Rockin' USA ;)

#3211 Jan 25, 2014
Loooved playing... HOPSCOTCH!!

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3212 Jan 26, 2014
home in lincoln county wrote:
no tv , no a c , swimming in the canals, picking fresh fruit off the trees, riding a bike all over s. fl., hurricanes , going to burger king or royal castle was a treat , wqam ( rick shaw ), field trip to sea quarium , good teachers , picking up bottles to cash in , going to the dump to find and build bikes , german bakery , 18 cent a gallon gas at full service , 3 lbs of hamburger for a dollar , coke and candy bar 10 cents , friends long lost and gone from this earth
We must be the same age, except for me, we lived in Miami Springs, FL till i was 8...Without AC, if today's humans can imagine, what that was like?....lol....

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#3213 Jan 26, 2014
Colorado Chick wrote:
Loooved playing... HOPSCOTCH!!
Jump rope and Double Dutch...:)

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#3214 Jan 28, 2014
When I was a kid:
20 acre farm to live off of, 11/2 acre tobacco allotment, 2 cows (1 beef/year), 1 mule, 2 hogs
20 chickens, 2 dogs, rabbit-squirrel-quail-fish-tur tle-=GARDEN= beans-
potatoes-corn-beets-lettuce-st rawberries-rhubarb-sweet potatoes-cabbage-chushaw-cucum bers-canalops-green peppers (mangos)-hot
red peppers-lima beans-
that feed 'us' & the tobacco crop bought the floor, sugar, salt, and other
stables 'we' needed.
Can't forget the 2 'hole' outhouse* with the light bulb hanging down in the center or the cistern with the hand crank pump.
* 1 small hole-one larger>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>you guessed it!

Level 7

Location hidden

#3215 Jan 28, 2014
My grampa's outhouse, up in Michigans piney woods...had Vargas pinups and the big Sears catalog....Monkey Wards too....

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#3216 Jan 28, 2014
Seeing bumper stickers in the past in Ohio that said,

"Woody Hayes Gives Bo Jobs!"

Or "Flush Twice, It's A Long Way To Ann Arbor!"

I'm sure Michigan had the same.

I actually was on Michigan's side this year because of the Evil Michigan State!

I want to go back to the days of Bo and Woody!

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#3217 Jan 28, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
My grampa's outhouse, up in Michigans piney woods...had Vargas pinups and the big Sears catalog....Monkey Wards too....
You are showing your age like me!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3218 Jan 28, 2014
When I was a kid I was raised in a Carnival and ran wild all the carneys :) I cussed like a sailor : )

Level 7

Location hidden

#3219 Jan 28, 2014
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
Seeing bumper stickers in the past in Ohio that said,
"Woody Hayes Gives Bo Jobs!"
Or "Flush Twice, It's A Long Way To Ann Arbor!"
I'm sure Michigan had the same.
I actually was on Michigan's side this year because of the Evil Michigan State!
I want to go back to the days of Bo and Woody!
I want to see Brady Hoke do well....but the clock's a tickin, and we may be attempting to clone Bo soon....lol...That was a better time, mostly just cuz we were younger too....lol...

Level 7

Location hidden

#3220 Jan 28, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
When I was a kid I was raised in a Carnival and ran wild all the carneys :) I cussed like a sailor :)
Wish i could go back to 18, and say no to that first cigarette....

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#3221 Jan 28, 2014
For sure GBF, me too!
The outhouse @ home had layers of cardboard on the walls, that 100 watt
bulb would heat it some in the winter with the door closed, at least it felt like it did-sure was a bright time in my life. Tee Hee

Level 7

Location hidden

#3222 Jan 28, 2014
My Gramps cabin had a big kitchen sink and a handpump for water.....you had to bend backwards, when they shampooed your hair......Or, go to the stream, where the water was like 50 degrees...eek...only got 6-7 TV channels with the rabbit ears....but, we were happier then.....

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#3223 Jan 28, 2014
Never felt/knew love from my parents.They were too busy fighting and doing their own thing..but made sure my son knew I love him..told him and always gave him a hug..Still today...

Level 7

Location hidden

#3224 Jan 28, 2014
honeymylove wrote:
Never felt/knew love from my parents.They were too busy fighting and doing their own thing..but made sure my son knew I love him..told him and always gave him a hug..Still today...
My story was much like that....if you get a chance, try to see an ESPN special, called...The Book of Manning....about how Archie Manning's dad was never very loving and committed suicide, when Archie went to University of Mississippi....and how he raised his sons, Cooper, Peyton and Eli with so much love....if you see it, you'll know....

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#3225 Jan 28, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Wish i could go back to 18, and say no to that first cigarette....
Thanks to my parents...I never liked smoking...all I remember was growing up in that house,with them having that horrible habit...I wanted nothing to do with it...YUCK!!!

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#3226 Jan 29, 2014
Same here Marissa. My parents didn't buy cigs by the carton but the case from where Dad bought gas.
We raised tobacco and I could handle working in it except for stripping it
and that made me sick. So after school I'd help for a while and then I'd go
fix super while they finished for the night.
But college did me in. I roomed with 3 other guys in the basement and they all smoked which kept me from studing and made me sick. They said if I'd just start smoking it wouldn't bother me. 2nd semester
I gave up and did-that was 50 years ago, I figure it's too late to quit now,
that's when all the bad stuff starts happening.
It does allow me to sympathize with drug addicted people, believe me I
understand their problem. My addiction might not give me the 'high' they get but as for the rest there can't be any worse addiction.

“Big Sur”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#3228 Feb 2, 2014
All of my dads side of the family would get together on the holidays, such fun! My dad is the only one left of his brothers and sisters so my cousins and I are planning a surprise 90th. birthday party for him this year. They're all coming to my house, about 60-70 of us!

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3229 May 11, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> We must be the same age, except for me, we lived in Miami Springs, FL till i was 8...Without AC, if today's humans can imagine, what that was like?....lol....
Go Blue sorry for the late response as we wintered out of the country and no net . I too was a child of south fl. carol city in the 50's till 69 . I use to lay awake at night awaiting the ocean breeze to come in to the house to cool it off enough to sleep . almost every night at 10 I could watch the curtains blow up and the cool air in . A much simpler time .

Level 1

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#3230 May 11, 2014
I remember the good old days when you could go the bathroom with out hearing someone's phone go off or someone in the stall next to you dialing someone up to chat.
I think the next time that happens I'm going to have to be very vocal with my deposits.

Seriously people!!! I believe in multitasking but that takes it to a whole new level.:)
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#3231 May 11, 2014
I spent 3 summers working at Spirit Lake lodge (61' 62' 63') a stones throw from the base of Mt. Saint Helens in Washington state. Years later the mountain blew its top on May 18, 1980. It was estimated 300 feet of mud and ash covered the lodge where I'd spent those summers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Strange bedfellows: Jimmy Carter defends Trump 21 min inbred Genius 192
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 32 min Rosa 27,192
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 50 min David0407 6,209
Phrases that you don't hear very often (Nov '11) 55 min Parden Pard 712
What's your tip for the day? (Jul '14) 57 min Parden Pard 2,307
Play "end of the name"... (Jun '15) 1 hr Crazy Jae 2,912
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 1 hr Crazy Jae 49,888
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr Camilla 223,275
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 3 hr Crazy Jae 6,019
More from around the web