“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#10267 Aug 23, 2013
"The way I understand it, the Russians are sort of a combination of evil and incompetence... sort of like the Post Office with tanks."

Emo Philips

“The Topix Legend of GS!”

Since: Sep 10

Yunited States, North America

#10268 Aug 23, 2013

“After all, Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels.”

Ann Richards

#10269 Aug 23, 2013
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”

Groucho Marx

#10270 Aug 23, 2013
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”

Thomas Jefferson

#10271 Aug 23, 2013
“I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale.”

Thomas Jefferson

#10272 Aug 23, 2013
“The heaviest penalty for declining to rule is to be ruled by someone inferior to yourself.”

Plato

Plato

#10273 Aug 23, 2013
“We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.”

Thomas Jefferson

#10274 Aug 23, 2013
“Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.”

Pericles

#10275 Aug 23, 2013

“The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”

Thomas Jefferson

#10276 Aug 23, 2013
“Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear."

Harry S. Truman

#10277 Aug 23, 2013
“To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?”

Marcus Tullius Cicero

#10278 Aug 23, 2013
“I know no safe depository of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them but to inform their discretion by education. This is the true corrective of abuses of Constitutional power.”

Thomas Jefferson

#10279 Aug 23, 2013
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”

Patrick Henry

#10280 Aug 23, 2013
“Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with his wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice can not sleep forever: that considering numbers, nature and natural means only, a revolution of the wheel of fortune, an exchange of situation is among possible events: that it may become probable by supernatural interference!”

Thomas Jefferson

#10281 Aug 23, 2013
“I agree to this Constitution with all its faults, if they are such: because I think a General Government necessary for us, and there is no Form of Government but what may be a Blessing to the People if well-administred; and I believe farther that this is likely to be well administred for a Course of Years and can only end in Despotism as other Forms have done before it, when the People shall become so corrupted as to need Despotic Government, being incapable of any other.”

Benjamin Franklin
Academy

United States

#10282 Aug 23, 2013
A friend loves at all times. Proverbs 17:17

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#10283 Aug 23, 2013
"Above all things I hope the education of the common people will be attended to; convinced that on their good sense we may rely with the most security for the preservation of a due degree of liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
1787 Dec 20 to James Madison

How odd.

I see a lot of political grandstanding that run completely counter to that idea now.

Bad teachers, unions, funding (dependent on local property taxes), garbage tests to get funding and so forth.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#10284 Aug 23, 2013
Academy wrote:
A friend loves at all times. Proverbs 17:17
Cherry picking the Bible?
Let's see what's before and after to get some context:

15 Acquitting the guilty and condemning the innocent—
the Lord detests them both.

16 Why should fools have money in hand to buy wisdom,
when they are not able to understand it?

17 A friend loves at all times,
and a brother is born for a time of adversity.

18 One who has no sense shakes hands in pledge
and puts up security for a neighbor.

19 Whoever loves a quarrel loves sin;
whoever builds a high gate invites destruction.

“Colleges Search Engine ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

www.schoolanduniversity.com

#10285 Aug 24, 2013
You never know whats around the corner, but it never stops you from wanting to see it. So why don't you explore the world full of possibilities.

“Colleges Search Engine ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

www.schoolanduniversity.com

#10286 Aug 24, 2013
Your past is done, so forget it. Your future is yet to come, so dream it. But your present is now, so live it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you trust on offbeat ? (Sep '12) 3 min Kathlene 215
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 min -Lea- 21,358
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min anonymous 117,374
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 10 min Denny CranesPlace 46,002
What Kind Or Type Of Poster Are You? 13 min liam cul8r 23
Ebola in America 16 min Denny CranesPlace 3
3 "NEW" words from last 3 letters without using... (Sep '12) 17 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,436
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 1 hr Mister_ E 6,371
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Mister_ E 147,643
I Like..... (Mar '14) 6 hr SLY WEST 376
Woman Held in Jail for Weeks Over SpaghettiOs 9 hr NOM s Waffle House 9

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE