JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to...
Portland Pizza Roll

United States

#30534 Aug 11, 2014
Yournotgoingtobelievethis wrote:
Clueless people
Hi
taking ones own advice

Smarr, GA

#30535 Aug 11, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ultimately responsible for your happiness. You are ultimately responsible for guarding your happiness. If people hurt you, then you are responsible for recognizing that they are not healthy to be around and you are responsible for distancing yourself. Sometimes you have to do this, and when this is called for you should gladly do so without any regrets or apologies.
If they have abandoned you, they have done you the favor as I see it, because they were never reliable to begin with.
Remember, you are responsible for your happiness. No one else is. It's not the job of anyone else to make you happy. Surround yourself with people who enhance your already existent happiness and exclude those from your life who detract. You are the gate keeper to your happiness.
I thought you quit Topix when you got hurt last week by some comments? Do you have an outreach program located near you? Thats some mighty quick healing.

“Don't worry about me, I"m fine”

Level 5

Since: Aug 13

middle of nowhere

#30536 Aug 11, 2014
taking ones own advice wrote:
<quoted text>I thought you quit Topix when you got hurt last week by some comments? Do you have an outreach program located near you? Thats some mighty quick healing.
Come on people, life is hard enough, can't we all just get along and have a bit of fun????

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#30537 Aug 12, 2014
to "depressed"
for starters - Don't read Topix,
to many will bring u down while pretending to be a "friend"

just saying,

stay in the real world and find help.
u owe that to urself.
good luck.
:]
Adrian DeVine

Australia

#30538 Aug 13, 2014
Nobody 2 Special wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on people, life is hard enough, can't we all just get along and have a bit of fun????
Iíve come to learn recently, or perhaps itís better said Ďrelearnedí that people arenít to be trusted.
Iíve rediscovered that people are not some endless pool of bountiful happiness and fairy-tale happily-ever-after endings.

People are bitter, bitter hedonists at heart. And like drugs theyíll smile and theyíll wink and fool you into thinking that they are what happiness is, but the truth isÖ Or at least in my case, the truth is that real happiness can only come from inside yourself.

Iím starting to think that all those monks spending a lifetime looking for enlightenment and happiness must be right in their own bald and orange-clad way.

I see it as like a state of plateau, where you finally understand that the only person you want to trust, or impress, or love unconditionally or be loved unconditionally by, is yourself. And I think that in most of the extreme moments of happiness youíve ever found yourself in, this is what you feel, or some form of this.

Because being with people you enjoy or being enjoyed by people or travelling or having sex or eating or whatever you fancy as happiness is just a way of making yourself whole, a self-approval based on outside influence or approval.

Because when it comes down to it, long after that person that made you believe that they would be there isnít. Or that guilty pleasure has run itís course and left you with nothing but a little guilt.

One person remains, and although you might have arguments or disagreements from time to time. Or even though they may even insult you or hurt you sometimes, they will always be there at their fullest capacity. Itís your love of yourself, but the only way that you can be together fully, is if you confess your unconditional love for one-another.

The true path to happiness is to rebel against everything in this life that believes that they hold some semblance of control over the state of your happiness and self-love.

I think that in doing this, youíll eventually find a way to light up like a lantern to all the insects of the night. Youíll find those who only wish to bask in your glowing warmth in the dead of night instead of steal it.

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

#30539 Aug 14, 2014
Imma gonna need a very big shovel and chest high waders cuz the bull-shyt just got really deep on this thread!
Adrian DeVine

Australia

#30540 Aug 14, 2014
SLY WEST wrote:
Imma gonna need a very big shovel and chest high waders cuz the bull-shyt just got really deep on this thread!
Never a truer word spoken..........The oxen likewise and the young asses that ear the ground shall eat clean provender, which hath been winnowed with the shovel and with the fan.Ē

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

#30541 Aug 14, 2014
Adrian DeVine wrote:
<quoted text>
Never a truer word spoken..........The oxen likewise and the young asses that ear the ground shall eat clean provender, which hath been winnowed with the shovel and with the fan.Ē
`
Dam dude, don't be trying all that sex talk with me, ya perv. I don't roll like that. Not that there's anything wrong with it (ahem), thats your choice but its not for me!

“Want A Friend, Be One..”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Halloween Coming Soon !!!!

#30543 Aug 15, 2014
if others saw the good in all people there would be alot more happiness in here then meaness..IMO...

“The beard faded...”

Since: May 14

to 62 shades of gray

#30544 Aug 15, 2014
Princess Hey wrote:
if others saw the good in all people there would be alot more happiness in here then meaness..IMO...
It is impossible to see any good in some over the internet.
Especially when all they offer up is turmoil, negativity, and a black heart.

:(

“Smokin' Hot'n'Feelin' Groovy”

Level 9

Since: Apr 12

Been There,Done That,Now What?

#30545 Aug 15, 2014
Snicklefritz,...

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#30546 Aug 16, 2014
WOWZER!!

Stand Up And Take a Bow..WEBMASTER!!

You Have OUTDID Yourself on this Topix Site..I am IMPRESSED!!

ROCK ON CHICK!!

;)

Arkadelphia, AR

#30547 Aug 16, 2014
I have a bratwerst named Charlie.

Arkadelphia, AR

#30548 Aug 16, 2014
My pet rock died.

“Smokin' Hot'n'Feelin' Groovy”

Level 9

Since: Apr 12

Been There,Done That,Now What?

#30549 Aug 16, 2014
I know a VC named Charlie,...
lucy

Trexlertown, PA

#30550 Aug 17, 2014
I just finished trimming my bush.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#30551 Aug 17, 2014
don't order wall art over the internet,
it may not look like u think...

live and learn.
lol
lucy

Trexlertown, PA

#30552 Aug 17, 2014
Now I have to pick up the trimmings.
Too bad

Hickory, NC

#30553 Aug 17, 2014
Love someone...I should not

Spirit67_
Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#30554 Aug 17, 2014
I'm signing off, no one cares about me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 2 min Bovenzi13 5,609
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 2 min whatimeisit 9,526
Write cities alfabetically (tell the country/st... (Sep '11) 4 min Bovenzi13 2,957
Dedicate a song (Jul '08) 9 min Bovenzi13 16,199
The Song Title Game (Jul '10) 18 min Bovenzi13 15,959
A-Z of "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Sep '12) 22 min Mary Jane 1,094
best country song? (May '12) 23 min Bovenzi13 44
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 35 min Roger 224,461
halloween 2017 50 min Curved seven 18
What's your tip for the day? (Jul '14) 3 hr Crazy Jae 2,518
More from around the web