 2013
The fact that political ideologies are tangible realities is not a proof of their vitally necessary character. The bubonic plague was an extraordinarily powerful social reality, but no one would have regarded it as vitally necessary.
Wilhelm Reich
Kelly Joanne Cannon

Norfolk, VA

#10698 Sep 23, 2013
"Everything's not what seemed."-----For example, if someone were to ever directly question whether or not I'm dishonest, I'd just tell them the god's and jesus's honest truth about me: "That I'm truly not dishonest at all, nor ever have been."-----Hey, just telling the real truth about that is all. That's just it.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Hotel California

#10699 Sep 23, 2013
The philosophy of the school room in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next.
Abraham Lincoln

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Hotel California

#10700 Sep 23, 2013
Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

#10701 Sep 23, 2013
The object of war is not to die for your country but to get the other B*$tard to die for his.

~ General George Patton

“Clinton or Trump?”

#10702 Sep 23, 2013
"It is neither wealth nor splendor; but tranquility and occupation which give you happiness."

Thomas Jefferson

(remember.....he was a rich guy, so he could afford to say this)

...I am finally to the stage of life where i can agree....

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#10703 Sep 23, 2013
ElephantFly wrote:
"I have always said that if Great Britain were defeated in war I hoped we should find a Hitler to lead us back to our rightful position among the nations." ....Winston Churchill (from a speech, Nov 11, 1938)
Indeed an interesting quote so much I looked into it.

"I have always said that if Great Britain were defeated in war I hoped we should find a Hitler to lead us back to our rightful position among the nations. I am sorry, however, that he has not been mellowed by the great success that has attended him. The whole world would rejoice to see the Hitler of peace and tolerance, and nothing would adorn his name in world history so much as acts of magnanimity and of mercy and of pity to the forlorn and friendless, to the weak and poor.... Let this great man search his own heart and conscience before he accuses anyone of being a warmonger."

Winston Churchill
7 November 1938

Keep in mind this was about 11 months before the Blitzkrieg of Poland.

What's striking is the flowery appeals to Hitler's ego to change his course.

That quote would be relentlessly torn apart in today's media.
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#10704 Sep 23, 2013
Old Sam wrote:
"I am mortified to be told that, in the United States of America, the sale of a book can become a subject of inquiry, and of criminal inquiry too."
Thomas Jefferson
what would he say today

lets look-n-see

https://www.google.com/#q=what+would+thomas+j...

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#10705 Sep 23, 2013
Old Sam wrote:
"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."
Thomas Jefferson
You do realize that (mis)quote by Jefferson is referring to "The Virginia Act for Establishing Religious Freedom" and that no one should have to involuntarily give to a state church, right?

“Clinton or Trump?”

#10706 Sep 23, 2013
"Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor."

Thomas Jefferson

....he would'a like crystals hot sawse, too...i betcha....he grew all kinda hot peppers......

“Clinton or Trump?”

#10707 Sep 23, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that (mis)quote by Jefferson is referring to "The Virginia Act for Establishing Religious Freedom" and that no one should have to involuntarily give to a state church, right?
...no.....but i like the way it sounds, anyway......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min One way or another 201,032
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 48 min Princess Hey 3,450
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 49 min Princess Hey 13,755
2words into 2new words (May '12) 52 min Princess Hey 2,813
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 59 min Princess Hey 11,709
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 59 min Princess Hey 82,316
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 1 hr Princess Hey 3,647
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Sparky 194,151
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 4 hr Revised 8,455
TRUMP, Donald (Jun '15) 6 hr Family man 145