Interesting Quotes

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#10012 Aug 7, 2013
I will greet this day with love in my heart. For this is the greatest secret of success in all ventures. Muscles can split a shield and even destroy life itself but only the unseen power of love can open the hearts of man. And until I master this act I will remain no more than a peddler in the marketplace. I will make love my greatest weapon and none on who I call can defend upon its force...my love will melt all hearts liken to the sun whose rays soften the coldest day. ~ Og Mandino

“I'll think about it.”

Level 4

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#10013 Aug 7, 2013
Regarding "truth" ....

"If it can be destroyed by the truth, then it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.--Carl Sagan

"If you want to assert a truth, first make sure it's not just an opinion that you desperately want to be true."
--Neil deGrasse Tyson

“I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong."
--Richard Feynman

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#10014 Aug 7, 2013
“I don’t regret the things I’ve done, I regret the things I didn’t do when I had the chance.”

– Unknown

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#10015 Aug 7, 2013
“Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, or worn. It is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace & gratitude.”

Denis Waitley

“Wits...”

Level 9

Since: Apr 10

...Don't fail me now.

#10016 Aug 7, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Dammit. Now you are making me do math to calculate what I should charge...
Let's see... 3000 (dollars) divided by 88 (inches) multiply by length (inches) and girth (inches)... hrmm. what an odd coincidence. It comes out to almost 3070 (dollars)(inches)...
But with the calculation there, I end up with some extra inches on top. I guess the final result also includes the tip.
Lol that isn't how Deuce Bigalow calculated it! You are going to include men too aren't ya? You would be leaving out an entire sample group and then it wouldn't be accurate. ;)

Be able to recognize when you're reading or hearing material biased to your own side.

Marilyn vos Savant

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#10017 Aug 7, 2013
I am a woman who enjoys herself very much; sometimes I lose, sometimes I win.
Mata Hari

I think she would have been an interesting person to talk to.

“Hello everyone!”

Level 9

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#10018 Aug 7, 2013
Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies. F.W. Nietzsche

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#10019 Aug 7, 2013
"When written in Chinese, the word 'crisis' is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity."

John F. Kennedy

“Colleges Search Engine ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

www.schoolanduniversity.com

#10020 Aug 8, 2013
Hope is not a dream, it's just a way to make dreams become true.

Level 8

#10021 Aug 8, 2013
Just because something good ended doesn't mean something better won't begin.

Level 8

#10022 Aug 8, 2013
Life is combination of adjustments & compromises..You adjust when someone wants to be with you and compromise when you want to be with someone!

Level 8

#10023 Aug 8, 2013
If you can forgive yourself as well as others and learn from your mistakes, problems and heartaches will be stepping stones on your path to grow wiser and stronger.

Level 8

#10024 Aug 8, 2013
You have control over your life. Don't blame others. You have the power to change your life at any time and turn your worries into wisdom.

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#10025 Aug 8, 2013
The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.~ Charles. R. Swindoll

“Wits...”

Level 9

Since: Apr 10

...Don't fail me now.

#10026 Aug 8, 2013
The issue of the Betrayal was so central to that, I felt the need to comment upon it. My choices were to ignore the games and put them 'outside' of continuity or to integrate them. I chose the latter.

Raymond E. Feist

People say I make strange choices, but they're not strange for me. My sickness is that I'm fascinated by human behavior, by what's underneath the surface, by the worlds inside people.

Johnny Depp

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#10027 Aug 8, 2013
It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Emiliano Zapata

I did not realize he is the one that said this.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#10028 Aug 8, 2013
"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking...is freedom."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

_Olive_

“unstoppable”

Since: Jul 11

Hell

#10029 Aug 8, 2013
The strongest oak of the forest is not the one that is protected from the storm and hidden from the sun. It’s the one that stands in the open where it is compelled to struggle for its existence against the winds and rains and the scorching sun.

- Napoleon Hill

“To love and be loved”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

right here, right now...

#10030 Aug 8, 2013
"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy." - Thich Nhat Hahn

“Still Waters Run Deep”

Level 6

Since: Sep 11

Waters Edge

#10031 Aug 8, 2013
"Trees go wandering forth in all directions with every wind, going and coming like ourselves, traveling with us around the sun two million miles a day, and through space heaven knows how fast and far!"

John Muir

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 min Geno 34,483
Words "with more than one meaning" (Sep '12) 3 min Mechanic 1,424
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 13 min Alain Vain 6,023
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 19 min Sublime1 227,106
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 49 min Joi C 4,323
Word association (Jun '07) 51 min Joi C 7,282
Name something that gets past around (Feb '14) 1 hr Princess Hey 1,151
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Sublime1 34,672
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr Notsostupid 6,931
More from around the web