Interesting Quotes

“Still Waters Run Deep”

Level 6

Since: Sep 11

Waters Edge

#9617 Jul 9, 2013
"Keep in mind that the true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good."

Ann Landers

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#9619 Jul 10, 2013
The world is not growing worse and it is not growing better - it is just turning around as usual.
Finley Peter Dunne
perimeter

Newtown Square, PA

#9620 Jul 10, 2013
Drive will get you there,
Character will keep you from falling.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#9621 Jul 10, 2013
"While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die."

Leonardo da Vinci

“He better get thicker-skinned”

Since: Jun 08

or it'll be a LONG 4 years....

#9622 Jul 10, 2013
"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."

William Shakespeare

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#9623 Jul 10, 2013
"The Congress, whenever two thirds of both houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose amendments to this Constitution, or, on the application of the legislatures of two thirds of the several states, shall call a convention for proposing amendments, which, in either case, shall be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified by the legislatures of three fourths of the several states, or by conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other mode of ratification may be proposed by the Congress; provided that no amendment which may be made prior to the year one thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any manner affect the first and fourth clauses in the ninth section of the first article; and that no state, without its consent, shall be deprived of its equal suffrage in the Senate. "

Article V
US Constitution

I find this interesting because even the Founding Fathers of the U.S. realized that they were not carving commandments in stone.

They made it difficult, but not impossible, to change the Constitution so the supreme law of the land wouldn't blow in whichever direction the polls show.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#9624 Jul 11, 2013
“A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.”

Frank Zappa

“If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.”

Frank Zappa

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#9625 Jul 11, 2013
Unless we can recognize and own the fact that within every one of us there is one who is capable, has the potential, given a certain circumstance, to take food out of a starving babies mouth. I witnessed that from good people, decent people, loving people. They got so desperate and they were in such dire straits that they did that. We will never be enlightened unless we realize and own what our capacity, from the best of the best to the worst of the worst because then we have more empathy, more compassion, more sympathy for others who do things that are hurtful and harmful and we see, given certain situations, I’m capable of that myself. So, I’m less judgmental. ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#9626 Jul 11, 2013
Everybody's a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

All that we are is a result of what we have thought. What we think is what we become.
-Buddha

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#9627 Jul 11, 2013
"Let me die in this old uniform in which I fought my battles. May God forgive me for ever having put on another."

Benedict Arnold

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Right here under my thumb

#9628 Jul 11, 2013
"Build your opponent a golden bridge to retreat across." ~ The Art of War by Sun Tzu, 600 BC

“He better get thicker-skinned”

or it'll be a LONG 4 years....

#9629 Jul 11, 2013
"I have the most reliable friend you can have in American politics, and that is ready money."

Phil Gramm

“Colleges Search Engine ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

www.schoolanduniversity.com

#9630 Jul 12, 2013
A mixture of physical activity, enjoyment, laughter and fun is crucial in creating a healthy lifestyle

Level 8

#9631 Jul 12, 2013
Nothing Awesome Was ever Achieved Without Sweat, heart and Commitment.

Level 8

#9632 Jul 12, 2013
Great moments make great memories; so be you, be great and make great memorable moments.

Level 8

#9633 Jul 12, 2013
Loving someone doesn't need a reason. If you can explain why you love someone, its not called Love... its called Like.

Level 8

#9634 Jul 12, 2013
Fairy tales are more than true. Not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.

The Gloop
Level 8

Since: Sep 08

#9635 Jul 12, 2013
"Gloop."

Level 7

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#9636 Jul 12, 2013
The Gloop wrote:
"Gloop."
Gloop! It's you! Where have you been?

Later Gloop!

“To love and be loved”

Level 8

right here, right now...

#9637 Jul 12, 2013
"If we encounter a man of rare intellect, we should ask him what books he reads." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 21 min -Papa-Smurf- 5,510
Words "with more than one meaning" (Sep '12) 26 min Mr_FX 805
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 27 min Mr_FX 6,352
2words into 2new words (May '12) 31 min Mr_FX 7,409
Grace is that "U"? 41 min Grace Nerissa 60
True False Game (Jun '11) 57 min liam cul8r 13,583
A to Z songs by title or group! 1 hr liam cul8r 645
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr wichita-rick 210,003
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr Grace Nerissa 68,407
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 2 hr Susanm 44