Interesting Quotes

“..i can't STAND her....and”

Since: Jun 08

...i don't want him..WTF?.....

#8763 Apr 29, 2013
"We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the vitriolic words and actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people."

Martin Luther King, Jr.

“My name is Trunks...”

Level 4

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#8764 Apr 29, 2013
"He, the writer, must teach himself that the basest of all things is to be afraid; and, teaching himself that, forget it forever, leaving no room in his workshop for anything but the old verities of the heart, the old universal truths lacking which any story is ephemeral and doomed-love and honor and pity and pride and compassion and sacrifice."-William Faulkner.

"The writer is the engineer of the human soul."-Joseph Stalin.

"Now go and write it before them in a book, so that it may last forever and ever."-The Bible.

#8765 Apr 29, 2013
"Why should I apologize because God throws in crystal chandeliers, mahogany floors, and the best construction in the world?"

Jim Bakker

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#8766 Apr 29, 2013
Old Sam wrote:
"Why should I apologize because God throws in crystal chandeliers, mahogany floors, and the best construction in the world?"
Jim Bakker
lol, praise Jesus

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#8767 Apr 30, 2013
If I feel depressed I will sing.
If I feel sad I will laugh.
If I feel ill I will double my labor.
If I feel fear I will plunge ahead.
If I feel inferior I will wear new garments.
If I feel uncertain I will raise my voice.
If I feel poverty I will think of wealth to come.
If I feel incompetent I will think of past success.

If I feel insignificant I will remember my goals.
Today I will be the master of my emotions ~ Og Mandino

Funny...I struggled with depression today and came here and found reasons to smile...thanks again to all who share here.

PhaeRae

“Still Waters Run Deep”

Level 6

Since: Sep 11

Waters Edge

#8768 Apr 30, 2013
“One thing you can't hide - is when you're crippled inside.”

John Lennon

“Still Waters Run Deep”

Level 6

Waters Edge

#8769 Apr 30, 2013
"But are not this struggle and even the mistakes one may make better, and do they not develop us more, than if we kept systematically away from emotions?"

Vincent Van Gogh

“My name is Trunks...”

Level 4

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#8770 Apr 30, 2013
"Jack, if you accept everything everyone tells you, you'll lose the ability to think. Even if it was worthless, it's still worth analyzing the results. I've seen the world from every possible angle-this cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world."-Lacie Baskerville from the manga Pandora Hearts.

"I feel so warm....we all know this moment won't last for long....but I couldn't help but wish that this dream-like moment would last....forever."-Oz Vessalius from Pandora Hearts.

"To me, Jack Vessalius feels like water...like a stretch of water, so thin that even fish avoid it. When you look into it, the only thing you see is your own reflection. You can't see his true nature. Even though he's standing right here, I can't help but get the feeling that there's no one looking back."-Glen Baskerville

#8771 Apr 30, 2013
"Boy, go get them cows. And if the bull gets after you, getcha a stick and try and kill him with it....."

My Great-Uncle Fred

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

#8772 May 1, 2013
“You've got to have someone who loves your body. Who doesn't define you, but sees you. Who loves what he sees. Who you don't have to struggle to be good enough for.”
― Deb Caletti, The Secret Life of Prince Charming

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#8773 May 1, 2013
“All it takes is a second and your whole life can get turned upside down.”
― Jodi Picoult, Salem Falls

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#8774 May 1, 2013
“A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on.”
― Carl Sandburg

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#8775 May 1, 2013
"Now most of the time, we'd had too much to drink. And we'd laugh at the stars and we'd share everything. Too young to notice and too dumb to care. Love was a story, that couldn't compare."

Mayday Parade quote

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#8776 May 1, 2013
In my heart there are visions of hope and beauty that celebrate the human imagination. Imagine Peace and you inspire the purpose within, Imagine Love and the seeds of possibilities will enable you to live your true nature and evoke your own greatness. Let us all be inspired to Imagine a world of unbridled joy and shared humanity for doing so will lead us to a rose garden of spirituality where happiness is a way of life. ~ Micheal Teal

“Rohingya is Bengali.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Save Myanmar!

#8777 May 1, 2013
Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which increases earthquakes.

- Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi, a senior Iranian Muslim cleric

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#8778 May 1, 2013
"I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it." - Maya Angelou ~

#8780 May 1, 2013
"When placed in command - take charge."

Norman Schwarzkopf

Stormin' Norman.....RIP

“Still Waters Run Deep”

Level 6

Waters Edge

#8781 May 1, 2013
"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal."

Albert Pike

“I'll think about it.”

Level 4

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#8782 May 1, 2013
“Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls” --Joseph Campbell

“I'll think about it.”

Level 4

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#8783 May 1, 2013
“The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature.”
--Joseph Campbell

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 3 min Old Sam 146,525
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 3 min SweLL GirL 3,697
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min One way or another 204,914
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 5 min Jennifer Renee 19,786
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 7 min _Zoey_ 9,118
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 9 min _Zoey_ 8,339
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '15) 11 min _Zoey_ 17
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 23 min Sharlene45 197,425
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 31 min Knock off purse s... 33,212
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 1 hr Melt down 8,832
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr 8541 MARINE 59,796
More from around the web