JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to...
Mona_Lisa

Reading, PA

#27621 Aug 29, 2013
Blue_Eye_Gemini wrote:
I just got a phone call and my biopsy is Negative!!!! Yeah yippy yeah!!!!!
At least your Dr. has the decency to call you, mine makes me wait one-week for the test results.
I am happy for you ; )
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#27622 Aug 29, 2013
Bragging and telling lies on the internet make you even more compromised than in reality..

Blue_Eye_Gemini
Level 6

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#27623 Aug 29, 2013
Mona_Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
At least your Dr. has the decency to call you, mine makes me wait one-week for the test results.
I am happy for you ; )
Thank you! I am happy too and hopefully I'll never have to go through that again.

“Whip it, whip it good”

Level 8

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#27624 Aug 29, 2013
Blue_Eye_Gemini wrote:
I just got a phone call and my biopsy is Negative!!!! Yeah yippy yeah!!!!!
Rejoicing for you!

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#27625 Aug 29, 2013
An excerpt from "The Gulag Archipelago" ... on how to resist fascism & tyranny. The lesson that is just as important today as it was half a century ago.
"During an arrest, you think since you are not guilty, how can they arrest you? Why should you run away? And how can you resist right then? After all, you’ll only make your situation worse; you will make it more difficult for them to sort out the mistake.
And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say goodbye to his family?
Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?
The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin’s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! We did not love freedom enough. Every man always has handy a dozen glib little reasons why he is right not to sacrifice himself."
The Gulag Archipelago (Paperback) by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Mona_Lisa

Reading, PA

#27626 Aug 29, 2013
Blue_Eye_Gemini wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you! I am happy too and hopefully I'll never have to go through that again.
I know what u mean !

Location hidden

#27627 Aug 29, 2013
Mona Lisa..........download and use Ccleaner here
It dumps all the cookies and ad on's you get and temporary files with the clik of a mouse button.

Also cleans your registry. Run it and dump the debris from the day before you shut down or when you start up.

Or? Every time your more than 4 hours on the internet.

5 star Editors of Cnet review.........a must have tool

http://download.cnet.com/CCleaner/

“Hong Kong Phooey”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

So Far Out of this World

#27628 Aug 29, 2013
Cat Scratch Fever is real???
Camilla

Los Angeles, CA

#27629 Aug 29, 2013
Stellar
- the gulag, camps - sounds like a
Spa message or facial menu selection.

A day in Leningrad.
Lighten up.
Academy

United States

#27630 Aug 29, 2013
DMAN wrote:
Bragging and telling lies on the internet make you even more compromised than in reality..
really?? Talk to me..
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#27631 Aug 29, 2013
Academy wrote:
<quoted text>really?? Talk to me..
About what? It goes on all the time on topix..

Location hidden

#27632 Aug 29, 2013
oh okay..........stellar lite.

Nero Fiddled while Rome burned?

He is infamously known as the Emperor who "fiddled while Rome burned" and as an early persecutor of Christians. He was known for having captured Christians to burn them in his garden at night for a source of light.

These are 'heavy' times.

King Arthur

Mona_Lisa

Reading, PA

#27633 Aug 29, 2013
StellarKnight wrote:
Mona Lisa..........download and use Ccleaner here
It dumps all the cookies and ad on's you get and temporary files with the clik of a mouse button.
Also cleans your registry. Run it and dump the debris from the day before you shut down or when you start up.
Or? Every time your more than 4 hours on the internet.
5 star Editors of Cnet review.........a must have tool
http://download.cnet.com/CCleaner/
Thanks StellarKnight! I'll check this out. I may have to empty my cache browser too. It is really getting annoying to the point I have to do something now.
Mona_Lisa

Reading, PA

#27634 Aug 29, 2013
ItDoesGetBetter wrote:
Cat Scratch Fever is real???
Maybe that's what my computer got ?

cat scratch fever (also cat scratch disease)
noun
an infectious disease occurring after a scratch by a cat's claw, a splinter, or a thorn. Symptoms include mild fever and inflammation of the injury site and of the lymph glands.

Location hidden

#27635 Aug 29, 2013
Coptic Churches burned amid wave of Violence in Egypt

http://egyptianstreets.com/2013/08/16/coptic-...

Location hidden

#27636 Aug 29, 2013
Mona_Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks StellarKnight! I'll check this out. I may have to empty my cache browser too. It is really getting annoying to the point I have to do something now.
I haven't used an antivirus in 14 months because an anti virus IS A VIRUS!

Microsoft will alert you that this or that web site is not safe and better yet?
I don't GOOGLE anything.

I use Ixquick as my homepage and search engine.

Location hidden

#27637 Aug 29, 2013
I don't want YAHOOTS or MSN in my face when I open my computer for to tell me the latest SNOOZE and mind set of what I should be concerned about.

I begin with what I want to search out in complete privacy with Ixquick the most private search engine in the world.

I might go to yahoo
I might go to the London Telegraph
but where I go and what I want to see I do so in complete privacy..

https://www.ixquick.com/
Mona_Lisa

Reading, PA

#27638 Aug 29, 2013
StellarKnight wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't used an antivirus in 14 months because an anti virus IS A VIRUS!
Microsoft will alert you that this or that web site is not safe and better yet?
I don't GOOGLE anything.
I use Ixquick as my homepage and search engine.
I was always suspicious of those virus protectors, I have one on now. I Google all the time for questions I may have about something or research I am doing, all the time ! I'm addicted to Google !

I'll try lxquick , I never heard of this. I guess I will Google this. One more Google for the road.

Location hidden

#27639 Aug 29, 2013
With the latest NSA got your number news..........you have to be out of your mind to not use Ixquick.

That is a Denmark based server that does not respond to queries built in the navigational systems which ask .." who is requesting access to this web site."
It comes up BLANK
Mona_Lisa

Reading, PA

#27640 Aug 29, 2013
StellarKnight wrote:
Coptic Churches burned amid wave of Violence in Egypt
http://egyptianstreets.com/2013/08/16/coptic-...
I'll read up on this tomorrow, I am tired from checking out Syria news. What the hec ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 min Northbound 58,242
Word association (Jun '07) 2 min Dont_You_Dare 4,830
Play "end of the word" (Nov '08) 3 min Bezeer 25,462
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min One way or another 201,788
Word Association. (Nov '10) 3 min Bezeer 19,337
Word Association (Mar '10) 5 min Bezeer 20,688
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 11 min Bezeer 18,532
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 45 min Northbound 194,814
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 2 hr Lucy the First 7,901
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 3 hr Northbound 8,540