“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#8314 Apr 3, 2013
Ego is like a room of your own, a room with a view with the temperature and the smells and the music that you like. You want it your own way. You'd just like to have a little peace, you'd like to have a little happiness, you know, just gimme a break. But the more you think that way, the more you try to get life to come out so that it will always suit you, the more your dear of other people and what's outside your room grows. Rather than becoming more relaxed, you start pulling down the shades and locking the door. When you do go out, you find the experience more and more unsettling and disagreeable. You become touchier, more fearful, more irritable than ever. The more you try to get it your way, the less you feel at home.~ Pema Chodron

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#8315 Apr 3, 2013
"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

Miguel de Cervantes

“The who whating how...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#8316 Apr 3, 2013
"Knowledge is power, however a person's most useful asset is not a head full of knowledge, but a heart full of love, an ear ready to listen and a hand willing to help others."
daveswordofwisdom.com
Camilla

Los Angeles, CA

#8317 Apr 3, 2013
"Nothing kills the soul
that commands to evil
like seeing the beauty
of the heart"

Shams Tabrizi
Camilla

Los Angeles, CA

#8318 Apr 3, 2013
Debra27 wrote:
"Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today."
~Thich Nhat Hanh
Hope is important!-
(Swap out "moment" for "sham" and "hardship" for "starship")

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

#8319 Apr 3, 2013
“Think and then think what you have thought. Is it really what you had thought. Think again.”
― Amit Abraham, Personality Development Through Positive Thinking

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

#8320 Apr 3, 2013
“Everybody who flashed the signs of loyalty he took to be loyal. Everybody who flashed the signs of intelligence he took to be intelligent. And so he had failed to see into his daughter, failed to see into his wife, failed to see into his one and only mistress—probably had never even begun to see into himself”
― Philip Roth, American Pastoral

“The who whating how...”

Level 6

"...with huh?"

#8321 Apr 3, 2013
"Worry is a misuse of imagination."
Unknown.

“Still Waters Run Deep”

Level 6

Since: Sep 11

Waters Edge

#8322 Apr 3, 2013
"I dream of the realization of the unity of Africa, whereby its leaders combine in their efforts to solve the problems of this continent. I dream of our vast deserts, of our forests, of all our great wildernesses."

Nelson Mandela

“Still Waters Run Deep”

Level 6

Since: Sep 11

Waters Edge

#8323 Apr 3, 2013
"Computers are magnificent tools for the realization of our dreams, but no machine can replace the human spark of spirit, compassion, love, and understanding."

Louis Gerstner

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#8324 Apr 3, 2013
Temper never mellows with age, and a sharp tongue is the only edged tool that grows keener with constant use.
Washington Irving

“The who whating how...”

Level 6

"...with huh?"

#8325 Apr 3, 2013
"I'm gonna ask you one more time, will you or will you not go out with me? I think my hand's slipping."
Noah

“..merry Christmas....”

Since: Jun 08

....to each and all.....!

#8326 Apr 3, 2013
"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."

Groucho Marx

“The who whating how...”

Level 6

"...with huh?"

#8327 Apr 3, 2013
"A worried mother does better research than the FBI."
Unknown

“..merry Christmas....”

Since: Jun 08

....to each and all.....!

#8328 Apr 3, 2013
"Mustard's no good without roast beef."

Chico Marx

“The World Is My Garden”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8329 Apr 3, 2013
You must be the change you want to see in the world...

Mahatma Gandhi...

“The World Is My Garden”

Location hidden

#8330 Apr 3, 2013
Hi Ya Sam!...
@}-'--,---

“The World Is My Garden”

Location hidden

#8331 Apr 3, 2013

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#8332 Apr 3, 2013
Phaerae wrote:
Ego is like a room of your own, a room with a view with the temperature and the smells and the music that you like. You want it your own way. You'd just like to have a little peace, you'd like to have a little happiness, you know, just gimme a break. But the more you think that way, the more you try to get life to come out so that it will always suit you, the more your dear of other people and what's outside your room grows. Rather than becoming more relaxed, you start pulling down the shades and locking the door. When you do go out, you find the experience more and more unsettling and disagreeable. You become touchier, more fearful, more irritable than ever. The more you try to get it your way, the less you feel at home.~ Pema Chodron
I so appreciate your posts here. thanks.

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

#8334 Apr 3, 2013
From dad again;

"If it bothers ya go do something about it. If ya can't do something about it, why let it bother ya"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 11 min Dave 25,833
Myths made reality bizarre claims made for anci... 16 min Ginny 38
7 Teens Come Home Pregnant From School Trip 17 min wichita-rick 68
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 43 min Mega Monster 7,743
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr SLY WEST 152,723
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 1 hr CJ Rocker 1,115
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 1 hr CJ Rocker 6,901
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 4 hr andet1987 2,989
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 hr replaytime 133,653
More from around the web