“Fluffy arctic foxes”

Level 8

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#9128 May 23, 2013
"A good friend is cheaper than therapy."

-Author Unknown

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#9129 May 23, 2013
Nothing fixes a thing so intensely in the memory as the wish to forget it.
Michel de Montaigne

“start thinkin' now, then VOTE!”

Since: Jun 08

....re-elect no one.......

#9130 May 23, 2013
"It's traditional for an heiress to be raised in a sheltered way. No one thinks that's true of me, but it actually was."

Paris Hilton

“Still Waters Run Deep”

Level 6

Since: Sep 11

Waters Edge

#9131 May 23, 2013
“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

“Still Waters Run Deep”

Level 6

Since: Sep 11

Waters Edge

#9132 May 23, 2013
“There comes a time when the world gets quiet and the only thing left is your own heart. So you'd better learn the sound of it. Otherwise you'll never understand what it's saying.”

Sarah Dessen, Just Listen

“start thinkin' now, then VOTE!”

Since: Jun 08

....re-elect no one.......

#9133 May 23, 2013
"If you want to know how your girl will treat you after marriage, just listen to her talking to her little brother."

Sam Levenson

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#9134 May 23, 2013
Dragon Dreamer wrote:
“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
Love this!

“start thinkin' now, then VOTE!”

Since: Jun 08

....re-elect no one.......

#9135 May 23, 2013
"Corruption is nature's way of restoring our faith in democracy."

Peter Ustinov

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#9136 May 24, 2013
"Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing."

Robert Benchley

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#9137 May 24, 2013
I am convinced that the deepest desire within each of us is to be liberated from the controlling influences of our own psychic madness or patterns of fear. All other things--the disdain of ordinary life, the need to control others rather than be controlled, the craving for material goods as a means of security and protection against the winds of chaos--are external props that serve as substitutes for the real battle, which is the one waged within the individual soul.~ Caroline Myss

“Fluffy arctic foxes”

Level 8

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#9138 May 24, 2013
"Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another."

-N. Hill

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#9139 May 24, 2013
A person wrapped up in himself makes a small package.
Harry Emerson Fosdick

He who knows no hardships will know no hardihood. He who faces no calamity will need no courage. Mysterious though it is, the characteristics in human nature which we love best grow in a soil with a strong mixture of troubles.
Harry Emerson Fosdick

Level 8

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#9140 May 24, 2013
Hey AW...did you feel the earthquake last night??? I know it was up in your neck of the woods...hope you still got all your dishes.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#9141 May 24, 2013
DaveMC wrote:
Hey AW...did you feel the earthquake last night??? I know it was up in your neck of the woods...hope you still got all your dishes.
We don't have earthquakes where I'm at, seriously. That area did have a volcano erupt in 1915. I'm thinking it has more to do with that....
http://www.nps.gov/lavo/naturescience/eruptio...

Level 8

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#9142 May 24, 2013
Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text> We don't have earthquakes where I'm at, seriously. That area did have a volcano erupt in 1915. I'm thinking it has more to do with that....
http://www.nps.gov/lavo/naturescience/eruptio...
That is very interesting AW...I read in that article where it said seismic activity could be attributed to lava flow...maybe an eruption coming soon???
Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#9143 May 24, 2013
Hunter1040 wrote:
What we love
determines what we seek,
what we seek determines
what we think and do,
what we think and do
determines what we become.
Uchtdorff
That's been on my mind for a few weeks. I see it paintings sometimes. So about six years ago I painted an experiment of what I wanted my to be in at one time or another with many details. Once I completed it I put it away and forgot about it. I found it recently and there it is, I am NOW in it.

Goes hand in hand with ...

“Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habit. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.”

Lao Tzu
Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#9144 May 24, 2013
Phaerae wrote:
I am convinced that the deepest desire within each of us is to be liberated from the controlling influences of our own psychic madness or patterns of fear. All other things--the disdain of ordinary life, the need to control others rather than be controlled, the craving for material goods as a means of security and protection against the winds of chaos--are external props that serve as substitutes for the real battle, which is the one waged within the individual soul.~ Caroline Myss
And lo, how the soul struggles against itself and the mind at times.

“September”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#9145 May 24, 2013
3. The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.
—Unknown Author

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#9146 May 24, 2013
__Quintessence__ wrote:
<quoted text>
And lo, how the soul struggles against itself and the mind at times.
So true my friend :-) Good to see you.

“start thinkin' now, then VOTE!”

Since: Jun 08

....re-elect no one.......

#9147 May 24, 2013
"A truly American sentiment recognizes the dignity of labor and the fact that honor lies in honest toil."

Grover Cleveland

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 min ---Word Woman--- 21,249
100 Worthy Poets from the Past 100 Years 4 min whatimeisit 5
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min Times are a Changing 147,583
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 14 min whatimeisit 26,027
Word goes to the Movies (Nov '08) 20 min whatimeisit 14,068
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 21 min reporterreport 117,294
30,000 post wins (May '13) 21 min NotaGoth 1,885
Official: Oklahoma beheading suspect a bit 'weird' 1 hr Grace Nerissa 28
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 2 hr ZkyClank 6,339
Cows Really Don't Like Cowbells, Study Finds 4 hr Go Blue Forever 45

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE