Cops: Man stole gas from police car

Cops: Man stole gas from police car

There are 34 comments on the www.kxan.com story from Apr 19, 2012, titled Cops: Man stole gas from police car. In it, www.kxan.com reports that:

There it was on Facebook for all to see - Michael Baker with a gas can, a siphon hose stuck into a police cruiser in eastern Kentucky and a middle finger raised.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.kxan.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 11

Dover, DE

#1 Apr 19, 2012
Here's your sign!

“A smile and humor .....”

Level 7

Since: Feb 11

Enhances you ...

#2 Apr 19, 2012
Steev wrote:
Here's your sign!
He probably needs two ...... some people.

Since: Oct 11

Dover, DE

#3 Apr 19, 2012
I wonder if he is still with his girlfriend?
George

Okmulgee, OK

#4 Apr 19, 2012
Steev wrote:
Here's your sign!
and they should make his a large neon sign.

“A smile and humor .....”

Level 7

Since: Feb 11

Enhances you ...

#5 Apr 19, 2012
Their a girl for every loser ...

Spotted Girl

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#6 Apr 19, 2012
How did they find out? It isn't like the cops had much to go on.

Spotted Girl

Level 8

Spotted World

#7 Apr 19, 2012
"Baker told WYMT-TV in Hazard there wasn't much fuel in the car to siphon..."

If I was him, I would have told them that I didn't know how much fuel there was to siphon, since I was only after a photo.
Dr Stinko

Hampton, VA

#8 Apr 19, 2012
Now this is fkn hilarious!
Kinda sorry that anarchistic fkr didn't get away with it.

“Grilled Burgers”

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Jacksonville Florida

#9 Apr 19, 2012
Spotted Girl wrote:
There it was on Facebook for all to see Michael Baker. Your FaceBook account has your name & some people put where they live. So either the girl posted it to her FB or she posted it to his...

They're not the first crooks to be caught by FB...
bailout my duck

Downers Grove, IL

#10 Apr 19, 2012
he paid $45 for the hose $35 for gas can $95 for the taxi

Spotted Girl

Level 8

Spotted World

#11 Apr 19, 2012
deepfried57 wrote:
<quoted text>
There it was on Facebook for all to see Michael Baker. Your FaceBook account has your name & some people put where they live. So either the girl posted it to her FB or she posted it to his...
They're not the first crooks to be caught by FB...
It was a pun. He was stealing fuel, so the cops didn't have much (gasoline) to go on. That is like stealing the police toilet and the cops having nothing to "go" on.

“Jody”

Level 7

Location hidden

#12 Apr 19, 2012
Hard not to but we shouldn't laugh, that's just the sort of disrepectful attitude marking the very kind of citizen first in line to cry an officer disrespected him during his arrest. Once the scenario goes full circle,.. why I'll laugh MAO.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#13 Apr 19, 2012
Spotted Girl wrote:
Your gas is as good as mine.

Level 3

Since: Jan 09

KEEP OUT

#14 Apr 19, 2012
No mention if the officer was taking his daily noon siesta in the car at the time of the crime.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#15 Apr 19, 2012
education at work

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#16 Apr 19, 2012
That's one way NOOOOOT to make a new buddy!!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#17 Apr 19, 2012
tallyho wrote:
education at work
I went to school with a pair of twins who siphoned gas while smoking. You can tell them apart now

Spotted Girl

Level 8

Spotted World

#18 Apr 19, 2012
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I went to school with a pair of twins who siphoned gas while smoking. You can tell them apart now
Or they could have just used a match to see how much was in the tank...

Yes, the most stupid of the fuel thieves and arsonists are easy to find. Just check the burn center closest to the crime.

Spotted Girl

Level 8

Spotted World

#19 Apr 19, 2012
off the trail wrote:
Hard not to but we shouldn't laugh, that's just the sort of disrepectful attitude marking the very kind of citizen first in line to cry an officer disrespected him during his arrest. Once the scenario goes full circle,.. why I'll laugh MAO.
A lot of cops have earned that sort of disrespect over the years. Sadly, it is usually the good cops who lose their lives or get injured in the line of fire on the job. Somewhere, some guys intent on killing a cop staged some trouble and got the cops called on them. A real gentleman came out from what I heard, and he no more than got to the door, these criminal cowards attempted to kill him. They didn't quite succeed, but they put him in a wheelchair for life, and he did nothing to them. I don't remember if they were caught, but I certainly hope so. Yet, whenever cops are brutal or corrupt, that is what they are setting their colleagues up to receive.

One cop I knew who retired early for medical reasons said that he had very little trouble on the force compared to a lot of cops he knew. He wasn't one to be called before the IA on allegation, nobody was plotting to kill him, nor did anyone go out of their way to give him a sucker punch. Why? Because he respected everyone to the extent possible. Once he slapped the cuffs on someone, he didn't keep man-handling them, nor did he slam their head into the police car. If they were in custody, his job with them was done and there was no need to show who was boss or whatever. Sadly, other cops took out their aggression on suspects, and then wondered why they or the department were being sued, why they were fired, or why there were complaints to IA.

Sad but Wiser

“What?”

Level 2

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#20 Apr 19, 2012
Real stupidity is amazing. He stole gas from a patrol car. wow. He gets my vote for the dumbest criminal of the year!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 8 min --IslandGurL-- 150,218
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 18 min Ykcul 76,610
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 19 min unreals_dad 17,003
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 27 min BITTERSWEET GOODBYES 220,622
News DHS chief says arresting parents may quell huma... 30 min USA Today 2
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 39 min Boink face 23,874
Dedicate a song (Jul '08) 46 min BITTERSWEET GOODBYES 16,192
More from around the web