Since: Sep 10

Yunited States, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

”By calling attention to ‘a well regulated militia,’‘the security of the nation,’ and the right of each citizen ‘to keep and bear arms,’ our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy… The Second Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason I believe the Second Amendment will always be important.”

John F. Kennedy

“The Topix Legend of GS!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms….The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants”

Thomas Jefferson

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

”A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.”

George Washington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

”No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.”

Thomas Jefferson

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

”To prohibit a citizen from wearing or carrying a war arm ... is an unwarranted restriction upon the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege.”

Wilson v. State

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

”`The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.’ The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, and not such merely as are used by the milita, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree; and all this for the important end to be attained: the rearing up and qualifying a well-regulated militia, so vitally necessary to the security of a free State. Our opinion is that any law, State or Federal, is repugnant to the Constitution, and void, which contravenes this right.”

Nunn vs. State

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

”The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”

Thomas Jefferson

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

“Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”

Plato

“.remember when congress tried-”

Since: Jun 08

..to SOLVE our problems?...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

GodSmacked wrote:
<quoted text>
Jennifer Jones the actress? I do like this quote nonetheless.
...the actress....

"It seems to me that there must be an ecological limit to the number of paper pushers the earth can sustain, and that human civilization will collapse when the number of, say, tax lawyers exceeds the world's total population of farmers, weavers, fisherpersons, and pediatric nurses."

Barbara Ehrenreich

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Old Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
...the actress....
"It seems to me that there must be an ecological limit to the number of paper pushers the earth can sustain, and that human civilization will collapse when the number of, say, tax lawyers exceeds the world's total population of farmers, weavers, fisherpersons, and pediatric nurses."
Barbara Ehrenreich
Barbara Ehrenreich is an extraordinary woman. "a myth buster by trade"

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Rose of Tralee wrote:
Liquid architecture. It's like jazz - you improvise, you work together, you play off each other, you make something, they make something. And I think it's a way of - for me, it's a way of trying to understand the city, and what might happen in the city.
Architect Frank Gehry
http://www.designboom.com/cms/images/jayme01/...
It is not the beauty of a building you should look at; its the construction of the foundation that will stand the test of time.
David Allan Coe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

"Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."

Bil Keane

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

GodSmacked wrote:
“Democracy... while it lasts is more bloody than either aristocracy or monarchy. Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There is never a democracy that did not commit suicide.”
John Adams
“The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather that of the party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections.”
Lord Acton

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Old Sam wrote:
"Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
Bil Keane
I use to love The Family Circus.

Level 6

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

GodSmacked wrote:
“As long as you know men are like children, you know everything!”
Coco Chanel
Very well said

“Gone Fishin', bye!”

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

.......¿.......

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Failures are divided into 2 classes--those who thought and never did, and those that did and never thought.

~John Charles Salak

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Humhainna wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well said
I agree!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

"The thing that impresses me most about America is the way parents obey their children."

Edward VIII

“Gone Fishin', bye!”

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

.......¿.......

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Are you gonna fish, cut bait or get out of the boat?

~Uncle John

Level 4

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Whattt?

-Lil Jon

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••