|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Colorado Chick wrote:
We used to ride our bikes everywhere, rarely walked anywhere.
Yes...also there were no warning labels on the bikes and we didn't wear helmets...

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

When i was a kid....seem's like there were more songbirds and Monarch butterflies.....
Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
When i was a kid....seem's like there were more songbirds and Monarch butterflies.....
And it would be true as to the Monarch's there has been a steady decline due to the weather... You do know they migrate as far south as Mexico and parts of Central America...

“"Always Thinking"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
When i was a kid....there were more songbirds and Monarch butterflies.....
no offense 'blue'

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

...my parents didn't bring anything home from the store until it was paid for.
Rex 86

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

When I was a kid ..got a extra hand if u needed it too wipe my ass...lol...--used too Play Rambo in the woods -snow-rain -sleet ..ect.

Level 2

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

I saw more rainbows then.
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

I had the tall wild grassy field before me that my Abuelo would warn, "Snakes." But as I was small and feared nothing when the black cat took my bunnies I quickly jumped into that tall grass after that cat. He fetched me with one strong arm and rattled me to never do it again. But he stood by as I watched the cat tear into my little white fluff. "They have to eat too, it's the way things are," and took me to the beach.

“Be nice”

Level 4

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

I luved to play with silly puddy.

“Be nice”

Level 4

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

QuiteCrazy wrote:
I had the tall wild grassy field before me that my Abuelo would warn, "Snakes." But as I was small and feared nothing when the black cat took my bunnies I quickly jumped into that tall grass after that cat. He fetched me with one strong arm and rattled me to never do it again. But he stood by as I watched the cat tear into my little white fluff. "They have to eat too, it's the way things are," and took me to the beach.
That's sad, but your Abuelo did the right thing to get out of there, snakes are dangerous.

“The golden age is before us, ”

Level 2

Since: Jan 13

not behind us.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

honeymylove wrote:
When I was a kid I didn't really get to be a kid.Had to grow up fast when you have parents who didn't know how to be parents.Too much fighting,drinking and running around.When I say fighting I really mean fighting.Not fussing.Things were destroyed.
Same here :(

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

My childhood was awful but still beats being an adult.

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

When I was a kid...ate lot of pinto beans.
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

When I was in sixth grade he had glasses and was short than me. When I was in seventh I avoided him. Eighth grade he walked my same route home everyday on the opposite side of the street til one day he crossed and began to talk to me. "Why do you hate me so much?" I reminded him. "Punch me then. Will that make you feel better?" I shook my head and continued to walk. He caught up and said, "What? I'm taller than you now and I'll take my glasses off. What chicken?"
I looked at him hard and saw he was serious.
"Why? What's the point now? Just leave me alone."
"Because you'll feel better. Just do it. I can take a hit believe me," he stuck his chin out. "Go ahead, right here," he dropped his school bag and put his hands behind his back. "I owe you or are you just another stupid ..."
So I punched him, hard, my fist sunk so easily into the soft spot between his groin and his belly button he toppled at me feet into a curled ball. "Well?" he barely said it, "Forgive me? Are we friends now?"
I helped him up and ran home the rest of the way. He was right. Strangely enough I did feel better. We talked and walked together for about month as friends. And yes, I did apologize for punching him. He grinned, "It was worth it."

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

General Disarray wrote:
everything was cheaper, more fun & lasted longer
Really, what era? Honestly, believe that with each decade...the prices always seem comparable.. My dad worked two jobs and we still had breakfast for dinner sometimes to S-T-R-E-T-C- H the almighty BUCK!! I will say that, the QUALITY of items purchased WERE made to last.. NOT like the compressed wood furniture we have today...once wet, the layers separate. Give a kid sidewalk chalk and let his imagination soar... Kids nowadays still love to play outdoors.. and play board games. You the parent just need to make time for them..

“Be nice”

Level 4

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

When i was a kid loved to play with my barbie dolls.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

QuiteCrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
And it would be true as to the Monarch's there has been a steady decline due to the weather... You do know they migrate as far south as Mexico and parts of Central America...
A few years ago, I happened to plant some kind of flowering plant that apparently is a food host for Monarchs. I got it for free when I bought some shrubs.

I had literally dozens of chrysali all around the area that summer.

I watched them for weeks as they would suddenly be empty when I went to look. Then one day, I found one split and brown, not green) and I could make out the butterfly inside.

I watched it most of the day and was able to photograph it hatching, the Monarch crawling out, drying it's wings and then flying a short way to a dogwood tree.

Wish I knew what the plant was. It didn't come back the following year. It had pods like a milkweed and trumpet-shaped white flowers.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

When I was a kid I swiped a lot of my brother's toys, until my mother got the picture and stopped buying me girl toys, only took her 5 years, denial perhaps...
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

I liked playing that machine game with the claw and the stuffed animals.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

When i was a kid, my Grama would spend one dollar on a bag with 100 rubber soldiers in it.....that i would play with for weeks....all i needed was a space outside, a mound of sand or a curb, and i could set up WW II...lol....i was a cheap to keep kid.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

148 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 min Barbi 15,518
What makes you smile? (Apr '09) 2 min Ozzie 36
Word Association (Jun '10) 3 min Nfreebird 26,033
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 4 min Nfreebird 76,918
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min honeymylove 141,590
Word Association. (Nov '10) 7 min Nfreebird 16,613
Chain Link Game! (Apr '12) 10 min Nfreebird 6,247
Message to Obama 1 hr Ozzie 695
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 35,057