“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#8123 Mar 21, 2013
Sometimes we think that to develop an open heart, to be truly loving and compassionate, means that we need to be passive, to allow others to abuse us, to smile and let anyone do what they want with us. Yet this is not what is meant by compassion. Quite the contrary. Compassion is not at all weak. It is the strength that arises out of seeing the true nature of suffering in the world. Compassion allows us to bear witness to that suffering, whether it is in ourselves or others, without fear; it allows us to name injustice without hesitation, and to act strongly, with all the skill at our disposal. To develop this mind state of compassion...is to learn to live, as the Buddha put it, with sympathy for all living beings, without exception.~ Sharon Salzberg

“Fishin" in the Moonlight”

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

.......¿.......

#8124 Mar 21, 2013
White collar conservative flashin down the street, pointing that plastic finger at me, they all assume my kind will drop and die, but I'm gonna wave my freak flag high.

~Jimi Hendrix

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#8125 Mar 21, 2013
"Peace has never come from dropping bombs. Real peace comes from enlightment and educating people to behave more in a divine manner" ~ Carlos Santana ...

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

#8126 Mar 21, 2013
“The worst pain in the world goes beyond the physical. Even further beyond any other emotional pain one can feel. It is the betrayal of a friend.”
― Heather Brewer, Ninth Grade Slays

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

#8127 Mar 21, 2013
“When I see you, I think "I wonder which face she sees when she looks into the mirror.”
― C. JoyBell C.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#8128 Mar 21, 2013
Those wearing tolerance for a label call other views intolerable.
Phyllis McGinley

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#8130 Mar 21, 2013
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. And I got depressed because I thought, Damn. I am less nurturing than a desert.

Demetri Martin

Level 3

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8131 Mar 21, 2013
"If she's amazing, she won't be easy. If she's easy, she won't be amazing. If she's worth it, you won't give up. If you give up, you're not worthy. Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." --Bob Marley

“Still Waters Run Deep”

Level 6

Since: Sep 11

Waters Edge

#8132 Mar 21, 2013
“The only drink I like ice in is water, because you can’t water down water. I’m like that with love, too. Don’t you dare add any ice to the hot liquid loving I’m trying to pour all over you.”

Jarod Kintz

“Still Waters Run Deep”

Level 6

Waters Edge

#8133 Mar 21, 2013
“Emotions come and go and can't be controlled so there's no reason to worry about them. That in the end, people should be judged by their actions since in the end it was actions that defined everyone.”

Nicholas Sparks, The Last Song

“...2015...”

Since: Jun 08

....comin' right up!........

#8134 Mar 21, 2013
"Do you think this Constitution-loving is getting out of hand?

Joy Behar

“I'll think about it.”

Level 4

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#8135 Mar 21, 2013
“There is only one god and his name is Death,” said Syrio.
“And there’s only one thing we say to Death:‘Not today.’”

“...2015...”

Since: Jun 08

....comin' right up!........

#8136 Mar 21, 2013
"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country."

Marion Barry

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#8137 Mar 22, 2013
If love is in our hearts, every thought, word, and deed can bring about a miracle. Because understanding is the very foundation of love, words and actions that emerge from our love are always helpful. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#8138 Mar 22, 2013
“Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird,
That cannot fly.”

Langston Hughes

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#8139 Mar 22, 2013
“When you know better you do better.”

Maya Angelou

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#8140 Mar 22, 2013
"You've got to preach with your life before you can preach with your mouth." ~ Brian Beasley

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#8142 Mar 22, 2013
"You cannot, in human experience, rush into the light. You have to go through the twilight into the broadening day before the noon comes and the full sun is upon the landscape."

Woodrow Wilson

“Still Waters Run Deep”

Level 6

Waters Edge

#8143 Mar 22, 2013
"The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough."

George Edward Moore

“Artifical intelligence is no”

Level 3

Since: Feb 13

match for natural stupidity

#8144 Mar 22, 2013
Just remember, Diaper spelled backwards is Repaid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hawaii Blizzard 4 min Hoosier Hillbilly 4
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min black shuck 152,873
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 13 min Hoosier Hillbilly 30,385
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 19 min Hoosier Hillbilly 5,214
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 21 min Hoosier Hillbilly 7,631
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 25 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,807
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 32 min Hoosier Hillbilly 55,329
Is it possible to....... 2 hr wichita-rick 613
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr eleanorigby 37,787
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 hr -Lea- 26,019
Woman Switches Seats on Plane, Spends 3 Days in... 10 hr TALLYHO 8541 28
More from around the web