“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#9877 Jul 29, 2013
Always Wary wrote:
It is pretty obvious that the debasement of the human mind caused by a constant flow of fraudulent advertising is no trivial thing. There is more than one way to conquer a country.
Raymond Chandler
I am a fan of Mad Men It has made me see how advertising has played a huge part in our need to buy things.
"Diamonds are forever"

Just like your love and marriage will be...

Strange they don't tell you how a diamond can be spoiled with one small, errant strike...

Perhaps there's an analogy in there after all.

“Colleges Search Engine ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

www.schoolanduniversity.com

#9878 Jul 30, 2013
There is not a single day when I haven't thought about You. There is not a single night when I haven't dreamt about you, and There is not a single moment ever gonna come in my life when I stop Loving You...

Level 8

#9879 Jul 30, 2013
Always ask God to give what you deserve, not what you desire. It's because your DESIRES may be FEW, but you DESERVE a LOT.

Level 8

#9880 Jul 30, 2013
Someone asked me how long I planned on keeping you in my life...I smiled and said: How do I choose between Forever and Always?

Level 8

#9881 Jul 30, 2013
If you ever ask me how many times you've crossed my mind, I would say once. Because you came, and never left.

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#9883 Jul 30, 2013
We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path.~ Paulo Coelho

Level 8

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#9884 Jul 30, 2013
“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”

― Dr. Seuss

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#9885 Jul 30, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
"Diamonds are forever"
Just like your love and marriage will be...
Strange they don't tell you how a diamond can be spoiled with one small, errant strike...
Perhaps there's an analogy in there after all.
The author of the advertising slogan "every kiss begins with K" deserves a punch in the nose, if I never heard it again it would be too soon. Clearly I would not appreciate a diamond from Kay but I would be okay with one from De Beers :)

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Hotel California

#9886 Jul 30, 2013
A good heart will help you to a bonny face, my lad and a bad one will turn the bonniest into something worse than ugly.
Emily Bronte

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#9887 Jul 30, 2013
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable."

"It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Hunter S. Thompson

“Uh-Oh!”

Since: Jul 13

Justa Blast from Your Past

#9888 Jul 30, 2013
If I want to knock a story off the front page, I just change my hairstyle.

~Hillary Clinton

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“...rain's better'n snow....”

Since: Jun 08

so long as it don't 'stack' up

#9889 Jul 30, 2013
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright."

Maria Ouspenskaya

“ Woodstock Anyone?”

Level 4

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#9890 Jul 30, 2013
Tammi Jubilee wrote:
If I want to knock a story off the front page, I just change my hairstyle.
~Hillary Clinton
I'm wondering Tammi, if you received so many negative icons because some didn't understand that this quote is a commentary on how superficial the realm of politics and news reporting can be. Speaking for myself, it makes sense to me.

"...it must be hard to be a beautiful woman and no one will look at your soul..."

- John Geddes, A Familiar Rain -

Level 8

#9891 Jul 31, 2013
Age does not make you MATURE. It is the actions and behaviors that you display during adverse situations that do.

Level 8

#9892 Jul 31, 2013
You cannot love without accepting that there is always a chance of loss or hurt. This is exactly what makes love so powerful, its like playing poker, the stakes are high, and so the reward is higher.

Level 8

#9893 Jul 31, 2013
Love those who don't love you. When hate is directed toward you, repel it with love and use their hatred as motivation to show that tolerance, kindness, and acceptance are better ways to get ahead in this world.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Hotel California

#9894 Jul 31, 2013
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand.
Milton Friedman

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#9895 Jul 31, 2013
"People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents."

"You cannot push anyone up the ladder unless he is willing to climb."

Andrew Carnegie

“If you're happy & you know it”

Level 7

Since: Feb 13

clap your hands!

#9896 Jul 31, 2013
Here's one I never heard before my son told me it last night...

Friends and family are like butt cheeks, crap may separate them but they always come back together....(author unknown)

“another beer ? sure why not”

Level 7

Since: Aug 12

Bermuda Triangle

#9897 Jul 31, 2013
Age wrinkles the body, quitting wrinkles the soul

Douglas MacArthur

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 6 min R C Honey 7,959
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 10 min Mega Monster 6,691
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min SobieskiSavedEurope 126,819
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 28 min -Lea- 23,929
If you had a theme song every time you walked i... (Jan '14) 33 min Capn Greg 113
The Letter "S" (Nov '08) 35 min 40ish 9,480
The letter H (Jun '13) 37 min 40ish 618
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 53 min Mega Monster 37,479
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Candy4Me 150,960
Bill Cosby 2 hr Dr Wu 147

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE