Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3123 Feb 21, 2013
I remember Ice Cube Chocolates from when i was a kid...they were outstanding...melted in your mouth.....came wrapped in foil...they were from Germany.....were 2 cents a piece, then a nickel later on....

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#3124 Feb 21, 2013
liam cul8r wrote:
<quoted text>man I can't remember the last time I rode a bicycle, it used to be my whole life. I had a western flyer with the banana seat with the big handle bars and the slick racer back tire.
Western Fyer bike? Man you made me think of a time our neighbor had this new one and he was letting us gals take time riding..This is one one lane dirt road..When it came for me to ride here him and the others was standing at the crossing hands joining to gather like red rover we dare you over..Well I didn't stop.I drove that new bike over the edge,into the ditch filled with big rocks.Never hurt me but sure torn the back fender up.

I like the older bikes better than the ones they have today.

Level 9

Location hidden

#3125 Feb 21, 2013
I had a bike with the springs/sock on the front.The bike was too big for me and I would stand it near the side of the mountain and get on to ride....It was a boy's bike.

Level 7

Location hidden

#3126 Feb 22, 2013
...Western Flyer....

Level 9

Location hidden

#3127 Feb 22, 2013
Yes Western Flyer..I know I spelled it wrong but you knew what I was saying..That's the point.LOL

Level 7

Location hidden

#3128 Feb 22, 2013
honeymylove wrote:
Yes Western Flyer..I know I spelled it wrong but you knew what I was saying..That's the point.LOL
I recall also the Western Auto stores...kinda like a cross between Sears and Pep Boys...lol...

“This is how I see you”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#3129 Feb 23, 2013
We used to make our own kites out of balsa wood and the Sunday comics!

Level 1

Since: Feb 10

Orlando, FL

#3130 Feb 23, 2013
Played lots of Chinese Checkers with my Grandfather.
linda

Reading, PA

#3131 Feb 23, 2013
pappy72 wrote:
Played lots of Chinese Checkers with my Grandfather.
Me too with my grandmother, I still have the board and marbles.
linda

Reading, PA

#3133 Feb 23, 2013
Geno wrote:
<quoted text>I happen to have a board up my butt. Are your marbles rolling around in your skull like mine?
Go Away Troll!!!!!
Lonely Ferret

United States

#3134 Feb 23, 2013
linda wrote:
<quoted text>
Go Away Troll!!!!!
Waaa Waaa Waaa!
linda

Reading, PA

#3135 Feb 23, 2013
Lonely Ferret wrote:
<quoted text>Waaa Waaa Waaa!
Have we met before?

Level 9

Location hidden

#3136 Feb 23, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I recall also the Western Auto stores...kinda like a cross between Sears and Pep Boys...lol...
I remember those Western Auto store too.We use to have one in our town..many moon ago.

Level 7

Location hidden

#3137 Feb 23, 2013
honeymylove wrote:
<quoted text>I remember those Western Auto store too.We use to have one in our town..many moon ago.
I liked when you walked into Kresge and Woolworth and they had the cashews under heatlamps....all salty and roasted and they smelled great.....and they had Hot Fudge Sundaes in Tulip glasses.....,
Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3138 Feb 23, 2013
When I was a kid children had manners and were taught to behave when they were out in public. Parents took control and no one ever saw or heard a child scream or have a fit becaues they wanted some thing and were told no. We would have been spanked on site and gotten more after we got home.
We did not take things we did not work for. We did not disrespect our elders and never raised our voice to our parents.

I miss those days. The world is going to HELL in a hand basket.

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Bronx, NY

#3139 Feb 23, 2013
Nursingmommys5 wrote:
When I was a kid children had manners and were taught to behave when they were out in public. Parents took control and no one ever saw or heard a child scream or have a fit becaues they wanted some thing and were told no. We would have been spanked on site and gotten more after we got home.
We did not take things we did not work for. We did not disrespect our elders and never raised our voice to our parents.
I miss those days. The world is going to HELL in a hand basket.
Haven't you heard? It is politically incorrect...and against the law to discipline you children nowadays...

Level 6

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#3140 Feb 23, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I liked when you walked into Kresge and Woolworth and they had the cashews under heatlamps....all salty and roasted and they smelled great.....and they had Hot Fudge Sundaes in Tulip glasses.....,
Oh the sweet memories of walking into Woolworth on a hot summer day. The cold air,would greet you, we didn't dream of home air conditioning . And then a sundae while going round and round on a stool! A bag of those warm, salty cashews, that was the good old days!

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#3141 Feb 23, 2013
Playing outdoor games until supper time.. those were the days!!

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3143 Mar 2, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
Playing outdoor games until supper time.. those were the days!!
Yes, good times .

Level 1

Since: Feb 10

Orlando, FL

#3144 Mar 2, 2013
Putting peanuts in our cherry cokes and playing juke box right from our booth. 5 cents or 6 songs for a quarter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 3 min Old Sam 6,965
Police: Man in elf costume charged with DWI 3 min beatlesinafog 13
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 4 min Old Sam 7,647
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 5 min Old Sam 275
True or False Game 9 min Old Sam 1,273
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 10 min Old Sam 6,885
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 11 min _hellbilly_ 369
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 23 min -Lea- 25,760
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 41 min SLY WEST 152,574
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 1 hr dragoon70056 2,906