Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Putting peanuts in our cherry cokes and playing juke box right from our booth. 5 cents or 6 songs for a quarter.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Remember, when you got gas, they would check your oil, tires and clean your windshield...plus give you a nice glassware or Ginsu knife.....
Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Remember, when you got gas, they would check your oil, tires and clean your windshield...plus give you a nice glassware or Ginsu knife.....
I also remember the S & H stamps they would give you when you got gas. You'd paste them in little booklets, and when you collected enough of them you would go to their spacial store and pick out what you wanted from the shelve or catalogue.
kid from the sixtys

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

skybobbie wrote:
<quoted text>
I also remember the S & H stamps they would give you when you got gas. You'd paste them in little booklets, and when you collected enough of them you would go to their spacial store and pick out what you wanted from the shelve or catalogue.
I remember saving up s&h stamps from sinclair gas station and I got a fire hat and a sinclair dinosour
Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

kid from the sixtys wrote:
<quoted text>I remember saving up s&h stamps from sinclair gas station and I got a fire hat and a sinclair dinosour
I got one of those push-pedal jeeps that I rode all around the neighborhood!(does Sinclair even exist anymore?)
sixtys kid

Hoffman Estates, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

skybobbie wrote:
<quoted text>
I got one of those push-pedal jeeps that I rode all around the neighborhood!(does Sinclair even exist anymore?)
I think arco bought out sinclair a while back.There might be a few stations left in utah.I think our country would be better if it got back to that slower pace life style back then.But they say ya can never go back.
Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

sixtys kid wrote:
<quoted text> I think arco bought out sinclair a while back.There might be a few stations left in utah.I think our country would be better if it got back to that slower pace life style back then.But they say ya can never go back.
..and the world just keeps turning faster! I'm afraid that some day I'm going to be obsolete to my employer. The young "Bucks" are not only moving faster than me, but they think faster too.(Maybe from all of the fast paced games that I can't stand to play on those "smart" phones?! LOL!

Level 1

Since: Feb 10

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

I worked in a grocery store that gave green stamps. A lot of people didn't want them and would give them to me. Made out like a bandit.
sixtys kid

Hoffman Estates, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

skybobbie wrote:
<quoted text>
..and the world just keeps turning faster! I'm afraid that some day I'm going to be obsolete to my employer. The young "Bucks" are not only moving faster than me, but they think faster too.(Maybe from all of the fast paced games that I can't stand to play on those "smart" phones?! LOL!
They may move faster and think faster but at a cost.I think they dont enjoy their work like in the sixtys.We use to build houses and at the end of the day look back at a shell standing there where a pile of lumber once was and felt like we accomplished something with pride.Now days its all quotas and phony dinner meetings and trying to impress eachother.Thats why there are so many divorices today.These last few generations are walking around feeling un fullfilled and hollow inside.
Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

pappy72 wrote:
I worked in a grocery store that gave green stamps. A lot of people didn't want them and would give them to me. Made out like a bandit.
I remember green stamps too.
I was just too young to remember how my Mom got them. I think she was one of those that gave them back!

Level 1

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

skybobbie wrote:
<quoted text>I remember green stamps too.
I was just too young to remember how my Mom got them. I think she was one of those that gave them back!
After awhile we got machines that dispensed them. A real time saver.
Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

pappy72 wrote:
<quoted text>
After awhile we got machines that dispensed them. A real time saver.
Do you remember when McDonalds was take-out only? In our town you ate your burger outside on those hard concrete chairs. There was no inside seating. Burgers were 15 cents.

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

When i was a kid, i played Labyrinth till i mastered it....also Space Invaders, till it would eventually shut itself down.....lol...I loved Labyrinth....

Level 1

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

skybobbie wrote:
<quoted text>Do you remember when McDonalds was take-out only? In our town you ate your burger outside on those hard concrete chairs. There was no inside seating. Burgers were 15 cents.
Yep, had right down the street. Large mike shakes were 25cents and fries a dime. Had red and white tiles and two walk up windows. Down here we have Checkers which are quite reasonable.
Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

pappy72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, had right down the street. Large mike shakes were 25cents and fries a dime. Had red and white tiles and two walk up windows. Down here we have Checkers which are quite reasonable.
We also had a "Q P" (I don't remember the spelling) restaurant that had that "Wendy's " taste long before Wendys. Also had a "White Hut" drive in restaurant where the girls would come out to your car on roller skates wearing skirts!(Even as a kid I remember them girls being sexy!) My Dad had an old 62 Ford Galaxi station wagon, and us kids would sit in the very back and fight!

“Still Waters Run Deep”

Level 6

Since: Sep 11

Waters Edge

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

My mother and father left!

Bummer....huh?

“Mind over Matter”

Level 8

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Dog N Suds Root Beer -- It was so cold and good :)

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Dragon Dreamer wrote:
My mother and father left!
Bummer....huh?
not all memories can be happy ones... Sorry to hear that.

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

ESADAH wrote:
Dog N Suds Root Beer -- It was so cold and good :)
Me too....and the A&W's too.....The thick glass mugs, i still see them at antique malls......Chilidogs, just aren't the same at home.....

“Watching the tide roll in.....”

Level 6

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

No meant no

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,901 - 2,920 of3,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••