Comments
23,161 - 23,180 of 28,498 Comments Last updated 41 min ago

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#24669 Jan 4, 2013
Our new puppy is so cute ! He is curled up next to me sleeping. Making sounds like he's dreaming and snores on I occasion. That's what I'm thinking .

“Im Your Friend”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Always Will Be

#24670 Jan 4, 2013
ahhh puppies are all so cute...!!!!
Anonymous

Brisbane, Australia

#24671 Jan 4, 2013
Ashton Kutcher cheated on his wife of seven years and continued to be the star of a sitcom and had virtually no repercussions towards his career whatsoever

Sean Penn abused his wife and went on to win an academy award and a golden globe (he also said people who called hugo chávez a dictator should be arrested but idek what he was on when he said that so)

Charlie Sheen hired numerous prostitutes, shot his fiancee, verbally threatened his second wife, and in the same year that his children were taken away from him announced that he was going on a nationwide tour which sold out within 18 minutes...

However......

Kristen Stewart cheated on her boyfriend and was ridiculed for six straight months and labelled a slut/whore/bitch/home wrecker by the general public even after releasing a statement and apologizing for her actions and was forced to drop out of multiple projects

Double Standards ?

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#24672 Jan 4, 2013
Looks like it is. My buddy, on the other hand, was named "Cheater Of The Year" for the past two years in a row.

I guess that makes him the official two-time champion.

“Im Your Friend”

Level 9

Always Will Be

#24673 Jan 4, 2013
lets all pat him on the back for a job well done..LOL..

“Gone in 16 seconds”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

Santa Barbara, CA

#24674 Jan 4, 2013
I'm not stalking this girl, I just follow her around town and then back to her house. You know, just to make sure there aren't any weirdos back there waiting for her.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#24675 Jan 4, 2013
II'S FRIDAY NIGHT!!! Where's the PARTY...Chicks and Dudes???
Anonymous

Brisbane, Australia

#24676 Jan 5, 2013
At once intimate and detached, passionate and calculated, love letters have been for centuries a key weapon in the arsenal of lovers.

In The Seducer’s Diary, Soren Kierkegaard draws a distinction between the ‘living word’ of speech and the ‘dead word’ of a letter, arguing that both are vital in creating the perfect romance. In a letter, he writes, one can throw oneself at a woman’s feet without shame, while in real life such an act would only provoke laughter.

Moreover, the distance of a letter allows the idealization of the lover to remain intact: love letters are free of the physical imperfections that can break the spell in a face-to-face conversation. A love letter can be folded and kept in a breast pocket or treasured in a hidden drawer. It provides tangible, enduring evidence of an often all-too-fleeting emotion.

Today, unless I am dating entirely the wrong kind of girl, the art of the love letter has fallen into disuse. It seems anachronistic – why take the time to write on paper how you feel when it takes mere seconds to call up the object of your affections? For those who find it difficult to open up in person, instant messaging and email are electronic alternatives.

But in the service of convenience lovers have sacrificed so much of what makes romance beautiful: the anxiety of waiting, the authenticity of personal communication and above all the aesthetic impact of an actual letter.

Restricting written declarations of love to an electronic medium means that they are read by the dead light of a screen, in the same font and in the same place that your lover deals with the most mundane daily tasks. There is something romantically unsatisfying about a heartfelt email; the term itself seems contradictory.

How much more beautiful would the same words be on actual paper, dappled with shadow from an overhanging tree, or read by torchlight underneath a blanket?

This is not to say that technology can offer nothing to romance. Electronic messages provide useful shades between Kierkegaard’s ‘living’ and ‘dead’ forms of communication. Instant messaging is as immediate as speech yet as detached as a letter. Emails, like letters, can be composed with care, and unlike letters they are convenient for casual conversations.

However, consider that the object of your affections might appreciate a physical letter from time to time. I know I do.

~DeVine.

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#24677 Jan 5, 2013
Where is Bones?

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#24678 Jan 5, 2013
Went out for dinner and they burned the food.I could had hubby do that.
Sweetie-Pie

Hollywood, FL

#24679 Jan 5, 2013
Brigitte and Rosa left Offbeat at the same time

Another One Bites The Dust

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

TopMod21 wrote:
<quoted text>

Why do you even use Topix? I can't for the life of me understand that. It's obvious you're not happy here.

TM 21

Sweetie-Pie wrote:

You're a dumbazz and ask dumbazz questions.

Report this post

Wildbluerose wrote:
<quotedtext>

Geeeeee and no one even missed them....
Wonder why?
@}-'--,---

Sweetie-Pie wrote:

You, too, are a dumbazz and ask dumbazz questions.

Report this post
Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Seasons Change

#24680 Jan 5, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

justaguess wrote:
<quotedtext>

Yoda says..."Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you."

:::

You are pathetic

Get better Soon

~Pie

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#24681 Jan 5, 2013
Wow...someone is having an obsessive moment...

perhaps another quote would help...ya know...anything to ease the pain..

Yoda says..."So certain are you. Always with you what cannot be done. Hear you nothing that I say?"

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#24682 Jan 5, 2013
Wishing we had some ice cream in the freezer.

“Gone in 16 seconds”

Level 6

Santa Barbara, CA

#24683 Jan 5, 2013
Hello HML...
I didn't bite the dust. New name and live in a new house. Hope you had a kickass start to the new year

“Gone in 16 seconds”

Level 6

Santa Barbara, CA

#24684 Jan 5, 2013
Coming home after traveling overseas makes me appreciate what i have just that little bit more.
Donzie

Hopkinsville, KY

#24685 Jan 6, 2013
This is my first time posting on here. Let me say I feel a little .....shy

“Colleges Search Engine ”

Level 8

www.schoolanduniversity.com

#24686 Jan 6, 2013
I am waiting for proping.

Level 8

Location hidden

#24687 Jan 6, 2013
Donzie wrote:
This is my first time posting on here. Let me say I feel a little .....shy
Don't be shy. Sign up, sign in, and sign on. If you don't like it after a couple of months you can always leave. No harm, no foul, eh?

Level 8

Location hidden

#24688 Jan 6, 2013
While reading about the guy who got a hand transplant, I suddenly realized that something didn't add up. After doing a little bit of simple math I finally figured it out.

Someone is still missing a hand.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min Old Sam 145,181
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 min Jimmy Fallon 18,588
What's your tip for the day? 10 min honeymylove 804
I cyber ice-bucket challenge ...in recognition ... 11 min SLY WEST 7
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 13 min Chilli J 1,838
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 15 min Gillette 115,224
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 17 min CJ Rocker 25,822
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 1 hr Bill 236
Fergson Police Dept. 2 hr CNN Don Queer Lemon 364
•••