Interesting Quotes

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

#8725 Apr 25, 2013
“An acquaintance merely enjoys your company, a fair-weather companion flatters when all is well, a true friend has your best interests at heart and the pluck to tell you what you need to hear.”
― E.A. Bucchianeri, Brushstrokes of a Gadfly

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#8726 Apr 25, 2013
There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature ~ the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the winter.~ Rachel Carson

“Still Waters Run Deep”

Level 6

Since: Sep 11

Waters Edge

#8727 Apr 25, 2013
"For a while I thought I fell asleep. Lying motionless inside a dream. Then rising suddenly I felt a chilling breath upon me she softly whispered in my ear."

Dream Catchers

“Still Waters Run Deep”

Level 6

Since: Sep 11

Waters Edge

#8728 Apr 25, 2013
"Trapped in a hellish dream. Spinning past worlds unseen and frightfully vanishing Into the dark eternal night."

Dream Catchers

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#8729 Apr 25, 2013
"It's better to be alone and keep your dignity than to be in a relationship where you always sacrifice your self respect."

Unknown

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#8730 Apr 25, 2013
“intuition is always right in at least two important ways;
It is always in response to something.
it always has your best interest at heart”
― Gavin de Becker, The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals That Protect Us from Violence

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#8731 Apr 25, 2013
“Learning to pay attention to how your body feels can offer you rich guidance about your choices and direction in life.”
― Lynn A. Robinson, Divine Intuition: Your Inner Guide to Purpose, Peace, and Prosperity, Revised and Updated

“HEY! Who voted for Jared”

Since: Jun 08

Kushner? No One? Thot so.....

#8732 Apr 25, 2013
"Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."

John Madden

and (more or less)

my Great-Uncle Fred

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#8733 Apr 25, 2013
On a lark, I read a warning label on a bottle of bleach:

"PHYSICAN: Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the usage of gastral lavage."

I'm now thinking, I not only want to see if my doctor has a medical degree, but also that they have a Masters of English Language degree.

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#8734 Apr 25, 2013
"The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another's, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises."

Leo Buscaglia

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#8735 Apr 26, 2013
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.~ Mark Twain

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#8736 Apr 26, 2013
“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.”

Terry Pratchett

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#8737 Apr 26, 2013
“We are addicted to our thoughts. We cannot change anything if we cannot change our thinking.”

Santosh Kalwar

#8738 Apr 26, 2013
"The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is "What does a woman want?""

Sigmund Freud

Level 8

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#8739 Apr 27, 2013
The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

G.K. Chesterton

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#8740 Apr 27, 2013
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#8741 Apr 27, 2013
"The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind."

Khalil Gibran

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#8742 Apr 27, 2013
“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”

William W. Purkey

#8743 Apr 27, 2013
"No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots."

Barbara Ehrenreich
La man

Natchitoches, LA

#8744 Apr 27, 2013
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
What doesn't kill us makes us strong!

IDK, Who said this but it's one of my favorites!!
True words!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Deer filmed engaging in bizarre 'slap fight' 23 min L Craig s Hush Pu... 1
News Burns and Thornton pose nude for ESPN Body Issu... 38 min L Craig s Hush Pu... 1
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 50 min wichita-rick 6,605
News On the move: Large Idaho sequoia tree finds new... 55 min L Craig s Hush Pu... 2
2words into 2new words (May '12) 59 min wichita-rick 8,198
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr wichita-rick 23,889
News Bob Woods Named Minnesota Wild Head Coach 1 hr L Craig s Hush Pu... 1
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr Speaking of drama... 76,020
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr grace f a l l e n 218,735
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 3 hr wichita-rick 1,951
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 10 hr Parden Pard 22,886
What is your pets name? 10 hr Parden Pard 43
More from around the web