Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8537 Apr 15, 2013
You who are on the road
Must have a code that you can live by
And so become yourself
Because the past is just a good bye.

Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry,
So just look at them and sigh and know they love you.

And you, of tender years,
Can't know the fears that your elders grew by,
And so please help them with your youth,
They seek the truth before they can die.

Teach Your Children Lyrics
by Crosby Stills Nash Young
http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/c/crosbystillsn...

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#8538 Apr 15, 2013
"The real lover is the man who can thrill you just by touching your head or smiling into your eyes - or just by staring into space."

Marilyn Monroe

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#8539 Apr 15, 2013
Never limit your dreams to only what you can see becoming reality. The universe has infinite ways of bringing desires into fruition, once you allow the possibility by removing your limitations.~ Danielle Marie Crume

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#8540 Apr 15, 2013
“The capacity for getting along with our neighbor depends to a large extent on the capacity for getting along with ourselves. The self-respecting individual will try to be as tolerant of his neighbor's shortcomings as he is of his own.”

Eric Hoffer

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#8541 Apr 15, 2013
“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Voltaire (1694-1778)
Philosopher, Essayist

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#8542 Apr 15, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
"Frankly, I don't know what it is about California, but we seem to have a strange urge to elect really obnoxious women to high office. I'm not bragging, you understand, but no other state, including Maine, even comes close. When it comes to sending left-wing dingbats to Washington, we're Number One. There's no getting around the fact that the last time anyone saw the likes of Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein, Maxine Waters, and Nancy Pelosi, they were stirring a cauldron when the curtain went up on 'Macbeth'. The four of them are like jackasses who happen to possess the gift of blab. You don't know if you should condemn them for their stupidity or simply marvel at their ability to form words."
-- Columnist Burt Prelutsky, Los Angeles Times
'i' see it the same way!
4 women that know 'nothing' about anything that start the mouth to running but forget to turn on the brain.LMAO

Level 6

Location hidden

#8543 Apr 15, 2013
"Romance like a ghost escapes touching; it is always where you are not, not where you are. The interview or conversation was prose at the time, but it is poetry in the memory."

George William Curtis

“Is Trump still POTUS?”

Since: Jun 08

..just so long as SHE isn't...

#8544 Apr 15, 2013
"When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said "Let us pray." We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land."

Bishop Desmond Tutu

Level 6

Location hidden

#8545 Apr 16, 2013
"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."

Lao Tzu

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#8546 Apr 16, 2013
If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A person flattened by an opponent can get up again. A person flattened by conformity stays down for good.~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr

Level 6

Location hidden

#8547 Apr 16, 2013
"There are souls in this world which have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go."

Frederick Faber

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

#8548 Apr 16, 2013
I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

~Carl Sandburg

Level 8

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#8549 Apr 16, 2013
Who are you to judge the life I live? I know Im not perfect, and I dont live to be, but before you start pointing fingers make sure your hands are clean.

-Bob Marley

“Is Trump still POTUS?”

#8550 Apr 16, 2013
"We may be surprised at the people we find in heaven. God has a soft spot for sinners. His standards are quite low."

Bishop Desmond Tutu

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#8551 Apr 16, 2013
"May the Sun bring you new energy by day. May the Moon softly restore you by night. May the Rain wash away your worries. May the Breeze blow new strength into your being. May you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life."

—Apache Blessing

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#8552 Apr 16, 2013
"Warriors are not what you think of as warriors. The warrior is not someone who fights, because no one has the right to take another life. The warrior, for us, is one who sacrifices himself for the good of others. His task is to take care of the elderly, the defenseless, those who cannot provide for themselves, and above all, the children, the future of humanity."

Sitting Bull (c. 1831 - 1890),

“Still Waters Run Deep”

Level 6

Since: Sep 11

Waters Edge

#8553 Apr 16, 2013
"Instead of weeping when a tragedy occurs in a songbird's life, it sings away its grief. I believe we could well follow the pattern of our feathered friends."

William Shakespeare

“Is Trump still POTUS?”

#8554 Apr 16, 2013
"There is something wrong about the man who wants help. There is somewhere a deep defect, a want, in brief, a need, a crying need, somewhere about that man."

Herman Melville

Since: Aug 08

Buffalo, NY

#8555 Apr 16, 2013
..."horse sense is the thing a horse has to keep it from betting on people ..."

...wc fields ...

“Is Trump still POTUS?”

#8556 Apr 16, 2013
"It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?"

Ronald Reagan

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 1 min Bovenzi13 13,809
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 8 min whatimeisit 10,225
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 28 min whatimeisit 50,007
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 29 min whatimeisit 21,104
Phrases that you don't hear very often (Nov '11) 33 min Slimmy the Geek 931
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 1 hr wichita-rick 2,578
True False Game (Jun '11) 1 hr Gunslinger45 15,734
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 224,407
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 2 hr quilterqueen 6,425
#Things You DON'T Want To Hear# 2 hr Camilla 220