When I was a kid.....
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#3232 May 11, 2014
Lovescocks wrote:
I remember the good old days when you could go the bathroom with out hearing someone's phone go off or someone in the stall next to you dialing someone up to chat.
I think the next time that happens I'm going to have to be very vocal with my deposits.
Seriously people!!! I believe in multitasking but that takes it to a whole new level.:)
Sounds like you spent lots of time in public crappers.......

Level 1

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#3233 May 11, 2014
Harrison Freebird wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you spent lots of time in public crappers.......
Yes in fact, when I wake up in the middle of the night I drive to the closet market to use their restrooms. WOW your so smart!! How did you know.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3234 May 11, 2014
home in lincoln county wrote:
<quoted text> Go Blue sorry for the late response as we wintered out of the country and no net . I too was a child of south fl. carol city in the 50's till 69 . I use to lay awake at night awaiting the ocean breeze to come in to the house to cool it off enough to sleep . almost every night at 10 I could watch the curtains blow up and the cool air in . A much simpler time .
That's cool....Where do you stay? It sounds great....Before we finally got a big window unit....we had this weird round fan, you could put in the room's center, and it had a center container, you'd put ice cubes in, then turn the fan on....i also recall a boatload of Night Blooming Jasmine....

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#3235 May 12, 2014
When I was a kid
there were things
you couldn't do
Interrupt adults talking
help yourself to food
pick on other kids
pick your nose
say NO!

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#3236 May 14, 2014
When I was a kid I got my behind busted for taking up for myself..

Level 9

Location hidden

#3237 May 14, 2014
Once I hit a big tall boy in the back of his head with a broom handle for fighting with my sister who was taking up for my brother..I was 3 or 4 then and the boy was somewhere around 13..

Level 9

Location hidden

#3239 May 21, 2014
The man I called dad would tell me he wasn't my dad.This started when I was 12 and continued until I was 32..Three weeks before he died he wanted to be near me and I didn't..I said to my husband I've done good without him and I don't need him now..

Level 9

Location hidden

#3240 May 22, 2014
When I was a kid....now when was that....I had to grow up fast and do what the so call adults was suppose to do...take care of me..

Level 9

Location hidden

#3242 May 22, 2014
..alone most of the time and still yet today....

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3243 May 22, 2014
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0usp8Rpq51...

That's just how we rolled, b1tches!!!

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3244 Jun 15, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> That's cool....Where do you stay? It sounds great....Before we finally got a big window unit....we had this weird round fan, you could put in the room's center, and it had a center container, you'd put ice cubes in, then turn the fan on....i also recall a boatload of Night Blooming Jasmine....
sorry Blue for the late response I ve been in the hosp. ticker trouble . we winter down argentina way have close friends there , who have a cattle / banana ranch they lets us stay in their guest house and they come up to the hi country with us for our summers . sadly my friend and i are both in failing health so we both know our time together with each other and our families is short . but it's ok we both have had a great ride and await the next one . one of the kids i grew up with in s. fl. had one of those ice fans . i remember his parents would get so mad at him for emptying all the ice trays in the frig. to use in the fan. we didn't have a tv so we went to a neighbors twice a week to watch shows like bonanza , raw hide , kraft mystery theater ,red skelton and of course the great one jackie gleason from the miami beach convention center . i got to meet mr. gleason over in the miami lakes area , real nice man class act . thanks for putting up with an old fool have a good day ! later.

Level 7

Location hidden

#3245 Jun 15, 2014
Hope your feeling better?.....My dad lived in Miami Springs, and we used to see Jackie Gleason on his custom Golf Cart, had a bar built into it and he played alotta golf....I still love that guy....

Level 9

Location hidden

#3246 Jun 15, 2014
When I was a kid helped dad carry the coal stove,worked in the garden,washed his feet,cut his fingernails and toe nails....when I was a kid?????

Level 9

Location hidden

#3247 Jun 15, 2014
I even iron his big pants(50) and shirts XXXL.....His shirt would make me a dress and his pants 2 of us kids could get in them and fasten them..We said we are the two headed monster...lol..His old pants that we played in was some old one that was use to patch his better ones.
Crazy Guggenheim

Flossmoor, IL

#3248 Jun 15, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Hope your feeling better?.....My dad lived in Miami Springs, and we used to see Jackie Gleason on his custom Golf Cart, had a bar built into it and he played alotta golf....I still love that guy....

Enzo49

“Vintage 1949”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

...lightly salted...

#3249 Jun 15, 2014
When I was a kid, I remember the time I sitting on my Dad's lap and steering his '55 Buick Special across the George Washington bridge...

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#3250 Jun 16, 2014
Enzo49 wrote:
When I was a kid, I remember the time I sitting on my Dad's lap and steering his '55 Buick Special across the George Washington bridge...
i remember sitting in my uncles lap trying to drive his car when I was around 4 or 5. Every one of my kids have sat in my lap and drove because of that moment and each time I always remember that day.

Level 7

Location hidden

#3251 Jun 16, 2014
Crazy Guggenheim wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Nx_CudCLnD8XX
Thanks....People weren't aware of all his talent, including writing music......To see his full range, check out a movie, Gigot....he made and directed in France, about a poor, deaf mute in France, and how everyone treats him....exceptional....I loved the guy.........

“Want A Friend, Be One..”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

We All Could Use A Friend!!

#3252 Jun 16, 2014
I remember as a kid when you left your doors unlocked and windows..you could trust others your name meant something and your handshake..neighbors helping neighbors..everybody watched out for others..wow how things have changed..they call it progress but really is it..such sad times we live in..
Jennette

Portland, OR

#3253 Jun 16, 2014
(formerly Sybian Princess)
I remember as a kid coming home from school and changing out of my "nice school clothes" I get on my Schwinn girl's Stingray bike and take off riding through the neighborhood to a local city park a couple of miles from the house. I'd buy a snack and soda off the pretzel cart, sit on a park bench by myself watching the afternoon. I'd walk my bike through the trails, as the evening wore on I knew I had to pedal home to be back by the time the streetlights came on, cause that was dinner time. No one reported me missing, no one worried about abduction and molesters. And if I broke too many rules I would get a spanking! And you know what, it wasn't child abuse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Songs with the words Night or Machine in the title (Apr '14) 9 min Doobie Time 81
all songs with the word "don't in their ... (Jan '16) 15 min Doobie Time 157
True False Game (Jun '11) 16 min -TheExam- 16,621
name things that are short 19 min Doobie Time 83
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 4 hr Doobie Time 12,004
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 4 hr Doobie Time 38,012
Change 1 letter game! (Oct '15) 4 hr Doobie Time 477
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 hr Doobie Time 230,084