Ludington, MI

#9157 May 25, 2013
"it's definitely kinda like whoa"

some bigger idiot in Alaska

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#9158 May 26, 2013
"Whatever you do, don't lose your cool. I lost my cool once, and it killed my career." - LL J

“He better get thicker-skinned”

Since: Jun 08

or it'll be a LONG 4 years....

#9159 May 26, 2013
"The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."

James Madison

Level 8

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#9160 May 26, 2013
My dreams were all my own; I accounted for them to nobody; they were my refuge when annoyed - my dearest pleasure when free.

-Mary W. Shelley

#9161 May 26, 2013
"The essence of Government is power; and power, lodged as it must be in human hands, will ever be liable to abuse.'

James Madison

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#9162 May 27, 2013
"137 years later, Memorial Day remains one of America's most cherished patriotic observances. The spirit of this day has not changed - it remains a day to honor those who died defending our freedom and democracy."

Doc Hastings

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#9163 May 27, 2013
"Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism."

George Washington

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#9164 May 27, 2013
When you hold out for high standards, people are impressed-but they don't always like you for it. Not everybody will be on your side in your struggle to do what's right and ethical. In fact, sometimes even you won't be on your side. You'll wrestle with inner conflict, torn between what you should do and what you want to do. You'll also aggravate other people. Seems when you walk the straight and narrow you always step on someone's toes. Don't count on the ethics of excellence to make you popular. ~ Price Pritchett
Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#9165 May 27, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
But what if you live where people dare to make dreams come true?

:)

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#9166 May 27, 2013
"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything -- all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart... Stay hungry. Stay foolish."
Steve Jobs

Level 8

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#9167 May 27, 2013
Action is taking the first step. Action is climbing the hill. Action combined with desire, harmonious intent, and undoubting yes-fulness is invincible. Hallelujah!

-Terri Guillemets

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#9168 May 27, 2013
"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

#9169 May 27, 2013
"Never feel self-pity, the most destructive emotion there is. How awful to be caught up in the terrible squirrel cage of self."

Millicent Fenwick

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#9170 May 27, 2013
"There is no such thing as valid jury nullification"
6th Circuit Court of Appeals

I disagree.

A jury should also weigh the law.

It's a check by the citizens on the legislators that a law is fair.

But it's also a double edged sword: a jury might uphold an unjust law if they think they benefit from it.

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#9171 May 28, 2013
You can quote me on this:
Bugs love to bite me.

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Location hidden

#9172 May 28, 2013
So much of the stress you hold and the ways you keep yourself stuck have to do with how far you've traveled from your original self. You can release that tension by identifying who's actually there under all those layers and why that pure essence is really perfect as it is. And when you let go of that stress... when you can stop blaming yourself for being who you are, it frees up an enormous amount of energy to move forward in life.~ Jean Haner

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#9173 May 28, 2013
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt.
Thomas Moore

#9174 May 28, 2013
"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value."

Alan Greenspan

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Location hidden

#9175 May 29, 2013
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.~ Steve Jobs

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#9176 May 29, 2013
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
John F. Kennedy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 12 min SweLL GirL 9,818
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 14 min SweLL GirL 15,891
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 23 min Mustang GT Girl 11,488
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 28 min Mustang GT Girl 3,881
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) (Dec '14) 30 min Mustang GT Girl 1,519
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. 38 min Aussie Kev 2,265
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 41 min Aussie Kev 6,014
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 50 min Amy 68,025
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Goku Black 209,746
News Woman reveals what it's like to make love to a ... 2 hr wichita-rick 16
What Turns You Off? 4 hr TheJerseyDevil 77
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 7 hr Bad Bex 2,031
More from around the web