for
six
eternities

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#24628 Jan 1, 2013
OMG!!! WHAT FREAKIN' Gooood Time I had with ALL Offbeat ROCKERS bringing in the New Year 2013..
Laughter, giggles and home grown ye has FUN!! You all sure know how to party... Soooo, but I Totally must say That I have enjoyed posting with ya all..BUT the REAL WORKD...has first dibs on my leisure time nowadays.. NOT so much really.. working on a Cruise Ship...YEAH, YOU HEARD RIGHT...maybe I'll see ya when ya book.. So ROCK ON.. ROCKERS.. May 2013 bring you Peace, Love and Happiness..Oh and if ya see ENZO..tell him..APRIL FOOL'S.. for me..like he would totally be MY TOPIX Crush..GET FREAKIN' REAL!!

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#24629 Jan 1, 2013
Ye has..fun..and WORLD..as in REAL WORLD..

“http://www.stude ntshelp.info”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

http://www.studentshelp.info

#24630 Jan 1, 2013
Great fun.......Enjoying new year

Level 4

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#24631 Jan 1, 2013
2013...WooHoo!!!

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#24632 Jan 1, 2013
A peach is a peach
A plum is a plum
But a kiss ain't a kiss
Without some tongue

So open your mouth
And close your eyes
Let's give your tongue
Some exercise

“You think so?”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#24633 Jan 1, 2013
The "Jokester" is also a poet
what are all his talents
you reck'n he knows it?
Hoof Arted is so gallent

Him and Mr. Ed would get along
they could both sing a song
all about the glorious past
when they were on grass.

Good Morning Hoof Arted!

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#24634 Jan 1, 2013
OH My! I haven't had one like that for some time.

Level 8

Location hidden

#24635 Jan 1, 2013
Me neither. In fact I don't think I've heard anything quite like that ever.

G'morning HH and HML. Happy New Year's Day!

Level 8

Location hidden

#24636 Jan 1, 2013
The guy who first sold a pair of sunglasses to a blind guy must have been one hell of a salesman.

“You think so?”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#24637 Jan 1, 2013
*=*'i' guess "WE'LL" find out in time?*=*
Not in time-in time
Not soon enough to save ourselves-but later...

Level 8

Location hidden

#24638 Jan 1, 2013
Is CSI just the adult version of Scooby Doo?

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#24639 Jan 1, 2013
Suicide is illegal and punishable by death.
Vio-Lets Talk

Hollywood, FL

#24640 Jan 1, 2013
Happy New Year to all my smartass Offbeat friends!

out at the store, the young cashier suggested to the older woman, that she should bring her own grocery bags because plastic bags weren't good for the environment.
The woman apologized and explained, "We didn't have this green thing back in my earlier days."
The young clerk responded, "That's our problem today. Your generation did not care enough to save our environment f or future generations."
She was right -- our generation didn't have the green thing in its day.
Back then, we returned milk bottles, soda bottles and beer bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilized and refilled, so it could use the same bottles over and over. So they really were truely recycled.
But we didn't have the green thing back in our day.
Grocery stores bagged our groceries in brown paper bags, that we reused for numerous things, most memorable besides household garbage bags, was the use of brown paper bags as book covers for our schoolbooks. This was to ensure that public property,(the books provided for our use by the school) was not defaced by our scribblings. Then we were able to personalize our books on the brown paper bags.
But too bad we didn't do the green thing back then.
We walked up stairs, because we didn't have an escalator in every store and office building. We walked to the grocery store and didn't climb into a 300-horsepower machine every time we had to go two blocks.
But she was right. We didn't have the green thing in our day.
Back then, we washed the baby's diapers because we didn't have the throwaway kind. We dried clothes on a line, not in an energy-gobbling machine burning up 220 volts -- wind and solar power really did dry our clothes back in our early days. Kids got hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new clothing.
But that young lady is right; we didn't have the green thing back in our day.
Back then, we had one TV, or radio, in the house -- not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen the size of a handkerchief (remember them?), not a screen the size of the state of Montana. In the kitchen, we blended and stirred by hand because we didn't have electric machines to do everything for us. When we packaged a fragile item to send in the mail, we used wadded up old newspapers to cushion it, not Styrofoam or plastic bubble wrap. Back then, we didn't fire up an engine and burn gasoline just to cut the lawn. We used a push mower that ran on human power. We exercised by working so we didn't need to go to a health club to run on treadmills that operate on electricity.
But she's right; we didn't have the green thing back then.
We drank from a fountain when we were thirsty instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time we had a drink of water. We refilled writing pens with ink instead of buying a new pen, and we replaced the razor blades in a razor instead of throwing away the whole razor just because the blade got dull.
But we didn't have the green thing back then.
Back then, people took the streetcar or a bus and kids rode their bikes to school or walked instead of turning their moms into a 24-hour taxi service. We had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances. And we didn't need a computerized gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 23,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest burger joint.
But isn't it sad the current generation laments how wasteful we old folks were just because we didn't have the green thing back then?

Please forward this on to another selfish old person who needs a lesson in conservation from a smartass young person....

Level 8

Location hidden

#24641 Jan 1, 2013
I woke up this morning in my own bed. The sheets were dry and there wasn't a bucket sitting on the floor next to me. I hopped out of bed, made coffee and read this morning's paper. I even had full memory of everything I did before I went to bed.

Man, I was so sober last night.
Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#24642 Jan 1, 2013
A man's grey blue sweater, simultaneously reminiscient of steel and stormy weather, beguiling with peaceful tranquility.

Level 8

Location hidden

#24643 Jan 1, 2013
My neighbor was sure surprised this morning when he looked out the windows and saw it was still 2012.

We had taken photo's of his yard, had them enlarged and taped them to the outside of all his windows.

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#24644 Jan 1, 2013
Hoof Arted wrote:
Me neither. In fact I don't think I've heard anything quite like that ever.
G'morning HH and HML. Happy New Year's Day!
Good Afternoon H A....Happy New Year!!

A good slobber in great at times.lol

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#24645 Jan 1, 2013
HNY
Anonymous

Brisbane, Australia

#24647 Jan 1, 2013
modesty’s brevity
the toxicity of necessity
bungee jumping from the edge
of oddity’s preciosity
elasticity of eccentricity
with the complicity of publicity,
best known hairstylist being
static electricity –
modernity’s eternity,
courtesy to snobbery’s finicality,
ever-growing fertility
of the holy stupidity,
and beyond the statistics
of natality’s morbidity,
we daily witness the gloriously civilized
decay of humanity....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 3 min Hoosier Hillbilly 25,962
Last Word - Spelled Out G*A*M*E 4 min SimplyLoveYou 56
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 5 min whatimeisit 6,641
A Look At American Jihadis: Why Do They Fight? 6 min Hoosier Hillbilly 5
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min wichita-rick 147,209
last word - first (Jun '12) 13 min Hoosier Hillbilly 6,946
'Hoosier Hillbilly' or 'Barack Obama' Who'd Be... 13 min Grace Nerissa 28
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 33 min Grace Nerissa 36,493
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr Nikola Tesla 20,520
Cop Car Slams Into Dunkin' Donuts 2 hr wichita-rick 6
What Could Be Sweet,...? 3 hr SLY WEST 39
•••

Weird People Search