Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

One of the best lessons that anyone can learn in life is how to use time wisely. Consider what can be done in ten minutes. If you need a little mental relaxation, you can sit down with a friend and play a game of cards. If you need some physical recreation, you can engage in a few exercises that will help tone up your body. Perhaps you have a friend who for weeks or months has been looking for a letter. Then there may be among your acquaintances someone whose friendship you would value highly and whose counsel would be profitable. Learn to use ten minutes intelligently. It will pay you huge dividends.~ William A. Irwin

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

“Nirvana”

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
~ Albert Einstein

“Nirvana”

Level 6

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed"
~ Albert Einstein

“Nirvana”

Level 6

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of the evil in it, but because of those who stand by and do nothing"
~ Albert Einstein

“Wits...”

Level 9

Since: Apr 10

...Don't fail me now.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.

Jim Rohn

When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.

Confucius

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." To this day, especially in times of disaster, I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world.

Mr. Rogers

“April”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

" Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.":

- Og Mandino -

“...sure is cool out there....”

Since: Jun 08

...but it ain't thunderin'....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

"Time to make the donuts....."

Fred the Baker

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Various local governments censured the Topix forums. Many lawsuits resulted from content posted on Topix.[6] When Topix began removing all negative posts, people stopped posting on Topix, so the company stopped removing all negative posts.[5]
Wikipedia

“To love and be loved”

Level 8

right here, right now...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Assuming the worst in a person hurts them. Assuming th best in a person disappoints you. Assuming nothing allows you both. - Doe Zantamata

Level 6

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Take me, I am here for you.

Since: Sep 10

Yunited States, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

“It has been said,'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”

Rose Kennedy

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

GodSmacked wrote:
“It has been said,'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”
Rose Kennedy
Thats a favorite quote of mine Godsmack. I need to commit it to memory for the next time someone comes up with that old and tired adage "what ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger" I've never believed that for a moment.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Nature is an infinite sphere of which the center is everywhere and the circumference nowhere

Blaise Pascal

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

The Ox and the Frog
"Oh Father," said a little Frog to the big one sitting by the side of a pool, "I have seen such a terrible monster! It was big as a mountain, with horns on its head, and a long tail, and it had hoofs divided in two."
"Tush, child, tush," said the old Frog, "that was only Farmer White's Ox. It isn't so big either; he may be a little bit taller than I, but I could easily make myself quite as broad; just you see."

So he blew himself out, and blew himself out, and blew himself out.

"Was he as big as that?" asked he.

"Oh, much bigger than that," said the young Frog.

Again the old one blew himself out, and asked the young one if the Ox was as big as that.

"Bigger, Father, bigger," was the reply.

So the Frog took a deep breath, and blew and blew and blew, and swelled and swelled.
And then he said, "I'm sure the Ox is not as big as this."
But at that moment he burst.

Self-conceit may lead to self-destruction.
Linda the lonely widow

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

I fish wrote:
The Ox and the Frog
"Oh Father," said a little Frog to the big one sitting by the side of a pool, "I have seen such a terrible monster! It was big as a mountain, with horns on its head, and a long tail, and it had hoofs divided in two."
"Tush, child, tush," said the old Frog, "that was only Farmer White's Ox. It isn't so big either; he may be a little bit taller than I, but I could easily make myself quite as broad; just you see."
So he blew himself out, and blew himself out, and blew himself out.
"Was he as big as that?" asked he.
"Oh, much bigger than that," said the young Frog.
Again the old one blew himself out, and asked the young one if the Ox was as big as that.
"Bigger, Father, bigger," was the reply.
So the Frog took a deep breath, and blew and blew and blew, and swelled and swelled.
And then he said, "I'm sure the Ox is not as big as this."
But at that moment he burst.
Self-conceit may lead to self-destruction.
REALLY? What a dumbass

Level 6

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Money is the root of all evils.

“...sure is cool out there....”

...but it ain't thunderin'....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope...."

The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers

(Freewheelin' Franklin, I believe it was....)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,281 - 6,300 of12,315
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••