What do you think about bullying online?

What do you think about bullying online?

Posted in the Weird Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#1 Oct 9, 2011
Forget about which side you may support with the fighting back and forth.

What do you really think about the mean comments posted about anyone?

I personally wish it would stop...So I am taking a stand here to say I don't support either side.

If your saying something mean to someone you are wrong! No exceptions!

“I care more about my character”

Level 7

Since: Jun 11

...... then my reputation

#2 Oct 9, 2011
You are absolutely right Chatty.
I know I'm not right to banter back and forth like I do, so I'll try and be better.

<you have no idea how hard this will be>

*hugs and chocolate to you*
Krypteia

Brighton, UK

#3 Oct 9, 2011
I got one of them anti bulling wrist bands i stole it of a short fat ginger poof..

LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

“it's just craic”

Level 6

Since: Jan 09

United States

#4 Oct 9, 2011
"If your saying something mean to someone you are wrong! No exceptions!"

I find that statement mean spirited.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#5 Oct 9, 2011
Chatty Kathy wrote:
I personally wish it would stop...So I am taking a stand here to say I don't support either side.
What is the point in trying to hurt someone you may disagree with. Nasty comments say more about you than the person they are directed at ;)

“Cogito ergo sum!”

Level 4

Since: Jul 11

Mountains

#6 Oct 9, 2011
Chatty Kathy wrote:
True that Count me in, brain excerise it is trying to be facetious w/ out being mean...I can do it.
The mean posters rise the blood pressure it ain't no goog..oops, good 4 no 1.
Personally I am here to have fun...that is about all.
Chatty Cathy was a great doll, she had a great laugh, I still remember it!! Thanks 4 a neat thread CK.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#7 Oct 9, 2011
It's just Sam being Sam. No big deal.

“Just me.......”

Level 8

Location hidden

#8 Oct 9, 2011
I don't think bullying of any kind is right. If you don't like someone or what they think, just avoid them. I try to treat everyone the way I want to be treated and if someone treats me bad, I try to stay away from them.

“IT'S a Scream!”

Level 6

Since: Oct 09

Rville

#9 Oct 9, 2011
Countess Facetious wrote:
<quoted text>True that Count me in, brain excerise it is trying to be facetious w/ out being mean...I can do it.
Chatty Cathy was a great doll, she had a great laugh, I still remember it!! Thanks 4 a neat thread CK.
True.
True some do have better days than others as well.
True.
True....her records were about 4in. wide, she said MaMa & I'm hungry too, Probably liked chocolate.
Soon 2 b 3 yrs. on here & I remember less than 1/2 doz. times being dissed, so it was. Thank You Today Soldier's, Warriors & Friends.

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#10 Oct 9, 2011
Beautiful Black Molly wrote:
You are absolutely right Chatty.
I know I'm not right to banter back and forth like I do, so I'll try and be better.
*hugs and chocolate to you*
Hey Bex, I am having the same trouble as everyone else which is not allowing the meaniness to make me say something mean back. But it is really hard because its natural instinct to want to protect your friends and stick up for them. I have done it myself and still do at times when my Irish gets the better of me.

I don't know if I can do this either but going to try very hard to respond but not be mean about it. I still plan to stick up for who are my friends but without saying something mean to the person who said it. I also don't have all the answers so I am hoping others who post will share how they feel it should be handled. Hugs to you!!

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#11 Oct 9, 2011
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
"If your saying something mean to someone you are wrong! No exceptions!"
I find that statement mean spirited.
I will take this as my first test...not sure how to take your post..did you say this to see if I would say something mean? Or do you really feel that statement is mean spirited.

I will take your post sincerely and ask why you feel the statement was mean spirited.

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#12 Oct 9, 2011
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>What is the point in trying to hurt someone you may disagree with. Nasty comments say more about you than the person they are directed at ;)
Denny I don't know how you have done such a good job but I haven't seen you react mean to anyone attacking you. I do admire that!hugs

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#13 Oct 9, 2011
Countess Facetious wrote:
<quoted text>True that Count me in, brain excerise it is trying to be facetious w/ out being mean...I can do it.
Hi CF, thanks for posting. I am hoping to read more about how people feel about it and how they see is the best way to respond. And I think it gives you more insight on who you are chatting with. Offbeat is suppose to be fun and use to be. I am hoping it will be again.hugs!

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#14 Oct 9, 2011
Ferrerman wrote:
It's just Sam being Sam. No big deal.
Ferrerman, I like you I think your a funny guy most of the time. BUT you have to agree what you said here is mean. I know you two are fighting a lot on here but if you wanted it to stop how would you respond? Just my thoughts here.hugs!

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#15 Oct 9, 2011
I just don't post here as much,
because I am kind of tender-hearted and it hurts my feelings to be attacked for no reason

(and it also really bothers me to see flame wars, too, even if I'm not involved...I just don't get it)
Sam Vet

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Oct 9, 2011
Beautiful Black Molly wrote:
so I'll try and be better.
Yes we do, trolling is not just a job, it's an adventure for us.

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#17 Oct 9, 2011
MLR29 wrote:
I don't think bullying of any kind is right. If you don't like someone or what they think, just avoid them. I try to treat everyone the way I want to be treated and if someone treats me bad, I try to stay away from them.
well said MLR29! One thing that I feel is important though is to still be there for your friends and this is where I think it gets a bit tough. Sometimes I think it is important to respond to let the person know what they said is mean but to do it without calling them names also.

“Just me.......”

Level 8

Location hidden

#18 Oct 9, 2011
Chatty Kathy wrote:
<quoted text>
well said MLR29! One thing that I feel is important though is to still be there for your friends and this is where I think it gets a bit tough. Sometimes I think it is important to respond to let the person know what they said is mean but to do it without calling them names also.
When defending a friend, just keep pointing out the good things about the friend without making any comments about the bully. I know its hard, but its worth a shot.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#19 Oct 9, 2011
Chatty Kathy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ferrerman, I like you I think your a funny guy most of the time. BUT you have to agree what you said here is mean. I know you two are fighting a lot on here but if you wanted it to stop how would you respond? Just my thoughts here.hugs!
I disagree. It wasn't mean, it was facetious. Sam's a horrible person who trolls under many disguises. If he didn't hate our president and democrats, your other *friends* wouldn't give him the time of day and I think he knows that. Who needs hate-based friendship? I guess Sam does. Others must as well. While you might think it's admirable or pragmatic to over-look someone's hate, I don't.

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#20 Oct 9, 2011
MLR29 wrote:
<quoted text>When defending a friend, just keep pointing out the good things about the friend without making any comments about the bully. I know its hard, but its worth a shot.
I think that is great advice!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min Tinka 199,251
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 17 min wichita-rick 15,838
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 38 min wichita-rick 192,787
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 46 min wichita-rick 3,206
News Man arrested after 'putting his PENIS on superm... 47 min Spotted Girl 23
Word Association (Jun '10) 52 min wichita-rick 30,651
One Word (Jan '09) 1 hr Princess Hey 16,272
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr Old Sam 145,406
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 2 hr Enzo49 7,194
True False Game (Jun '11) 3 hr Enzo49 12,395