Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#30635 Aug 29, 2014
Adrian DeVine wrote:
<quoted text>
When we were conceived and given life on this earth, no one programmed into our brains how to handle the challenges that life throws at us.
Some of us were lucky enough to have great role models growing up to help us deal with the ups and downs of life and others have had to muffle through it on their own. In the end, I believe how you handle yourself and situations comes down to our personalities, inner strength and our mental health!
With so much hatred and angst going on around the world, itís so important to not be dragged down by it all. Having a positive attitude and being grateful for what we have is so healthy for us.
It contributes to our physical and mental health more than we realise. For as long as Iím privileged enough to breathe oxygen on this earth, I will spend my days showing gratitude and instilling this value to anyone willing to listen.........For itís not what we donít have that defines us, rather Ė what we do!
In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
It is just that we should be grateful, not only to those with whose views we may agree, but also to those who have expressed more superficial views; for these also contributed something, by developing before us the powers of thought.
People travel to wonder at the height of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars; and they pass by themselves without wondering...
Now, let us acknowledge the wonder of our physical incarnationó that we are here, in these particular bodies, at this particular time, in these particular circumstances.
May we never take for granted the gift of our individuality.
Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.
I don't think it's that complicated. I'm agnostic. Pretty sure this is all there is. We are so insignificant in the scheme of time and the universe. So insignificant. So small.

We live. We die. When is all said and done, we should aspire for this:

Treat people as you would like to be treated along the way.

That's my plan, anyway. I'm not looking for the meaning of life. I'm too busy living it and enjoying it, because it's going to be here and gone before I know it.

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#30637 Aug 29, 2014
buck wrote:
<quoted text>
..dont lett him back in yor life spirit honey! He just gonna hurt ya like befo re. Go to church to get yorre life back on track. Find a good man in church. Sex aint the right answer.
Why don't you mind your own business and I'm not looking for 'Sex' with anyone.....

Level 5

Location hidden

#30638 Aug 29, 2014
buck wrote:
<quoted text>
..dont lett him back in yor life spirit honey! He just gonna hurt ya like befo re. Go to church to get yorre life back on track. Find a good man in church. Sex aint the right answer.
Don't call me 'honey' and I happen to love Donald and it's not my fault that he's a womanizer, as sickening as it is!
That's why I don't write much anymore, because there's nothing here for me....If he wants to unzip his drawers at every hat then that's on him!

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#30642 Aug 30, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi.
I'm good.
I was just messin' with him/her. I'm not one of those guys who makes a habit of harassing him/her. I don't really understand that. I figured you might be busy or resting too.
I don't even speak french. I had to use google translate. I hope it didn't mess it up and refer to you as chicken in french or something odd, lol.
I hope you are well and enjoy the weekend. Take care
You did just fine. ;)
Enjoy your weekend as well.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#30643 Aug 30, 2014
Adrian DeVine wrote:
<quoted text>
TLC, the aspects of things that are most important for me are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity.(One is unable to notice something Ėbecause it is always before oneís eyes.) The real foundations of this however do not strike a people at all Ö and this means: that I fail to be struck by what, once seen, is most striking and most powerful.
What primes me to be so oriented Ėand act accordingly Ėis a set of habits or dispositions that are formed in me through affective, somatic means, especially physical practices, routines, or rituals that grab hold of people's hearts through my imagination, which is closely linked to my corporal senses.
I am what I think
I am what I believe
I am what I love.
Peace
~Adrian DeVine.
Very profound.

Have you ever heard of a minimalists or people who are living with the least amount of possessions as is humanly possible? I'm finding it fascinating. Some live in very small houses and some live in large houses with almost nothing in them. Until I watched some of the documentaries I never realized how much STUFF I owned. Why? I've beautiful antiques, books, nicknacks and like everyone else I've a junk drawer of useless things (or two) with parts and pieces to fix something else that is useless if need be.
Too much of my time and thinking is wasted on these things. When I leave my house all I worry about is my STUFF.
I want to go back to a simple life.
I want to go back to thinking about what is important.

Level 5

Location hidden

#30645 Aug 30, 2014
buck wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey baby.. dondle is no good. He just gonna end up lyke that ferguson negro kid Mike Brown. Donald bones married white trash wimmen and is headed for trubble. He also smells like spoiled fish. Remember?
His name is Donald and not dondle! Grow the dern up! I'm tired of you always telling me how many women he's with.....Apparently there's not much left to him then!

“[[[ Always Thinking ]]]”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#30647 Aug 30, 2014
Just caught this on the internet, thought I'd share!
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/08/29/pi...

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#30648 Aug 30, 2014
Adrian DeVine wrote:
<quoted text>TLC, the practitioner of minimalism like yourself is the person who favours a moderate approach to, or who holds minimal expectations for, the achievement of specific goals or programs

To put it simply, the status quo bias means that people choose to do the same things they’ve always done unless there’s a strongly compelling reason to do things differently. For many people, saving a bit of money on each laundry load or striving to make a very low cost but still healthy meal is not a compelling enough reason to do things differently.

The basic human instinct to avoid loss rather than to gain

It¬ís called loss aversion and it¬ís a heavily-known cognitive bias. Again and again, people would rather avoid any kind of loss than gain anything. This is why you see massive stock selloffs whenever the market takes a dip ¬Ė and you see commentators talking apocalyptically during a normal economic down cycle.

You can't live outside of your comfort zone all the time. You need to come back from time to time to process your experiences. The last thing you want is for the new and interesting to quickly become commonplace and boring. This phenomenon, called hedonistic adaptation, is the natural tendency to be impressed by new things only to have the incredible become ordinary after a short time. It's why we can have access to the greatest repository of human knowledge ever created (the internet) at our fingertips (on our smartphones) and still get so bored that all we think of is how quickly we can get newer, faster access. In one way it drives us forward, but in another it keeps us from appreciating the subtle and the everyday.
Ohhhhh. I feel so much better about that poem now. I was like I think someone's gaydar is broken, hahaha.

Yes, very good. Thank you.
Krypteia

Tunbridge Wells, UK

#30649 Aug 30, 2014
I got a cheap circumcision,what a rip off

“Groooovin'”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#30650 Aug 30, 2014
WOW!!

KUDOS to The WEBMASTER!!

Up Close and Personal ADS!!

FLASHY!!

HELL YEAH!!

;)

“Groooovin'”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#30651 Aug 30, 2014
Oooops..NOT Ads .

BUT..FORMAT!!
reno

Huntsville, AL

#30652 Aug 30, 2014
Gotta risk it for the biscuit - my spaniel talullah

“Vintage 1949”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

...lightly salted...

#30653 Aug 30, 2014
Bowling would be so much more fun if they made pins that look like miley cyrus...

“Happy "2015" New Year ”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Be Careful and Safe

#30655 Aug 30, 2014
Being a real man doesn't mean you sleep with 100 girls.
It Means you fight for one girl even when 99 others are chasing you..

“"Give Life Your Best Shot"”

Level 1

Since: Apr 11

Bootheel Missouri

#30656 Aug 31, 2014
Wow Princess Hey - I couldn't agree more! That is exactly what a real man should always do. If she isn't worth fighting for then she isn't worth having.

Level 5

Location hidden

#30657 Aug 31, 2014
Princess Hey wrote:
I wish someone fought for me! I'm just a nothing and I'm tired of hearing about how many women Donald sleeps with.....Every time I hear it, I get physically ill!
I wish someone fought for me and believed in me! I guess only in the movies....

“ Happy New Year”

Level 9

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#30658 Aug 31, 2014
We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But we are not our mistakes, we are not our struggles, and we are here NOW with the power to shape another day and our future. Every single thing that has ever happened in our life is preparing us for a moment that is yet to come in our future !!

Level 5

Location hidden

#30659 Aug 31, 2014
ms_Sweeter wrote:
We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But we are not our mistakes, we are not our struggles, and we are here NOW with the power to shape another day and our future. Every single thing that has ever happened in our life is preparing us for a moment that is yet to come in our future !!
Will you hold me then????

“Hi!”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#30660 Aug 31, 2014
Princess Hey wrote:
Amen Sister!

“"Give Life Your Best Shot"”

Level 1

Since: Apr 11

Bootheel Missouri

#30661 Aug 31, 2014
Is anybody else having problems not seeing a "Reply" button?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min DanFromSmithville 134,417
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min American Werewolves 152,864
Simple things that make you happy, smile, ... etc. (Feb '12) 3 min DondoDork 5,085
Is it possible to....... 4 min Shaddup 606
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 18 min UnderstandPeople 26,017
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 24 min CJ Rocker 1,135
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 27 min Mega Monster 7,806
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 45 min dragoon70056 37,786
Woman Switches Seats on Plane, Spends 3 Days in... 5 hr TALLYHO 8541 28
More from around the web