Interesting Quotes

Level 8

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#9529 Jul 1, 2013
“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”

-Steve Jobs

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#9530 Jul 1, 2013
"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."

Will Rogers

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#9531 Jul 1, 2013
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
George Sand

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#9532 Jul 1, 2013
I love this quote. Just read it in an article:

"If he wants to stay here, there is one condition: he must stop his activities aimed at inflicting damage to our American partners, no matter how strange it may sound on my lips."

Vladimir Putin

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57591783/...

“He better get thicker-skinned”

Since: Jun 08

or it'll be a LONG 4 years....

#9533 Jul 1, 2013
"I did not steal the ring. It was a gift."

Vladimir Putin

“He better get thicker-skinned”

or it'll be a LONG 4 years....

#9535 Jul 1, 2013
"I abhor a vacuum..."

Nature

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#9536 Jul 2, 2013
There are times you can't really see or even feel how sweet life can be. Hopefully its mountains will be higher than its valleys are deep. I
know things that are broken can be fixed. Take the punch if you have to, hit the canvas and then get up again. Life is worth it.~ Queen Latifah

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#9537 Jul 2, 2013
"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty."

John F. Kennedy

Level 8

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#9538 Jul 2, 2013
"How can a society that exists on instant mashed potatoes, packaged cake mixes, frozen dinners, and instant cameras teach patience to its young?"

-Paul Sweeney

“Wits...”

Level 9

Since: Apr 10

...Don't fail me now.

#9539 Jul 2, 2013
I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.

John Burroughs

I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun.

Charles R. Swindoll

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#9540 Jul 2, 2013
“Never forget that once upon a time, in an unguarded moment, you recognized yourself as a friend.”

Elizabeth Gilbert

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#9541 Jul 2, 2013
“You can be the most beautiful person in the world and everybody sees light and rainbows when they look at you, but if you yourself don't know it, all of that doesn't even matter. Every second that you spend on doubting your worth, every moment that you use to criticize yourself; is a second of your life wasted, is a moment of your life thrown away. It's not like you have forever, so don't waste any of your seconds, don't throw even one of your moments away.”

C. JoyBell C.

“Still Waters Run Deep”

Level 6

Since: Sep 11

Waters Edge

#9542 Jul 2, 2013
"Everywhere the human soul stands between a hemisphere of light and another of darkness; on the confines of the two everlasting empires, necessity and free will."

Thomas Carlyle

“Still Waters Run Deep”

Level 6

Since: Sep 11

Waters Edge

#9543 Jul 2, 2013
"I think there's great potential for autonomy, but we have to remember that we live in a world where people may have free will but have not invented their circumstances."

Thomas Frank

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Right here under my thumb

#9544 Jul 2, 2013
''Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country.''
— President George W. Bush, Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#9546 Jul 2, 2013
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Horace Walpole

“To love and be loved”

Level 8

right here, right now...

#9547 Jul 2, 2013
There is a wisdom of the head and a wisdom of the heart. - Charles Dickens

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#9549 Jul 3, 2013
People who soar are those who refuse to sit back, sigh and wish things would change. They neither complain of their lot nor passively dream of some distant ship coming in. Rather, they visualize in their minds that they are not quitters; they will not allow life's circumstances to push them down and hold them under. ~ Charles Swindoll

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#9550 Jul 3, 2013
If our Founding Fathers wanted us to care about the rest of the world, they wouldn't have declared their independence from it.

Stephen Colbert

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#9551 Jul 3, 2013
The youth of America is their oldest tradition. It has been going on now for three hundred years.

Oscar Wilde

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) (Jul '15) 7 min Princess Hey 1,940
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 22 min Regolith Based Li... 218,805
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 25 min Sharlene45 209,970
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 26 min Crystal_Clear722 68,303
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 29 min Mr_FX 61,360
2words into 2new words (May '12) 30 min Mr_FX 7,394
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 34 min Mr_FX 10,756
Back in the day...... 37 min razz58 79
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 43 min Denny CranesPlace 20,733
News Trump's Dark, Weird, Inaugural Campaign Speech 4 hr Parden Pard 65
More from around the web