Interesting Quotes

“The Topix Legend of "GS8"!”

Since: Sep 10

United States, North America

#9590 Jul 7, 2013
“I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.”

Charlotte Brontë

#9591 Jul 7, 2013
“At the center of your being
you have the answer;
you know who you are
and you know what you want.”

Lao Tzu

#9592 Jul 7, 2013

“Now look at me! Take a good look! I was born and I knew I was alive and I knew what I wanted. What do you think is alive in me? Why do you think I'm alive? Because I have a stomach and eat and digest the food? Because I breathe and work and produce more food to digest? Or because I know what I want, and that something which knows how to want—isn't that life itself? And who—in this damned universe—who can tell me why I should live for anything but for that which I want?”

Ayn Rand

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#9593 Jul 7, 2013
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy."

John Adams

“..clinton or trump....yuck... .”

Since: Jun 08

it has come to this...pitiful.

#9594 Jul 7, 2013
"Ideal conversation must be an exchange of thought, and not, as many of those who worry most about their shortcomings believe, an eloquent exhibition of wit or oratory."

Emily Post

#9595 Jul 7, 2013
"There will still be things that machines cannot do. They will not produce great art or great literature or great philosophy; they will not be able to discover the secret springs of happiness in the human heart; they will know nothing of love and friendship."

Bertrand Russell

#9596 Jul 7, 2013
"In health of mind and body, men should see with their own eyes, hear and speak without trumpets, walk on their feet, not on wheels, and work and war with their arms, not with engine-beams, nor rifles warranted to kill twenty men at a shot before you can see them."

John Ruskin

#9597 Jul 7, 2013
"One of the signs of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important."

Bertrand Russell

#9598 Jul 7, 2013
"Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces up, snow is exhilarating; there is no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather."

John Ruskin

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#9599 Jul 8, 2013
There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative~ W. Clement Stone

“Wits...”

Level 9

Since: Apr 10

...Don't fail me now.

#9600 Jul 8, 2013
My number one goal is to love, support and be there for my son.

Farrah Fawcett

All personal achievement starts in the mind of the individual. Your personal achievement starts in your mind. The first step is to know exactly what your problem, goal or desire is.

W. Clement Stone

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#9601 Jul 8, 2013
"I weep for the liberty of my country when I see at this early day of its successful experiment that corruption has been imputed to many members of the House of Representatives, and the rights of the people have been bartered for promises of office."

Andrew Jackson

#9602 Jul 8, 2013
"To the old saying that man built the house but woman made of it a "home" might be added the modern supplement that woman accepted cooking as a chore but man has made of it a recreation."

Emily Post

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#9603 Jul 8, 2013
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'–in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government–it doesn't own you."

Frank Zappa

#9604 Jul 8, 2013
"One of my favorite philosophical tenets is that people will agree with you only if they already agree with you. You do not change people's minds."

Frank Zappa
Miami Nice

Miami, FL

#9605 Jul 8, 2013
"This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness..."

~Dalai Lama

#9606 Jul 8, 2013
"You don't have to be dowdy to be a Christian."

Tammy Faye Bakker

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#9607 Jul 9, 2013
My soul is dressed with beams of light that I may serve as a beacon to those in the shadows who are seeking vision and spirit. By bringing earth closer to heaven we can all give birth to the magnificence of our own being. Ours is a journey of compassion and transformation, by breathing in the moment we cultivate spiritual wellbeing and celebrate the miracle of life. Let your global soul create a new humanity. ~ Micheal Teal

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#9608 Jul 9, 2013
If you as parents cut corners, your children will too. If you lie, they will too. If you spend all your money on yourselves and tithe no portion of it for charities, colleges, churches, synagogues, and civic causes, your children won't either. And if parents snicker at racial and gender jokes, another generation will pass on the poison adults still have not had the courage to snuff out.

Marian Wright Edelman

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#9609 Jul 9, 2013
"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

Malcolm X

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 2 min Princess Hey 9,685
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min Suezanne 189,194
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 9 min Red_Forman 1,742
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 9 min Red_Forman 144,082
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 11 min dolphinluva 31,896
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 12 min Princess Hey 12,818
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 16 min Princess Hey 2,468
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr 8541 MARINE 55,675
Transgender bathrooms .... thoughts? 1 hr stalltactics 40
More from around the web