Interesting Quotes

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#10198 Aug 19, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
"I think people should be allowed to do anything they want. We haven't tried that for a while. Maybe this time it'll work."
George Carlin
Lawless chaos, anyone? That George!
I often thought he had an interesting viewpoint and I agreed with most of it but not that quote.

The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws.
Tacitus

This quote ^^^ is how I see it. I agree we need some (emphasis on some, not many) laws but they should be streamlined with no exceptions. The exceptions are the corruption.

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#10199 Aug 19, 2013
“What we see depends mainly on what we look for.”

~ John Lubbock

“Colleges Search Engine ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

www.schoolanduniversity.com

#10200 Aug 20, 2013
Forget everything about your past, start a fresh life and allow the lessons learnt to guide your present which you have total control over whatever you intend to do right now.

Level 8

#10201 Aug 20, 2013
Real friends root for you, support you and help you discover your inner talents and strengths.

Level 8

#10202 Aug 20, 2013
Confidence comes naturally with success but, success comes only to those, who are confident so, begin your day with great confidence.

Level 8

#10203 Aug 20, 2013
Winners, champions and the successful, never give in, give up or quit, they stick at it!

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#10204 Aug 20, 2013
"Letting go doesn't mean that you don't care about someone anymore. It's just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself."

Deborah Reber, Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#10205 Aug 20, 2013
"Letting go helps us to to live in a more peaceful state of mind and helps restore our balance. It allows others to be responsible for themselves and for us to take our hands off situations that do not belong to us. This frees us from unnecessary stress."

Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#10206 Aug 20, 2013
We do not choose to be born. We do not choose our parents. We do not choose our historical epoch, or the country of our birth, or the immediate circumstances of our upbringing. We do not, most of us, choose to die; nor do we choose the time or conditions of our death. But within all this realm of choicelessness, we do choose how we shall live: courageously or in cowardice, honorably or dishonorably, with purpose or adrift. We decide what is important and what is trivial in life. We decide that what makes us significant is either what we do or what we refuse to do. But no matter how indifferent the universe may be to our choices and decisions, these choices and decisions are ours to make. We decide. We choose. And as we decide and choose, so are our lives formed. In the end, forming our own destiny is what ambition is about. ~ Joseph Epstein
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#10207 Aug 20, 2013
<in a thick Dutch accent>
"You won't know much about trout until you have killed a couple of million"
Harry Westers

“Towards Christmas.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

‘

#10208 Aug 20, 2013
I liked this quote I heard recently,
in conversation where someone said,

'when in trouble,
best do it yourself, as,
you don't know who you can really rely on..

So>

" When you need a helping hand-
Look towards the one at the end of your wrist"

Level 8

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#10210 Aug 20, 2013
I have no special talent; I am passionately curious.

-Albert Einstein

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#10211 Aug 20, 2013
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo da Vinci

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#10212 Aug 20, 2013
I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.
H. P. Lovecraft

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

USA

#10213 Aug 20, 2013
It takes a long time to grow an old friend..

~John Leonard~

Level 8

#10214 Aug 21, 2013
Wake up each day with a positive mind being more thankful with every blessed moment of your life, there are no limits or barriers to being strong; just live like every beautiful glow of light that shines with the moonlight.

Level 8

#10215 Aug 21, 2013
Sometimes we have to let go of the life we have planned, to have the life that is waiting for us.

Level 8

#10216 Aug 21, 2013
When you find that one part of yourself that wants freedom from fear more than it wants the freedom fear promises, youve found the real beginning of the end of fear.

Level 8

#10217 Aug 21, 2013
Dream what you want to dream, go where you want to go, be what you want to be. Because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#10218 Aug 21, 2013
Take life too seriously, and what is it worth? If the morning wake us to no new joys, if the evening bring us not the hopes of new pleasures, is it worthwhile to dress and undress? Does the sun shine on me today that I may reflect on yesterday? That I may endeavor to foresee and control what can neither be foreseen nor controlled - the destiny of tomorrow?~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min Heather 207,231
2words into 2new words (May '12) 6 min loveless 2 6,870
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 23 min zebra 216,931
What is your weakness? (Jan '14) 24 min Brandiiiiiiii 355
**3 Syllable Word Game - A-Z** (Jun '12) 25 min Brandiiiiiiii 867
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 25 min Brandiiiiiiii 5,517
Lets ask Gloop! (Jul '12) 28 min Brandiiiiiiii 1,026
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 39 min Brandiiiiiiii 1,526
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr Post Count Dracula 2,482
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 2 hr grace---f a l l e n 10,654