"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?"
Albert Einstein
Hazel, you know the answer to that.

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#7188 Jan 21, 2013
People will try to tell you that all the great opportunities have been snapped up. In reality, the world changes every second, blowing new opportunities in all directions, including yours.~ Ken Hakuta

“The..”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#7189 Jan 21, 2013
The Fence

There once was a little boy who had a bad temper. His father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the fence. The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails hammered daily, gradually dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.

Finally the day came when the boy didn’t lose his temper at all. He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper. The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone.

The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence. He said “you have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one.” You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. It won’t matter how many times you say I’m sorry, the wound is still there. Make sure you control your temper the next time you are tempted to say something you will regret later.

- Author Unknown

Level 6

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#7190 Jan 21, 2013
Juicily, very nice and thank you.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

#7191 Jan 21, 2013
Let a watch upon my lips oh Lord,
that I may never speak the cruel word which is untrue,
or being true, is not the whole truth
Or being wholly true
is merciless.

Quaker Prayer

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#7192 Jan 21, 2013
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.
Francis Bacon

“start thinkin' now, then VOTE!”

Since: Jun 08

....re-elect no one.......

#7193 Jan 21, 2013
"Some things are better than sex, and some are worse, but there's nothing exactly like it."

W. C. Fields

“The..”

Level 6

#7194 Jan 21, 2013
Nun: Let me get this straight: you don't believe in God because of "Alice in Wonderland"?
Loki: No, "Through the Looking Glass". That poem, "The Walrus and the Carpenter," that's an indictment of organized religion. The walrus, with his girth and his good nature, he obviously represents either Buddha, or, or with his tusks, the Hindu elephant god, Lord Ganesha. That takes care of your Eastern religions. Now the carpenter, which is an obvious reference to Jesus Christ, who was raised a carpenter's son, he represents the Western religions. Now in the poem, what do they do? What do they do? They, they dupe all these oysters into following them and then proceed to shuck and devour the helpless creatures en masse. I don't know what that says to you, but to me it says that following these faiths based on mythological figures ensures the destruction of one's inner being. Organized religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions, by inhibiting our decisions out of, out of fear of some, some intangible parent figure who, who shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and says, and says, "Do it... do it and I'll frrackin' spank you."
Bartleby:[Bartleby is listening from a nearby seat]
[quietly]
Bartleby: Oh, geez...
Nun: The way you put it... I never really thought about it like that before. What have I been doing with my life? What am I...
Loki: Yeah, I know. Listen, my advice to you: you take this money that you've been collecting for your parish, go get yourself a nice dress, you know? Fix yourself up. Find some man, find some woman, that you can connect with, even for a moment,'cause that's really all that life is, Sister. It's a series of moments. Why don't you seize yours?
[the nun hesitates, then smiles, nods, and leaves]
Loki: That-a girl. Ah.
[he turns around and sits next to Bartleby with a grin on his face]
Bartleby: You know, here's what I don't get about you. You know for a fact that there is a God. You've been in His presence. He's spoken to you personally. Yet I just heard you claim to be an atheist.
Loki: I just like to frrack with the clergy, man. I just love it, I love to keep those guys on their toes.
Dogma.

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

#7195 Jan 22, 2013
"Never dull your shine for somebody else." ~Tyra Banks, America's Next Top Model, "The Girl Who Is Afraid of Heights," original airdate 17 October 2007

“The..”

Level 6

#7196 Jan 22, 2013
"A day without dealing with stupid people is like, never mind I'll let you know when it happens."
Daffy

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#7197 Jan 22, 2013
Think about it. When we are so focused on achieving our goals, we often miss big, life-changing opportunities. Yes, opportunity knocks often, sometimes softly. And more often than not, sometimes loudly. Opportunity could be screaming and yelling at us, and yet we ignore it. People who live goal-free are constantly watching for new opportunities that present themselves in unexpected ways. With open minds—and open eyes—they’re able to identify opportunities anywhere, even in unlikely places, and anytime, even in tragedy. They keep their minds clear of clutter to allow subtle messages to appear, because on the road of life you need to be on the lookout for hidden signposts. ~ Stephen Shapiro

“The..”

Level 6

#7198 Jan 22, 2013
"Harry doesn't know how to fail"
AJ

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

#7199 Jan 22, 2013
Oliver Wendell Holmes once attended a meeting in which he was the shortest man present. "Dr. Holmes," quipped a friend, "I should think you'd feel rather small among us big fellows." "I do," retorted Holmes, "I feel like a dime among a lot of pennies." ~Author Unknown

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#7200 Jan 22, 2013
For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction.
Lord Byron

“The..”

Level 6

#7201 Jan 22, 2013
"What the f is the internet?"
Jay

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

#7202 Jan 22, 2013
"Life doesn't imitate art; life imitates bad television."

Woody Allen

“Gene Police! OUTTA THE POOL!”

Level 3

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7203 Jan 22, 2013
I would rather have an inferiority complex and be pleasantly surprised, than have a superiority complex and be rudely awakened.

Vanna Bonta
American writer

“The..”

Level 6

#7204 Jan 22, 2013
"Be careful with what you teach, it might interfere with what they are learning."
Magda Gerber

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min anonymous 117,370
20,000th Post Wins - 2d Edition (Jan '13) 4 min NotaGoth 1,282
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 4 min NotaGoth 137,774
Drop 3 Keep 2 }of the words in a sentence{ 7 min Spirit67_ 8
Only Three Letter Words - Alphabetically (Jul '11) 14 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,678
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 18 min Mister_ E 6,371
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 19 min Hoosier Hillbilly 7,134
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 22 min Mister_ E 147,643
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 24 min Mister_ E 21,357
I Like..... (Mar '14) 5 hr SLY WEST 376
Woman Held in Jail for Weeks Over SpaghettiOs 8 hr NOM s Waffle House 9

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE