“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#3165 Mar 6, 2013
kid from the sixtys wrote:
<quoted text>I remember saving up s&h stamps from sinclair gas station and I got a fire hat and a sinclair dinosour
I think if you filled a booklet with stamps you could get $2.

Anybody else?

Level 1

Since: Feb 10

Orlando, FL

#3166 Mar 6, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>I think if you filled a booklet with stamps you could get $2.

Anybody else?
I don't remember getting money but there was Green Stamp stores in most large towns. We got lawn chairs, small appliances and lots more. You would get one stamp for every dime you spent. Later they came out with a larger stamp which was given for each dollar spent. I still have a book of stamps in my collection.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3167 Mar 6, 2013
pappy72 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't remember getting money but there was Green Stamp stores in most large towns. We got lawn chairs, small appliances and lots more. You would get one stamp for every dime you spent. Later they came out with a larger stamp which was given for each dollar spent. I still have a book of stamps in my collection.
My first wife worked in an S&H Greenstamp store, in Ft. Lauderdale, from 1967-1970, while in highschool.....i remember them as a small store, with some of everything....very popular....i think most got the stamps from shopping at Winn Dixie or Kwik Chek.....

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#3168 Nov 15, 2013
When I was a kid I remember when it snowed in Maine and how my friends and I would grab our sleds and walk a country mile where there was the perfect place to go sledding at. We would literally spend all day sliding down the hill and walking back up to do it again. we would be covered from head to toe in snow and we looked like little snowmen walking across the field that was sparkling from the reflection of the sun which ironically made you feel warm even though you were freezing cold. By the time we got home I t was all we could do to stay awake long enough to eat supper. And when we went to bed we couldn't wait to do it all over again the next day.

“It's that time of year again”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#3169 Nov 15, 2013
After Church every other Sunday, we would take a long drive to the mountains and then to my grandmothers house nearby.

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#3170 Nov 15, 2013
I got hit by a car, as I was riding my bicycle! It was a horrible experience....
Level 3

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#3171 Nov 15, 2013
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length--and there I travel looking, looking breathlessly.
&#8213; Carlos Castaneda, The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge, The Original Teachings

when i was a kid.
60s chic

Bethlehem, PA

#3172 Nov 15, 2013
When I was a kid..it was a great time. Maybe not all of the time, but most of the time. I had no clue about what it would be like to be an adult someday. Life was so simple in those days. Not much of a care in the world and the world was a different place then. I sometimes wish I could go back to it all again, but then I would never have the opportunity of knowing the joys of being an adult and having a husband and family. Just the same, I can never forget the joys of being a child. If it could only be that way for the rest of the children in this world. I remind myself of that everyday. There's always someone somewhere in this world who has had a far worse childhood then I could ever have had.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#3173 Nov 15, 2013
60s chic wrote:
When I was a kid..it was a great time. Maybe not all of the time, but most of the time. I had no clue about what it would be like to be an adult someday. Life was so simple in those days. Not much of a care in the world and the world was a different place then. I sometimes wish I could go back to it all again, but then I would never have the opportunity of knowing the joys of being an adult and having a husband and family. Just the same, I can never forget the joys of being a child. If it could only be that way for the rest of the children in this world. I remind myself of that everyday. There's always someone somewhere in this world who has had a far worse childhood then I could ever have had.
Amen to that..

A lovely sensitive post:

Level 5

Location hidden

#3174 Nov 15, 2013
I enjoyed the mud pies!

“*=* Always Thinking *=*”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#3175 Nov 15, 2013
Was that last year or the year before. LOL

Level 5

Location hidden

#3176 Nov 15, 2013
It was last week!

Since: Nov 13

Maple, Canada

#3177 Nov 15, 2013
That's how life works, it's strange but I accept it.

If you like my opinions please follow me on http://www.opinionoto.com/JordN

“Have A Blessed & Happy”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

<3 Easter <3

#3178 Nov 15, 2013
now H.H. you be nice...you can be I know..I was raised very strict..my parents were very religious and I was the so called pastors daughter even though my dad wasnt a pastor but he did sit in the amen corner..LOL..I never got to wear pants untill I got married..never got to wear makeup..never owned a bathing suit but you know I never missed that stuff..I enjoyed my life as a child.my special moments were the times I sang with my mom as she played the piano..wish I could recall those days again just one more song,one more momment with her..both my parents are now singing in Gods choir and waiting for my return home..cant wait to see and be with them once more..:o)

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#3179 Nov 15, 2013

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3180 Nov 15, 2013
I remember well that at 9-10 years old, my big bike was just like the trusty steed that the cowboys on TV had.....on a bike, i was so independent, i could go anywhere my imagination could create....as long as it was in the neighborhood.....lol....

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#3181 Nov 15, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I remember well that at 9-10 years old, my big bike was just like the trusty steed that the cowboys on TV had.....on a bike, i was so independent, i could go anywhere my imagination could create....as long as it was in the neighborhood.....lol....
talk about true freedom! Nothing felt as good as getting on your bike and riding it around the neighborhood. Isn't it ironic how it made us feel so grown up and yet now we give anything to have that feeling of being a kid once again...even if only for a moment.

“Have A Blessed & Happy”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

<3 Easter <3

#3182 Nov 15, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
For you PH:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =qVh687KcnboXX
Thanks H.H. I really loved that song one of my favorites to sing and did sing in church..that will be a glorious time..I just pray all of my friends here in offbeat are there with me..including you H.H..when you get there look for me for I will be there too..I will likewise look for you..:o) love you big guy!!!

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#3183 Nov 15, 2013
60s chic wrote:
Hi 60s Chic, I agree with you 100%...it was a simple time...many times, we made up our own games. There was always something to do, and we never needed batteries. I wish the kids of today, were as happy now, as we were then.
I must say though, I do like having a husband and the thrill of being a mother. Time moves on...:)

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#3184 Nov 16, 2013
When I was a kid having a dollar in my pocket made me feel rich, now kids don't even know what 1 is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min PointBlankPeriod 155,539
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 48 min mealexwar 159,994
A six word game (Dec '08) 1 hr Trouser Cough 18,229
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 1 hr _FLATLINE-------- 9,673
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 1 hr _FLATLINE-------- 78,598
GMGMike's Bar And Grill (Jan '10) 1 hr onsunday 20,397
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr DondoDork 18,025
Poll Can single Men be friends with Married Women? (Jun '12) 3 hr wichita-rick 267
Word Association (Jun '10) 3 hr Mega Monster 27,036
motorcycle traveling stories 3 hr Gerbil Herder 89
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 6 hr Observer 8,168
More from around the web