“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#8140 Mar 22, 2013
"You've got to preach with your life before you can preach with your mouth." ~ Brian Beasley

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#8142 Mar 22, 2013
"You cannot, in human experience, rush into the light. You have to go through the twilight into the broadening day before the noon comes and the full sun is upon the landscape."

Woodrow Wilson

“Still Waters Run Deep”

Level 6

Since: Sep 11

Waters Edge

#8143 Mar 22, 2013
"The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough."

George Edward Moore

“Artifical intelligence is no”

Level 3

Since: Feb 13

match for natural stupidity

#8144 Mar 22, 2013
Just remember, Diaper spelled backwards is Repaid.

“start thinkin' now, then VOTE!”

Since: Jun 08

....re-elect no one.......

#8145 Mar 22, 2013
"I'm blacker than Barack Obama. I shined shoes. I grew up in a 5 room apartment. My father had a little laundromat in a black community not far from where we lived. I saw it all growing up."

Rod Blagojevich

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

#8146 Mar 23, 2013
“Words can be twisted into any shape. Promises can be made to lull the heart and seduce the soul. In the final analysis, words mean nothing. They are labels we give things in an effort to wrap our puny little brains around their underlying natures, when ninety-nine percent of the time the totality of the reality is an entirely different beast. The wisest man is the silent one. Examine his actions. Judge him by them.”
― Karen Marie Moning

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#8147 Mar 23, 2013
“Depending on the reality one must face, one may prefer to opt for illusion.”
― Judith Guest, Ordinary People

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#8148 Mar 23, 2013
"Everything was working fine until tsunami came."

Prof. HISAHI NINOKATA, Tokyo Institute of Technology
PBS Frontline
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/healt...

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#8149 Mar 23, 2013
Barely half an hour after the quake, the first of a series of tsunami waves hit Japan’s coast. The world watched as the waves washed over 1,300 miles of coastline, destroying communities and killing thousands.

Then at about 3:30, just 45 minutes after the earthquake, one of the giant waves inundated the Fukushima nuclear plant. The plant’s seawall was designed to block a 17-foot tsunami. The actual wave was at least three times that height.

Miles O'Brien
Same source as the previous post.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#8150 Mar 23, 2013
“Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.”

Soren Kierkegaard

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#8151 Mar 23, 2013
“It's being here now that's important. There's no past and there's no future. Time is a very misleading thing. All there is ever, is the now. We can gain experience from the past, but we can't relive it; and we can hope for the future, but we don't know if there is one.”

George Harriso

“Still Waters Run Deep”

Level 6

Since: Sep 11

Waters Edge

#8152 Mar 23, 2013
"The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives the passion that she shows. The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years."

Audrey Hepburn

“start thinkin' now, then VOTE!”

Since: Jun 08

....re-elect no one.......

#8153 Mar 23, 2013
"Who among us does not love NASCAR?"

John Kerry

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#8154 Mar 24, 2013
“Sometimes you make the right decision, sometimes you make the decision right.”
― Phillip C. McGraw

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#8155 Mar 24, 2013
“Occasionally we all do wrong things from right motives. Only time can prove us right or wrong. The past is the past. Nothing can change it now, and who is to say that it was all wrong, anyway?”
― Mary Balogh, The Devil's Web

“The..”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#8156 Mar 24, 2013
"Feelings? What am I? A hippy at a love in?"
Sheldon Cooper

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

#8157 Mar 24, 2013
“He was the kind of young man whose handsome face has brought him plenty of success in the past and is now ever-ready for a new encounter, a fresh-experience, always eager to set off into the unknown territory of a little adventure, never taken by surprise because he has worked out everything in advance and is waiting to see what happens, a man who will never overlook any erotic opportunity, whose first glance probes every woman's sensuality, and explores it, without discriminating between his friend's wife and the parlour-maid who opens the door to him. Such men are described with a certain facile contempt as lady-killers, but the term has a nugget of truthful observation in it, for in fact all the passionate instincts of the chase are present in their ceaseless vigilance: the stalking of the prey, the excitement and mental cruelty of the kill. They are constantly on the alert, always ready and willing to follow the trail of an adventure to the very edge of the abyss. They are full of passion all the time, but it is the passion of a gambler rather than a lover, cold, calculating and dangerous. Some are so persistent that their whole lives, long after their youth is spent, are made an eternal adventure by this expectation. Each of their days is resolved into hundreds of small sensual experiences - a look exchanged in passing, a fleeting smile, knees brushing together as a couple sit opposite each other - and the year, in its own turn, dissolves into hundreds of such days in which sensuous experience is the constantly flowing, nourishing, inspiring source of life.”
― Stefan Zweig, The Burning Secret and other stories

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#8158 Mar 24, 2013
"When I woke up Sunday morning at the Open and stepped outside and felt the wind and rain in my face, I knew I had an excellent chance to win if I just took my time and trusted myself."

Tom Kite

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#8159 Mar 24, 2013
"Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back."
Babe Ruth
Camilla

United States

#8160 Mar 24, 2013
"A view of reality through Tudor
Does arouse the notion
That struggle and success
Must be met"

Tudor Lady

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min SLY WEST 147,636
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 17 min Dogen 117,357
(Non Computer) Mouse issues HELP!! 1 hr SLY WEST 42
Things Not To Say In Bed (Oct '11) 1 hr -Lea- 2,659
Top Deal Breakers in Relationships (Feb '13) 1 hr SLY WEST 835
I Like..... (Mar '14) 1 hr SLY WEST 376
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 2 hr Crazy Jae 1,418
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr -Lea- 21,356
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 6,370
Woman Held in Jail for Weeks Over SpaghettiOs 5 hr NOM s Waffle House 9