Another Strange Twist In Aaron Hall H...

Another Strange Twist In Aaron Hall Hate Crime Murder Case

There are 170 comments on the Advance Indiana story from May 23, 2007, titled Another Strange Twist In Aaron Hall Hate Crime Murder Case. In it, Advance Indiana reports that:

Jackson Circuit Court Judge Bill Vance continued a bail hearing for Coleman King, an 18-year-old Crothersville man accused of brutally beating to death Aaron "Shorty" Hall on April 12 after Hall allegedly ... via Advance Indiana

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Advance Indiana.

think about it

United States

#62 Sep 18, 2007
c-ville, wake up ? It sounds like you don't read the papers much to believe there is many bad things going on in Jackson County. A woman and 2 men were indited for the murder of that Bruner guy in Vallonia just abiut a year ago, the murder was several years ago...NEXT door to the sheriff's house and the former sheriff was just a couple of houses down the road. There was a dump of a body near Clearspring 5-6 years ago, and how many people have been killed in Seymour, some by the police, and the others at or near Crothersville. Crothersville was a great place to live 25 years ago when I lived there, there's no way in hell I would live there now. There are plenty of good people there, it's the rif-raft from other places that has moved in a torn the place down.
wait a minute

Evansville, IN

#63 Sep 27, 2007
Yes, it would appear that during c'ville's stay, he's spent much of his time asleep.
Although I don't recall her name, I do remember many years ago, a woman who did bookkeeping at an egg farm in Seymour was found dead in the trunk of her car - unsolved.
Carrie Croucher's lifeless body was found on the golf course in Seymour - unsolved.
Joe Korn was found floating dead in the White river - unsolved.
Keyla Weddell was found beaten to death in her bedroom in Medora - unsolved.
Actually, c'ville, solving murder cases is a relatively new concept for the area. Don't get me wrong, I applaud the police for solving murders,if their efforts are focused on convicting the actual perpetrator.
Now you seem to stand firm on the fact that Jeff Tatlock remained at the scene when that house blew, even though the Crothersville Times claims that he fled. In other words, you're saying that the media coverage coming from your own town's publication is made up of lies, but, it's a great place to live.
As for Hickman, you claim: "Chuckie was a junkie, no doubt about that...and I believe he DID think he killed her, just the suggestion put it in his head." Indeed, the media also stated that he was a junkie as well as mentally handicapped, and the two factors are what led to his totally “false confession”.
Then I suppose that you can explain to everyone how Hickman could have been sharp enough to implicate a man on the spur of the moment who not only matched the composite sketch as if he'd posed for it, but also the description (tall, skinny, late teens to early twenties). Furthermore, he owned a truck which was the exact same make, model, and color as the vehicle described by the eyewitness who claimed to have seen her.
Now I did copy this from a post that you made on another forum on Sept. 14, 2007:
"Watch the papers though, some druggies here in town may get a surprise soon."
Then, just 8 days later, a meth lab is discovered and 6 people are arrested in your town. Now, how could you have known that was going to happen?
Well, I must admit, I too was a little confused at first as to why you were defending both the “dimwith” cops and Jeff Tatlock. Now, it makes much more sense.
Give me a break

United States

#64 Sep 29, 2007
Don't forget about Carrie Jackson who was found dead in a field last summer-unsolved. Carrie was a sister in law to Dean Jackson who was killed earlier this year. Dean was a brother in law to Aaron Hall.
As for the murder that happened next door to the sheriff, a young lady was charged with murder in that case. Shannon Weber merely drove a vehicle to Ronnie Bruner's home and remained in the vehicle while the other two men went in to rob Bruner. When they discovered Bruner was home which they had not counted on, they stabbed him. Shannon Weber had no idea they were going to kill him, nor did she participate but was nonetheless charged with his murder. Yet in the murder of Aaron Hall, Hendricks remains only charged with assisting a criminal even though he knew exactly what Gray and King were doing and did not attempt to stop them and another man, John Hodge remains completely uncharged.
Whether or not Terry Gray could fit into a normal sized cop car is irrelevant. Terry Gray was indeed a reserve deputy. In fact, in the month prior to Katie's disappearance John Neace's brother Jerry called authorities to complain about a foul odor coming from the apartment complex. That smell, Neace claimed was so strong that it made his throat burn.
A mere 21 minutes later, Gray arrived from the Jackson County Sherriff's department. He could not smell anything suspicious, so therefore made no arrests.
After Katie was found dead, it was stated that this was the apartment she last visited according to eye witnesses. The name of the individuals who were in the apartment at the time were never released to the public.
Why would this family choose him as their spokesperson when it seems he himself failed to raise his own children properly? If he did indeed move out leaving his minor children alone that should have been child neglect/abandonment. Well I guess that doesn't count either as long as you are one of the good old boys in Jackson County.
DAY-Z HALL

AOL

#65 Oct 22, 2007
AARON HALL WAS MY DAD AND I MISS HIM A VERY VERY VERY MUCH. BUT BECAUSE OF THEM BOYS I DONT HAVE A DAD ANY MORE. I DON'T EVEN HAVE A DAD TO GIVE A HUG AND JUST SAY I LOVE YOU. I MISS MY DAD A LOT.
Penny Haywood

Lexington, KY

#66 Nov 18, 2007
wait a minute wrote:
Yes, it would appear that during c'ville's stay, he's spent much of his time asleep.
Although I don't recall her name, I do remember many years ago, a woman who did bookkeeping at an egg farm in Seymour was found dead in the trunk of her car - unsolved.
Carrie Croucher's lifeless body was found on the golf course in Seymour - unsolved.
Joe Korn was found floating dead in the White river - unsolved.
Keyla Weddell was found beaten to death in her bedroom in Medora - unsolved.
Actually, c'ville, solving murder cases is a relatively new concept for the area. Don't get me wrong, I applaud the police for solving murders,if their efforts are focused on convicting the actual perpetrator.
Now you seem to stand firm on the fact that Jeff Tatlock remained at the scene when that house blew, even though the Crothersville Times claims that he fled. In other words, you're saying that the media coverage coming from your own town's publication is made up of lies, but, it's a great place to live.
As for Hickman, you claim: "Chuckie was a junkie, no doubt about that...and I believe he DID think he killed her, just the suggestion put it in his head." Indeed, the media also stated that he was a junkie as well as mentally handicapped, and the two factors are what led to his totally “false confession”.
Then I suppose that you can explain to everyone how Hickman could have been sharp enough to implicate a man on the spur of the moment who not only matched the composite sketch as if he'd posed for it, but also the description (tall, skinny, late teens to early twenties). Furthermore, he owned a truck which was the exact same make, model, and color as the vehicle described by the eyewitness who claimed to have seen her.
Now I did copy this from a post that you made on another forum on Sept. 14, 2007:
"Watch the papers though, some druggies here in town may get a surprise soon."
Then, just 8 days later, a meth lab is discovered and 6 people are arrested in your town. Now, how could you have known that was going to happen?
Well, I must admit, I too was a little confused at first as to why you were defending both the “dimwith” cops and Jeff Tatlock. Now, it makes much more sense.
My sister is Teresa Darlene Osborne. She is the one that was found burned to death in the trunk of her car and her murder, along with the others mentioned, remains unsolved. I have contacted the Indiana State Police on different occasions, all resulting in the same thing, no new information, but the cases remain open in the state of Indiana. Is anyone out there that can help me? I was 7 years old when she was murdered, and my mother passed away 2 years to the day that Teresa did. She never got over this and neither have I. My family just needs some closure. Thanks to you in advance, Penny
meE

AOL

#67 Jan 14, 2008
anonamous wrote:
i hate the mother f#$%^&@ who killed my good friend shorty!
YOU TWO THAT SAID HATE ARE HERE BECAUSE OF HATE WHY DONT U PRACTICE WHAT U PREACH IF U HATE THEM U ARE NO BETTER
SABRENA BAKER

AOL

#68 Jan 15, 2008
I'M DAY-ZS' MOM!(AARONS DAUGHTER) TODAY COLLMAN GOT SENTENCED TO 30YEARS DO 15!!!! HOW CAN OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM SAY THAT THIS IS EVEN RIGHT? THESE BOYS BEAT MY DAUGHTERS DAD FOR MANY HOURS,TOOK HIS CLOTHES OFF AND LEFT HIM TO DIE ALONE IN 37 DEGREE WEATHER!!!!! OUR DAUGHTER IS 10 AND IS FOREVER WITHOUT HER DADDY!! MY SISTER HAS 2 KIDS BY DEAN JACKSON AND WILL SOON BE GOING THROUGH THE SAME LET DOWN AS I HAVE!!!! JACSKON COUNTY NEEDS SOMEONE TO INVESTIGATE THE WHOLE COURT SYSTEM,COPS,AND EVERYTHING IN THIS COUNTY!!!!!! WHERE IS OUR JUSTICE? MY DAUGHTER CRIES EVERYDAY FOR HER DADDY.ALL SHES GOT LEFT IS PICTURES AND MEMORIES!!!!
Concerned

United States

#69 Jan 21, 2008
Don't forget about Carrie Jackson who was found dead in a field last summer-unsolved. Carrie was a sister in law to Dean Jackson who was killed earlier this year. Dean was a brother in law to Aaron Hall.

How do you know that these people were related and do you know if there are any breaks in the Dean Jackson murder?
Give me a break

United States

#70 Jan 22, 2008
There was an earlier thread about Dean Jackson in which his family members posted. I haven't heard much about that one in a while. Sabrena, if there is any news there, please keep us updated.
My heart goes out to you and your family.
SABRENA BAKER

AOL

#71 Jan 26, 2008
I MISS YOU SO MUCH SHORTY!!!!! OUCH,THIS IS DEEP!!!!
Penny Haywood

Bowling Green, KY

#72 Feb 2, 2008
Can anyone help me? I have been trying to find any information that would help the police, or me, or anyone that is willing to help, find answers that myself and my family still need to have regarding my sister Teresa's murder. I can feel for the families that do not know who killed their loved one. I am living proof that you do not EVER get over it. There is not a day that I do not think of her, and why something like this had to happen to her. Please, can anyone help me?
SABRENA BAKER

AOL

#73 Apr 7, 2008
WELL COLLMAN KING AND GARRETT GRAY OR NOW DOING 15 YEARS FOR MURDERING AARON!THEY MIGHT AS WELL RIPPED MY HEART OUT!!!!!OUR DAUGHTER CRIES ALL THE TIME AND IT BREAKS MY HEART!!!! JAMES HINDRIX IS AWAITING HIS SENTENCING.HE WANTED A PLEA BARGIN OF 1YEAR 6 MONTHS!!!! I'M SURE THAT HE'S JUST GONNA GET A SLAP ON THE WRIST TOO!!!!!!! SHORTY WILL NEVER COME HOME!THAT'S HARD TO SWALLOW!!!! OUR LIFES ARE PERMANTLY DAMAGED!!!!IT'S HARD TO GET THROUGH THE DAYS AND NIGHTS,KNOWING THIS!!!!
AS FAR AS DEAN JACKSON. ROBERT BARKER IS CHARGED WITH HIS MURDER.TIM WILKERSON IS CHARGED WITH HELPING! TIM WENT TO COURT A WEEK AGO AND PLEADED GUILTY FOR A DEAL!!!!I THINK OUR SYSTEM IS SO FUCKED UP!!!THEY LET KILLERS BACK OUT ON OUR STREETS TO KILL AGAIN!! MY SISTER AND I HAVE TO EXPLAIN TO OUR CHILDREN THAT THIER DADDYS ARE NOT EVER COMING HOME! THAT'S DEEP!!!!!!!
WE DEEPLY MISS YOU SHORTY AND DEAN!!!!!
one flew over

Radcliff, KY

#74 Apr 15, 2008
Rhaemorris

Long Beach, NY

#75 Aug 4, 2008
Penny Haywood wrote:
<quoted text>My sister is Teresa Darlene Osborne. She is the one that was found burned to death in the trunk of her car and her murder, along with the others mentioned, remains unsolved. I have contacted the Indiana State Police on different occasions, all resulting in the same thing, no new information, but the cases remain open in the state of Indiana. Is anyone out there that can help me? I was 7 years old when she was murdered, and my mother passed away 2 years to the day that Teresa did. She never got over this and neither have I. My family just needs some closure. Thanks to you in advance, Penny
I went to school with Teresa and think of her often. I wondered what happened to her family after her murder. I wish someone would come forward with information about her murder. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. rhaemorris@yahoo.com
sunshine

United States

#76 Aug 18, 2008
SABRENA BAKER wrote:
WELL COLLMAN KING AND GARRETT GRAY OR NOW DOING 15 YEARS FOR MURDERING AARON!THEY MIGHT AS WELL RIPPED MY HEART OUT!!!!!OUR DAUGHTER CRIES ALL THE TIME AND IT BREAKS MY HEART!!!! JAMES HINDRIX IS AWAITING HIS SENTENCING.HE WANTED A PLEA BARGIN OF 1YEAR 6 MONTHS!!!! I'M SURE THAT HE'S JUST GONNA GET A SLAP ON THE WRIST TOO!!!!!!! SHORTY WILL NEVER COME HOME!THAT'S HARD TO SWALLOW!!!! OUR LIFES ARE PERMANTLY DAMAGED!!!!IT'S HARD TO GET THROUGH THE DAYS AND NIGHTS,KNOWING THIS!!!!
AS FAR AS DEAN JACKSON. ROBERT BARKER IS CHARGED WITH HIS MURDER.TIM WILKERSON IS CHARGED WITH HELPING! TIM WENT TO COURT A WEEK AGO AND PLEADED GUILTY FOR A DEAL!!!!I THINK OUR SYSTEM IS SO FUCKED UP!!!THEY LET KILLERS BACK OUT ON OUR STREETS TO KILL AGAIN!! MY SISTER AND I HAVE TO EXPLAIN TO OUR CHILDREN THAT THIER DADDYS ARE NOT EVER COMING HOME! THAT'S DEEP!!!!!!!
WE DEEPLY MISS YOU SHORTY AND DEAN!!!!!
How unusal, two sisters having both husbands murdered. Almost sounds like something going on that should not have been. I feel sorry for the families involved,"ALL" of them. Not trying to hurt anyone, however, maybe if the fathers were somewhere besides in the wrong place, then the explainations to the children would not have to be. It is not a normal occurance for a man in his late 30s' to hang with people in their teens' and early 20s'. I agree, the people who murdered should pay for their crimes. Just wondering WHY daddy was not home at the time. Also, MAMA, you should clean up the language for the 10 year old. It's never too late to make a difference in your life including your daughter. Best Wishes for the future.
not aware

Long Beach, NY

#77 Aug 20, 2008
Who is this carrie croucher ...never heard of this story ..so sad ..anybody have the details..
excuse me

Evansville, IN

#78 Aug 21, 2008
Carrie was married to David Croucher. She was a bookkeeper at Rose Acre Farms. They lived in Seymour close to the Country Club golf course. She was found lying on the golf course strangled to death in 1983. Her husband David was arrested for the crime, but, was later acquitted.
If I'm not mistaken, I believe that Teresa Osborne may have been a bookkeeper at Rose Acres at the time of her death as well. Penny, if you're still watching, can you tell us if that is correct?
Hardburly

Middletown, OH

#80 Sep 1, 2008
Jesus Chrysler wrote:
Many years ago I attended school in Hanover, Indiana. During my time there I was always amazed at the ignorance and poor education of the local population. This seemed to be the norm across all of southern Indiana. I understand that this is primarily due to what geographers called "the invasion of the southern rustic". Basically, the hillbillies moved in as highways were built across Appalachia and gave them a way to escape their isolation and poverty.
Now that may explain this tendency to shy away from education, consume alcohol in extreme excess, and frequently resort to violence to resolve often minor problems. What I don't know is why these archtypes persist. This migration occurred in the 1940s. Why are the people still so inferior?
Your Humble Savior,
Jesus Chrysler
Goeth now, and be stupid no more.
What a Dumbass you are! One has to laugh at your brilliant reasonings for this killing. The
migrations in the 1940's from Appalachia is the cause. Man oh Man! I would be embarrassed to write such stupidity.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#81 Sep 8, 2008
Hardburly wrote:
<quoted text> What a Dumbass you are! One has to laugh at your brilliant reasonings for this killing. The
migrations in the 1940's from Appalachia is the cause. Man oh Man! I would be embarrassed to write such stupidity.
SOMEBODY STOP ME !!!!!!!!!!PLEASE..........lol
Well here I go again !!!
I have never seen a group of such miserable,ungrateful people in my entire life.Please.....for the sake of GOD and all mankind....Show some love for each other.....who knows..it might actually be contagious and "catch on"
Do it for yourselves if nothing else.......your world will feel a lot better.
excuse me

Evansville, IN

#82 Sep 9, 2008
SOMEBODY STOP ME !!!!!!!!!!PLEASE..........lol
Well here I go again !!!
I have never seen a group of such miserable,ungrateful people in my entire life.

That's so kind, and coming from the moderator, no less. If you bothered to read all the posts, you'd see that in amongst this GROUP are people from the family along with others who are actually concerned with trying to help.
Oh, there are a few posts from idiots, but, I fail to see how the whole group posting here is miserable and ungrateful.
Now, to you this thread may be no where near as interesting as the amber ihle thread which is merely made up of you and another woman bickering like a couple of school girls.
Let's take a look at the Discovery Bus Turns the Page thread. There you are again, posting oomments as mature as those of a 12 year old.
Grow up, lady.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Village Cites Resident for Having Beehives With... 8 min Pat Robertson s F... 8
Write cities alfabetically (tell the country/st... (Sep '11) 9 min Wolftracks 2,561
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 15 min Denny CranesPlace 46,502
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 16 min Broken Lance 8,110
Fake book titles game (Feb '10) 17 min Mechanic 4,294
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 20 min Don Henley 40,756
News Muslim cleric says masturbating makes your hand... 21 min Emerald 17
News 'Father' Marries His 'Son' 43 min Pat Robertson s F... 16
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 52 min Mechanic 4,607
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Sublime1 163,052
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 2 hr Mechanic 652
More from around the web