paul ryan's proposed budget cut
Posted in the Weird Forum
“*=* Always Thinking *=*”
Since: Nov 12
#1 Feb 12, 2013
A List of Republican Budget Cuts
Notice S.S. and the military are NOT on this list.
These are all the programs that the new Republican House has proposed cutting. Read to the end.
* Corporation for Public Broadcasting Subsidy --$445 million annual savings.
* Save America’s Treasures Program --$25 million annual savings.
* International Fund for Ireland --$17 million annual savings.
* Legal Services Corporation --$420 million annual savings.
* National Endowment for the Arts --$167.5 million annual savings.
* National Endowment for the Humanities --$167.5 million annual savings.
* Hope VI Program --$250 million annual savings.
* Amtrak Subsidies --$1.565 billion annual savings.
* Eliminate duplicating education programs -- H.R. 2274 (in last Congress), authored by Rep. McKeon, eliminates 68 at a savings of $1.3 billion annually.
* U.S. Tra de Development Agency --$55 million annual savings.
* Woodrow Wilson Center Subsidy --$20 million annual savings.
* Cut in half funding for congressional printing and binding --$47 million annual savings.
* John C. Stennis Center Subsidy --$430,000 annual savings.
* Community Development Fund --$4.5 billion annual savings.
* Heritage Area Grants and Statutory Aid --$24 million annual savings.
* Cut Federal Travel Budget in Half --$7.5 billion annual savings
* Trim Federal Vehicle Budget by 20%--$600 million annual savings.
* Essential Air Service --$150 million annual savings.
* Technology Innovation Program --$70 million annual savings.
* Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) Program --$125 million annual savings..
* Department of Energy Grants to States for Weatherization --$530 million annual savings.
* Beach Replenishment --$95 million annual savings.
* New Starts Transit --$2 billion annual savings. < /o:p>
* Exchange Programs for Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, and Their Historical Trading Partners in Massachusetts --$9 million annual savings
* Intercity and High Speed Rail Grants --$2.5 billion annual savings.
* Title X Family Planning --$318 million annual savings.
* Appalachian Regional Commission --$76 million annual savings.
* Economic Development Administration --$293 million annual savings.
* Programs under the National and Community Services Act --$1.15 billion annual savings.
* Applied Research at Department of Energy --$1.27 billion annual savings.
* Freedom CAR and Fuel Partnership --$200 million annual savings.
* Energy Star Program --$52 million annual savings.
* Economic Assistance to Egypt --$250 million annually.
* U.S. Agency for International Development --$1.39 billion annual savings.
* General Assistance to District of Columbia --$210 million annual savings.
* Subsidy for Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority --$150 million annual savings.
* Presidential Campaign Fund --$775 million savings over ten years.
* No funding for federal office space acquisition --$864 million annual savings.
“*=* Always Thinking *=*”
Since: Nov 12
#2 Feb 12, 2013
* End prohibitions on competitive sourcing of government services.
* Repeal the Davis-Bacon Act -- More than $1 billion annually.
* IRS Direct Deposit: Require the IRS to deposit fees for some services it offers (such as processing payment plans for taxpayers) to the Treasury, instead of allowing it to remain as part of its budget --$1.8 billion savings over ten years.
* Require collection of unpaid taxes by federal employees --$1 billion total savings. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ABOUT?
* Prohibit taxpayer funded union activities by federal employees --$1.2 billion savings over ten years.
* Sell excess federal properties the government does not make use of --$15 billion total savings.
* Eliminate death gratuity for Members of Congress. WHAT???
* Eliminate Mohair Subsidies --$1 million annual savings.
* Eliminate taxpayer subsidies to the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change --$12.5 million annual savings WELL ISN'T THAT SPECIAL
* Eliminate Market Access Program --$200 million annual savings.
* USDA Sugar Program --$14 million annual savings.
* Subsidy to Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)--$93 million annual savings.
* Eliminate the National Organic Certification Cost-Share Program --$56.2 million annual savings.
* Eliminate fund for Obamacare administrative costs--$900 million savings.
* Ready to Learn TV Program --$27 million savings.
* HUD Ph.D. Program.
* Deficit Reduction Check-Off Act.
*TOTAL SAVINGS:$2.5 Trillion over Ten Years
My question is, what is all this doing in the budget in the first place?
Maybe this is why they are attacking Paul Ryan.
Add your comments below
|Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08)||2 min||DILF||56,575|
|Word Association 2 (Sep '13)||2 min||DILF||10,694|
|motorcycle traveling stories||2 min||Mega Monster||622|
|Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09)||3 min||Hoosier Hillbilly||31,773|
|Manure trade show's slogan contest produces pil...||3 min||DILF||8|
|Bra bandit strikes northeast Pennsylvania store...||8 min||DILF||4|
|Russia's viewpoint||8 min||Hoosier Hillbilly||1|
|The trooper fired at the motorcycle, and then d...||20 min||Mega Monster||77|
|Denny Crain's Place (May '10)||28 min||Stupid Bill||18,183|
|2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only:||29 min||DILF||66|
|What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08)||1 hr||Stupid Roy||161,336|
Find what you want!
Search Weird Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC