Location hidden

#6987 Jan 5, 2013
Wise one say, "When mouth open - ears close."

“Happy Halloween”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Boo

#6988 Jan 5, 2013
A real woman can do it all by herself,but a real man wont let her!!!!

“vote your heart/conscience but”

Since: Jun 08

....re-elect no one.......

#6989 Jan 5, 2013
"Anyone who can walk to the welfare office can walk to work."

Al Capp

Level 6

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#6990 Jan 5, 2013
Speak less listen more.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#6991 Jan 6, 2013
"Vini, Vidi, Vici"

I came, I saw, I conquered.

A slogan that was on the Marlboro crest for cigarettes.

But who does the "I" refer to? The smoker or the cigarette?

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Bournemouth, UK

#6992 Jan 6, 2013
greymouser wrote:
"Vini, Vidi, Vici"
I came, I saw, I conquered.
A slogan that was on the Marlboro crest for cigarettes.
But who does the "I" refer to? The smoker or the cigarette?
It's also a quotation from Julius Caesar in reference to his (unsuccessful) invasions of Britain in 55 & 54 BC.

“Indigenous”

Level 4

Since: Feb 11

Sacred Land

#6993 Jan 6, 2013
"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."

~Lao Tzu~

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#6994 Jan 6, 2013
I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him. ~Abraham Lincoln

#6995 Jan 6, 2013
"Like all New York hotel lady cashiers she had red hair and had been disappointed in her first husband."

Al Capp

Level 6

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#6996 Jan 7, 2013
Sioux Warrior wrote:
"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
~Lao Tzu~
How right.

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#6997 Jan 7, 2013
Friends are better than gold.
A friend will feed you.
Gold will get you killed.
Anonymous

Brisbane, Australia

#6998 Jan 7, 2013
quilterqueen wrote:
Friends are better than gold.
A friend will feed you.
Gold will get you killed.
“Conventionality is not morality. Self-righteousness is not religion. To attack the first is not to assail the last. To pluck the mask from the face of the Pharisee, is not to lift an impious hand to the Crown of Thorns.

These things and deeds are diametrically opposed: they are as distinct as is vice from virtue. Men too often confound them: they should not be confounded: appearance should not be mistaken for truth; narrow human doctrines, that only tend to elate and magnify a few, should not be substituted for the world-redeeming creed of Christ. There is – I repeat it – a difference; and it is a good, and not a bad action to mark broadly and clearly the line of separation between them.”
― Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre.

“A critic is someone who never actually goes to the battle, yet who afterwards comes out shooting the wounded”

>>>> I Pay no attention to what a critic says. A statue has never been erected in honor of a critic.” <<<<<

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#6999 Jan 7, 2013
The start of the New Year is a perfect time to start a stop doing list and to make this the cornerstone of your New Year resolutions, be it for your company, your family or yourself. It also is a perfect time to clarify your three circles, mirroring at a personal level the three questions...
1) What are you deeply passionate about?
2) What are you are genetically encoded for -- what activities do you feel just "made to do"?
3) What makes economic sense -- what can you make a living at?
Those fortunate enough to find or create a practical intersection of the three circles have the basis for a great work life.~ Jim Collins

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#7000 Jan 7, 2013
Petty laws breed great crimes.
Ouida

“Happy Halloween”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Boo

#7001 Jan 7, 2013
Sometimes people thousand miles away from you, can make you feel better than people who are right beside you..

#7002 Jan 7, 2013
"Do you know the difference between a beautiful woman and a charming one? A beauty is a woman you notice, a charmer is one who notices you."

Adlai E. Stevenson

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#7003 Jan 8, 2013
We all have a divine mission on earth. Let that mission be to inspire love and embrace the light within. Let that mission be to have peace in our hearts as we create heaven on earth. Let that mission be to seek empowerment through transformation and to breathe joy into everything we do. If we allow these things to be our mission the golden light of the sun will shine on our souls and change our world forever. ~ Micheal Teal

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#7004 Jan 8, 2013
Things do not pass for what they are, but for what they seem. Most things are judged by their jackets.
Baltasar Gracian

“unstoppable”

Since: Jul 11

Hell

#7005 Jan 8, 2013
There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.

- Washington Irving

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#7006 Jan 8, 2013
"Find what you love and let it kill you"

Charles Bukowski

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 4 min Crazy Beautiful 6,940
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min Times are a Changing 149,454
20,000th Post Wins - 2d Edition (Jan '13) 7 min tiger_-_dad 1,452
what are you drinking (May '13) 8 min Congratulations G... 1,118
True or False Game 10 min Sublime1 586
Your Life On Earth 10 min Kid_Tomorrow 2
Ready for Hillary? 13 min Kid_Tomorrow 8
Ebola in America 25 min Kid_Tomorrow 584
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 31 min -Lea- 22,440

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE