“The Topix Legend of GS!”

Since: Sep 10

Yunited States, North America

#10274 Aug 23, 2013
“Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.”

Pericles

#10275 Aug 23, 2013

“The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”

Thomas Jefferson

#10276 Aug 23, 2013
“Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear."

Harry S. Truman

#10277 Aug 23, 2013
“To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?”

Marcus Tullius Cicero

#10278 Aug 23, 2013
“I know no safe depository of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them but to inform their discretion by education. This is the true corrective of abuses of Constitutional power.”

Thomas Jefferson

#10279 Aug 23, 2013
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”

Patrick Henry

#10280 Aug 23, 2013
“Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with his wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice can not sleep forever: that considering numbers, nature and natural means only, a revolution of the wheel of fortune, an exchange of situation is among possible events: that it may become probable by supernatural interference!”

Thomas Jefferson

#10281 Aug 23, 2013
“I agree to this Constitution with all its faults, if they are such: because I think a General Government necessary for us, and there is no Form of Government but what may be a Blessing to the People if well-administred; and I believe farther that this is likely to be well administred for a Course of Years and can only end in Despotism as other Forms have done before it, when the People shall become so corrupted as to need Despotic Government, being incapable of any other.”

Benjamin Franklin
Academy

United States

#10282 Aug 23, 2013
A friend loves at all times. Proverbs 17:17

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#10283 Aug 23, 2013
"Above all things I hope the education of the common people will be attended to; convinced that on their good sense we may rely with the most security for the preservation of a due degree of liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
1787 Dec 20 to James Madison

How odd.

I see a lot of political grandstanding that run completely counter to that idea now.

Bad teachers, unions, funding (dependent on local property taxes), garbage tests to get funding and so forth.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#10284 Aug 23, 2013
Academy wrote:
A friend loves at all times. Proverbs 17:17
Cherry picking the Bible?
Let's see what's before and after to get some context:

15 Acquitting the guilty and condemning the innocent—
the Lord detests them both.

16 Why should fools have money in hand to buy wisdom,
when they are not able to understand it?

17 A friend loves at all times,
and a brother is born for a time of adversity.

18 One who has no sense shakes hands in pledge
and puts up security for a neighbor.

19 Whoever loves a quarrel loves sin;
whoever builds a high gate invites destruction.

“Colleges Search Engine ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

www.schoolanduniversity.com

#10285 Aug 24, 2013
You never know whats around the corner, but it never stops you from wanting to see it. So why don't you explore the world full of possibilities.

Level 8

#10286 Aug 24, 2013
Your past is done, so forget it. Your future is yet to come, so dream it. But your present is now, so live it.

Level 8

#10287 Aug 24, 2013
A gun can kill,fire can burn, wind can chill and the mind can learn.Anger can rage till it tears you apart, but the power of your smile can melt a frozen heart.

Level 8

#10288 Aug 24, 2013
Sweet words are not always true. True words are not always sweet. But no matter what words can say. Actions will always tell the truth.

Level 8

#10289 Aug 24, 2013
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#10290 Aug 24, 2013
"Youth is a blunder; Manhood a struggle, Old Age a regret."

"There is no act of treachery or meanness of which a political party is not capable; for in politics there is no honour."

Benjamin Disraeli

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#10291 Aug 24, 2013
"It has always seemed strange to me... the things we admire in men, kindness and generosity, openness, honesty, understanding and feeling, are the concomitants of failure in our system. And those traits we detest, sharpness, greed, acquisitiveness, meanness, egotism and self-interest, are the traits of success. And while men admire the quality of the first they love the produce of the second."

John Steinbeck

“Necks victim”

Level 8

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#10292 Aug 24, 2013
“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”

-Groucho Marx

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#10293 Aug 24, 2013
"Better an ugly face than an ugly mind."

James Ellis

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min wichita-rick 148,887
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min Agents of Corruption 120,448
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 45 min Chilli J 2,189
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 50 min Cyan in CA 54,815
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 51 min CJ Rocker 3,880
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 59 min Cyan in CA 24,547
Ten Worst Things You Can Say: During Sex. (Aug '08) 1 hr Chilli J 3,340
True or False Game 1 hr CougarCiao 301
Ebola in America 1 hr the nightmare is ... 476
Puppy-sized spider spotted in South America 3 hr Parden Pard 17