“....winter time is....”

Since: Jun 08

....."numba TEN!!!".....

#6512 Dec 3, 2012
...true that, gracie....but over here we are seldom asked to go to war....we are just TOLD...

"We will be greeted as Liberators!"

Dick Cheney
anderson alabama

Beaverton, OR

#6513 Dec 3, 2012
Wondering Heart wrote:
"There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right and pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of life. Getting back up is living."

I can't find the author.
Like!

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#6514 Dec 4, 2012
You and I are standing this very second at the meeting place of two eternities: the vast past that has endured forever, and the future that is plunging on to the last syllable of recorded time. We can’t possible live in either of those eternities – no, not even for a split second. But, by trying to do so, we can wreck both our bodies and our minds. So let’s be content to live the only time we can possible live: from now until bedtime.~ Dale Carnegie

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

‘

#6515 Dec 4, 2012
Stan: > 'I've certainly got to hand it to you, Ollie.'

Oliver: > ' For what?'

Stan: > 'Well, for the meticulous care with which you have executed your finely formulated machinations in extricating us from this devastating dilemma!'

- Laurel & Hardy -

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#6516 Dec 4, 2012
Nothing builds self-esteem and self-confidence like accomplishment.
Thomas Carlyle

No pressure, no diamonds.
Thomas Carlyle

It is a vain hope to make people happy by politics.
Thomas Carlyle

If you do not wish a man to do a thing, you had better get him to talk about it; for the more men talk, the more likely they are to do nothing else.
Thomas Carlyle

“....winter time is....”

....."numba TEN!!!".....

#6517 Dec 4, 2012
"Most folks don't know the difference between chicken sh!t and chicken salad."

LBJ

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Location hidden

#6518 Dec 5, 2012
Hope for the moment. There are times when it is hard to believe in the future, when we are temporarily just not brave enough. When this happens, concentrate on the present. Cultivate le petit bonheur (the little happiness) until courage returns. Look forward to the beauty of the next moment, the next hour, the promise of a good meal, sleep, a book, a movie, the likelihood that tonight the stars will shine and tomorrow the sun will shine. Sink roots into the present until the strength grows to think about tomorrow. ~ Ardis Whitman

“A beautiful Lady..”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

:o) Smile (o:

#6519 Dec 5, 2012
He who has not Christmas in his heart will not find it under a tree!!!!

“I'll think about it.”

Level 4

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#6520 Dec 5, 2012
"So the shortest day came, and the year died,
And everywhere down the centuries of the snow-white world
Came people singing, dancing,
To drive the dark away.
They lighted candles in the winter trees;
They hung their homes with evergreen;
They burned beseeching fires all night long
To keep the year alive,
And when the new year’s sunshine blazed awake
They shouted, reveling.
Through all the frosty ages you can hear them
Echoing behind us — Listen!!
All the long echoes sing the same delight,
This shortest day,
As promise wakens in the sleeping land:
They carol, fest, give thanks,
And dearly love their friends,
And hope for peace.
And so do we, here, now,
This year and every year.
Welcome Yule!" --Susan Cooper from "The Shortest Day"

Peace, joy and love are available to all people, regardless of their beliefs or their lack of them.

“Wits...”

Level 9

Since: Apr 10

...Don't fail me now.

#6521 Dec 5, 2012
A man may imagine things that are false, but he can only understand things that are true, for if the things be false, the apprehension of them is not understanding.

Isaac Newton

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#6522 Dec 5, 2012
I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.
Lucille Ball

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

#6523 Dec 5, 2012
Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

Benjamin Franklin
Rocky

United States

#6524 Dec 5, 2012
Thank you. I came here tonight… and I didn’t know what to expect. I’ve seen a lot of people hating me… and I didn’t know… what to feel about that, so… I guess I didn’t like you much either. During this fight… I seen a lot of changing: the way you felt about me… and the way I felt about you. In here… there were two guys… killing each other. But I guess that’s better than million. What I’m trying to say is… if I can change… and you can change… everybody can change! I just want to say one thing to my kid… who should be home sleeping. Merry Christmas, kid! I love you!

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#6525 Dec 5, 2012
Idle hands are the devil's workshop.

“....winter time is....”

....."numba TEN!!!".....

#6526 Dec 5, 2012
"Happy hands are happy hands."

Old Sam

“A beautiful Lady..”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

:o) Smile (o:

#6527 Dec 5, 2012
If a man whistles at you dont respond.You are a lady not a dog!!!!

“....winter time is....”

....."numba TEN!!!".....

#6528 Dec 5, 2012
"OOOOOOOOOOO, Babe! I wish I had a swing like that in MY backyard!"

Old Sam

“Rohingya is Bengali.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Save Myanmar!

#6529 Dec 6, 2012
"No, you can't deny women their basic rights and pretend it's about your 'religious freedom'. If you don't like birth control, don't use it. Religious freedom doesn't mean you can force others to live by your own beliefs."

- Barack Obama

“Hippie Witch”

Level 6

Location hidden

#6530 Dec 6, 2012
Whatever you do, do it happily. Do not have any regrets: "Oh, I should have done this; I should have done that." No, whatever you have done, feel that that is absolutely the right thing. That will give you joy. Once you do it, feel that you have done your best. If you say, "I should have done something else," it will weaken you. Then you will not be able to do your other events well. Always do everything well and say, "I have done the right thing. If I have taken rest, it was absolutely necessary. If I have not taken rest, it is because it was not necessary." Always convince your mind with happiness, happiness.~ Sri Chinmoy

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Bournemouth, UK

#6531 Dec 6, 2012
“It is a curious thing, the death of a loved one. We all know that our time in this world is limited, and that eventually all of us will end up underneath some sheet, never to wake up. And yet it is always a surprise when it happens to someone we know. It is like walking up the stairs to your bedroom in the dark, and thinking there is one more stair than there is. Your foot falls down, through the air, and there is a sickly moment of dark surprise as you try and readjust the way you thought of things.”
― Lemony Snicket, Horseradish: Bitter Truths You Can't Avoid.

Guess I'm thinking about death rather a lot - first Roadrunner and then the mum of another topix buddy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama takes control of Internet 2 min Hoosier Hillbilly 68
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 4 min Grace Nerissa 31,200
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 4 min Doug77 30,875
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min replaytime 149,179
How's your weather today? (Mar '12) 7 min 40ish 5,348
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 10 min Grace Nerissa 8,053
Rest in Peace, Spock 12 min Mister_ E 2
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Good-Evil 157,737
Couple filmed 'having sex on Charlton Athletic'... 2 hr dragoon70056 4
Five Weird Signs You're Smarter Than Average 2 hr dragoon70056 39
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 hr Denny CranesPlace 39,191
More from around the web