Interesting Quotes

“The Topix Legend of "GS8"!”

Since: Sep 10

Manalapan, FL

#6698 Dec 19, 2012
“As we advance in life it becomes more and more difficult, but in fighting the difficulties the inmost strength of the heart is developed.”

Vincent van Gogh

Manalapan, FL

#6699 Dec 19, 2012
“What! Would I be turned back from doing a thing that I had determined to do, and that I knew to be right, by the airs and interference of such a person, or any person I may say? No, I have no idea of being so easily persuaded. When I have made up my mind, I have made it.”

Jane Austen

“Augusy '16”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

‘

#6700 Dec 19, 2012
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's learning to dance in the rain."

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

#6701 Dec 19, 2012
A great estate is a great disadvantage to those who do not know how to use it, for nothing is more common than to see wealthy persons live scandalously and miserably; riches do them no service in order to virtue and happiness; therefore 'tis percept and principle, not an estate that makes a man good for something.

~Antoninus

Manalapan, FL

#6702 Dec 19, 2012
“Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants.”

Epictetus

Manalapan, FL

#6703 Dec 19, 2012

“wealth does not bring goodness, but goodness brings wealth and every other blessing, both to the individual and to the state”

Socrates

Manalapan, FL

#6704 Dec 19, 2012
“The greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.”

Martha Washington

Manalapan, FL

#6705 Dec 19, 2012
“The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.”

Marcus Aurelius

Manalapan, FL

#6706 Dec 19, 2012
“Happiness is not a goal...it's a by-product of a life well lived.”

Eleanor Roosevelt

Manalapan, FL

#6707 Dec 19, 2012
“There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power or our will.”

Epictetus

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#6708 Dec 19, 2012
“The most unpardonable sin in society is independence of thought”(Anarchism and Other Essays). Although her statement regarding the nature of an unforgivable sin is hardly biblical in nature, it is certainly true that independence of thought is a pathway that has led many a bold thinker to his or her martyrdom (both literal and figurative).

Bertrand Russell (1872-1970) wrote,“Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth — more than ruin, more even than death. Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible; thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habits; thought is anarchic and lawless, indifferent to authority, careless to the well-tried wisdom of the ages”(Principles of Social Reconstruction). Little wonder, then, that some regard thought, and especially independence of thought, as “the most unpardonable sin in society.” Sadly, this is especially perceived within the parameters of religion.
http://www.gracecentered.com/blasphemy_of_the...

“..i can't STAND her....and”

Since: Jun 08

...i don't want him..WTF?.....

#6709 Dec 19, 2012
"Deliver the letter, the sooner the better...."

Reba the Mail Lady

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#6710 Dec 19, 2012
At the Rendezvous Bridger was noted for the tall stories told around the campfire. Once, when pressed by a British journalist to describe how he'd escaped from a box canyon, penned in by attacking Indians, he explained, "Oh, that time I never did. They killed us right there." Bridger had a Blackfoot arrowhead stuck in his back from an Indian battle. It had been there three years. At one Rendezvous Dr. Whitman did surgery on Bridger's back to get the arrowhead out. Dr. Whitman asked Bridger how he lived so long and Jim said, "Meat does not spoil fast in the Rockies."
http://www.pishtush.com/camwrangler/z-jimbrid...

“..i can't STAND her....and”

Since: Jun 08

...i don't want him..WTF?.....

#6711 Dec 19, 2012
"I favor the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and it must be enforced at gunpoint if necessary."

Ronald Reagan

Manalapan, FL

#6712 Dec 19, 2012
“A man’s worth is no greater than the worth of his ambitions.”

Marcus Aurelius

Manalapan, FL

#6713 Dec 19, 2012
“His resolve is not to seem, but to be, the best.”

Aeschylus

Manalapan, FL

#6714 Dec 19, 2012
“People with ambition don't give a damn what other people think of them.”

Diane Setterfield

Manalapan, FL

#6715 Dec 19, 2012
“Yes the truth is that men's ambition and their desire to make money are among the most frequent causes of deliberate acts of injustice.”

Stageira

Manalapan, FL

#6716 Dec 19, 2012
“Success is most often achieved by those who don't know that failure is inevitable.”

Coco Chanel

Manalapan, FL

#6717 Dec 19, 2012
“It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.”

Leonardo da Vinci

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Couple claims dog murdered over Clinton sign 1 min Ted Haggard s Gos... 4
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 5 min KNIGHT DeVINE 19,805
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 6 min Northbound 33,220
Word Association. (Nov '10) 7 min KNIGHT DeVINE 19,711
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 8 min KNIGHT DeVINE 13,706
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min Sharlene45 197,549
2words into 2new words (May '12) 10 min KNIGHT DeVINE 3,825
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 14 min _Susan_ 8,834
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 38 min A TROLL NAMED SLACK 59,799
More from around the web