abuse by la verne police department

Posted in the Weird Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Concerned

Pacoima, CA

#1 Jan 5, 2009
I recently had a very alarming experience with La Verne Police Department. They were abusive and dishonest in their so called investigation. Several Officers out right lied and used procedures that are shady at best. I spoke with several other La Verne residents and I was shocked to find that La Verne has made it a habit to attack and harass its citizens.
Has anyone else experienced such a situation?
steve

Honolulu, HI

#3 Jan 5, 2009
Concerned wrote:
I recently had a very alarming experience with La Verne Police Department. They were abusive and dishonest in their so called investigation. Several Officers out right lied and used procedures that are shady at best. I spoke with several other La Verne residents and I was shocked to find that La Verne has made it a habit to attack and harass its citizens.
I have lived in La verne all my life and La Verne P D is great. I think you got in trouble and didnt like it.
HB Local

“Take it and own it, again.”

Level 4

Since: Apr 07

Huntington Beach "Surf City"

#4 Jan 5, 2009
Goes with the Area code.... 909
amstudent

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Jan 21, 2009
oh they are awful human beings. "I think you got in trouble and didn't like it" that is naive response. I just had the worse experience of my life with La verne police officers and I did absolutely um... NOTHING!!!!!!!! They seriously harassed me. It is sad because, there is nothing to do, you cannot not report, because they are all friends and dishonest. They get off on power and intimidation. They are sexist. I did not even get a ticket but I almost would have rather a ticket then to be verbally assaulted and humiliated for an hour. I am depressed and psychologically drained from my experience with them.
gloria

Anaheim, CA

#6 Jan 21, 2009
For that matter, La Verne PD is no different than any other PD. There are always those that abuse their power.

La Verne is a very beautiful city, in my opinion.Love all the old houses and streets lined with big, old trees.
gloria

Anaheim, CA

#7 Jan 21, 2009
Concerned wrote:
Business as usual. It goes along with the job..........

Rebecca Goodwin

“He went belly up!”

Level 1

Since: Apr 08

Dont credit yourself so highly

#8 Jan 21, 2009
gloria wrote:
For that matter, La Verne PD is no different than any other PD. There are always those that abuse their power.
La Verne is a very beautiful city, in my opinion.Love all the old houses and streets lined with big, old trees.
Conyers/Covington area is the same way. Beautiful, with the "good ole boys" police departments, county/city and state.
Blah!
gloria

Anaheim, CA

#9 Jan 21, 2009
Rebecca Goodwin wrote:
<quoted text>
Conyers/Covington area is the same way. Beautiful, with the "good ole boys" police departments, county/city and state.
Blah!
Unfortunately, it is a very common, everyday occurrence.Guess the power trip goes to their heads..........

“Truth, Justice”

Since: Dec 07

and the American Way

#10 Jan 21, 2009
It's that damn Lenny and Squiggy.
la verne citizen

Brea, CA

#11 May 26, 2009
The cops in La Verne are great. If you weren't doing something wrong then you wouldn't have been "harassed" as you so call it. If you don't like it, drive around the city and don't visit our beautiful city! Thanks La Verne PD for all you do and for keeping us safe.
paul

Ludington, MI

#12 May 26, 2009
steve wrote:
<quoted text>I have lived in La verne all my life and La Verne P D is great. I think you got in trouble and didnt like it.
cop
paul

Ludington, MI

#13 May 26, 2009
la verne citizen wrote:
The cops in La Verne are great. If you weren't doing something wrong then you wouldn't have been "harassed" as you so call it. If you don't like it, drive around the city and don't visit our beautiful city! Thanks La Verne PD for all you do and for keeping us safe.
nother cop
gloria

Fremont, CA

#14 May 27, 2009
Concerned wrote:
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. La Verne cops aren't the only ones who abuse and harass citizens.It's a wide spread problem.Sorry you went through that. These cops are like gangs, they have their territories and if they don't like you, you are going to suffer for it.
la verne citizen

Brea, CA

#15 Jun 18, 2009
no paul. It's actually your mom. Get off the computer and do your homework.
Cynric

United States

#16 Oct 6, 2009
Its a fine line these guys deal with... I think they try their hardest to serve the community...If they just sit around and eat donuts..or hang out at starbucks, most all you would complain about it RIGHT??? Well then if they pull you over then you also complain...You should ask about doing a ride along with a police officer to get a better understanding of why they do the things they do. For example: if an officer asks you if you are on probation or parole you would get pissed off, RIGHT? Well did you know that if you were on probation or parole and you said,"NO" that alone is a violation of your probation or parole...Therefore, how is a police officer supposed to know who is on probation or parole. You would be VERY surprised to know who is on probation or parole. I would be willing to take a bet that someone you know is ON or HAS been on probation or parole and you have no ideal. So when a police officer asks you this question, he is doing his job, looking for people that have or are making wrong choices. The fact is that its very hard to strainghten out once you have taken the wrong path. people on probation or parole are the one who will most likely rob you or break into your home while you sleep. Just food for thought. Think of the type of job you do and why you do it a certain way. They may seem rude, but usually those one are the one who don't care who you are, no special treatment, because you may be someone or have a little social status. Anyways, don't hate...
jane

Chino Hills, CA

#17 Nov 25, 2009
you need to file a formal complaint and make a copy of it before you leave it at the LVPD. Then file a complaint with Internal Affairs, then fax your complaints over to the San Gabriel Valley Tribune who are investigating the LVPD for the same sort of complaint you have. You are not the only one with the same concerns re the same station. get it done because I'm working on cleaning house over there!!!
Concerned wrote:
also a victim of LVPD

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Jan 6, 2010
jane wrote:
you need to file a formal complaint and make a copy of it before you leave it at the LVPD. Then file a complaint with Internal Affairs, then fax your complaints over to the San Gabriel Valley Tribune who are investigating the LVPD for the same sort of complaint you have. You are not the only one with the same concerns re the same station. get it done because I'm working on cleaning house over there!!!
<quoted text>
I was also a victim of abuse, and false reporting by Laverne Police Department. I tried to put in a complaint but was told that I had to come to the station and meet with the same person who was apart of the complaint.
also a victim of LVPD

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Jan 6, 2010
I am an up standing citizen with no criminal history. Laverne Police Department abused there powers and violated many civil and state laws. It was a horrible experience for me and changed my life and the way I think about Police.
gloria

Placentia, CA

#20 Jan 6, 2010
They just don't stop......
Nameless

San Dimas, CA

#21 Feb 5, 2010
Concerned wrote:
I agree with the harrassement....I'm a police officer in a big city with real criminals....I never treat people as bad as LVPD does...what a bunch of A-holes they are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's one thing you appreciate in your life? 2 min Lifelover 24
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 7 min Huckleberry 74,409
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 9 min unreals_dad 16,563
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 10 min unreals_dad 6,571
2words into 2new words (May '12) 20 min rainmaker2016 8,026
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 21 min rainmaker2016 7,593
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 22 min Lifelover 2,333
What Is Your DREAM JOB? 30 min Lifelover 67
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 50 min Charlie 215,511
A to Z songs by title or group! 1 hr Camilla 1,595