Interesting Quotes
Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Seasons Change

#8639 Apr 21, 2013
You see a lot of smart guys with dumb women, but you hardly ever see a smart woman with a dumb guy.

~Erica Jong

“Rohingya is Bengali.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Save Myanmar!

#8640 Apr 21, 2013
"Human trafficking is not a business model, it's a crime and we're going to stop it." ~ Barack Obama

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#8641 Apr 21, 2013
"For every good reason there is to lie, there is a better reason to tell the truth."

Bo Bennett

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#8642 Apr 21, 2013
"I see it all perfectly; there are two possible situations - one can either do this or that. My honest opinion and my friendly advice is this: do it or do not do it - you will regret both."

Soren Kierkegaard

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#8643 Apr 21, 2013
"The past is a great place and I don't want to erase it or to regret it, but I don't want to be its prisoner either."

Mick Jagger

Level 6

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#8644 Apr 21, 2013
“The beginning of love is the will to let those we love be perfectly themselves, the resolution not to twist them to fit our own image. If in loving them we do not love what they are, but only their potential likeness to ourselves, then we do not love them: we only love the reflection of ourselves we find in them”

Thomas Merton, No Man Is an Island

“..the Clinton Foundation....”

Since: Jun 08

..gift that keeps on giving...

#8645 Apr 21, 2013
"It may be said with a degree of assurance that not everything that meets the eye is as it appears."

Rod Serling

Level 6

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#8646 Apr 21, 2013
“You see, you closed your eyes. That was the difference. Sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them, too--even when you’re in the dark. Even when you’re falling.”

Mitch Albom, Tuesdays With Morrie

#8647 Apr 21, 2013
"Our species needs, and deserves, a citizenry with minds wide awake and a basic understanding of how the world works."

Carl Sagan

Level 6

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#8648 Apr 21, 2013
“Friendship- my definition- is built on two things. Respect and trust. Both elements have to be there. And it has to be mutual. You can have respect for someone, but if you don't have trust, the friendship will crumble.”

Stieg Larsson, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#8649 Apr 22, 2013
No one can tell what goes on in between the person you were and the person you become. There are no maps of the change. You just come out the other side. Or you don't.~ Stephen King

“Wits...”

Level 9

Since: Apr 10

...Don't fail me now.

#8650 Apr 22, 2013
The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool.

Stephen King

Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else's.

Billy Wilder

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#8653 Apr 22, 2013
"Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect- and I don't live to be- but before you start pointing fingers ... make sure your hands are clean!" Bob Marley ~

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#8654 Apr 22, 2013
"Blessed are the weird people--poets, misfits, writers, mystics, painters, troubadours - for they teach us to see the world through different eyes" Jacob Nordby ~

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#8655 Apr 22, 2013
He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
Immanuel Kant

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#8656 Apr 22, 2013
Always recognize that human individuals are ends, and do not use them as means to your end.
Immanuel Kant

Level 6

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#8657 Apr 22, 2013
"A blessed thing it is for any man or woman to have a friend, one human soul whom we can trust utterly, who knows the best and worst of us, and who loves us in spite of all our faults."

Charles Kingsley

#8658 Apr 22, 2013
"I began wearing hats as a young lawyer because it helped me to establish my professional identity. Before that, whenever I was at a meeting, someone would ask me to get coffee..."

Bella Abzug

Level 6

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#8659 Apr 22, 2013
"We are dying from overthinking. We are slowly killing ourselves by thinking about everything. Think. Think. Think. You can never trust the human mind anyway. It's a death trap."

Anthony Hopkins

#8660 Apr 22, 2013
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school."

Albert Einstein

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 2 min Post Examiner 7,249
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 3 min Old Sam 3,482
"Any 3 word combination" (Dec '12) 3 min Old Sam 2,592
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min SweLL GirL 192,866
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 4 min Old Sam 4,041
TRUMP, Donald (Jun '15) 4 min DondoDork 125
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 15 min paul 15,858
2words into 2new words (May '12) 1 hr Princess Hey 2,263
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 hr Parden Pard 56,843
News Man arrested after 'putting his PENIS on superm... 9 hr cashier 30