Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

God created mankind because, misery loves company.
Think about it; here you are, the supreme eternal beings who can never die, and who knows everything. Everything that ever was, and everything which ever will be. Therefore, there is no mystery or wonder or curiosity about the past, because you already know it all. And there is no anticipation or wonder about what the future might hold, because you already know all that, also. And so there you are, with all the power which ever existed and bored off your ass! And so, you begin creating things – just like you always knew you would, because you know the future. So all the fun is gone from that also, and so you create this (arguably) one planet and fill it with life forms (like you always knew you would) and it’s so predictable and also boring, you create something totally off-the-wall; humans!

Now true, you already know what each and every one of them which will ever be born, is going nude. The decisions they’re going to make, and the way in which that species will take your pristine planet and rape it for its minerals and timber, forever building and striving and in the process polluting and contaminating and destroying, all the other things which were created. And so the only real entertainment God has is to watch the floundering suffering and pointless struggling of His pointless creations, on His pointless planet. And every so often someone comes along sees through the thin veil of the curtain from behind which He operates, in a flash realizes all of this… The pointlessness, futility and hopelessness of that all, and then the rest of the humans stamp a label on therefore had; clinically depressed.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

The invariable solution to your problem is to stop trying to do the impossible and second guess God. Faith is the only answer.

“Crown Of Life”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Smile and Shine..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

if you have God in your then no one should be depressed..God is love and love is fun,exciting,
happy..just making a statement thats all..you guys have an awesome day..:o)..its a new day ,leave the past behind and look forward not back..

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Depression is a serious issue, it can frequently be a symptom of chemical imbalances, which can be corrected by seeking help from a medical professional.

To think only prayer or faith in God will fix it shows a disturbing lack of knowledge about mental health issues.

“... SUMMER TIME ...”

Since: Aug 08

AND THE LIVIN IS EAZY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

... prozac nation ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

well yes, one can avoid the real problem by taking pharmaceutical drugs...but this only leads to the dependence on drugs...
Econo Mister

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Some people are depressed because of the depression.

“Smokin' Hot'n'Feelin' Groovy”

Level 9

Since: Apr 12

Here, There, and Everywhere,..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

I'm Depressed,...My Microwave Just Blew Up,...

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

cue Alfred E. Neuman

“If you're happy & you know it”

Level 7

Since: Feb 13

clap your hands!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

I think some people are depressed because they just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Some people are depressed to find out the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.

Some people get depressed because they just don't know any other way to cope.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Hotel California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
well yes, one can avoid the real problem by taking pharmaceutical drugs...but this only leads to the dependence on drugs...
What is the real problem?

“Blue Jean Baby..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 08

LA Lady..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

This song is depressing..

Soul Asylum

http://youtu.be/NRtvqT_wMeY

“Don't worry about me, I"m fine”

Level 5

Since: Aug 13

middle of nowhere

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

ShadyBits wrote:
I think some people are depressed because they just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Some people are depressed to find out the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.
Some people get depressed because they just don't know any other way to cope.
Maybe some people realize that the light at the end of the tunnel is a train headed their way, or that the only reason the grass is greener is that there is manure on it.........?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text>What is the real problem?
For one thing thinking that depression is a bad thing...depression is a natural state of the human condition. How be it, there are cases of the extreme which are unhealthy to the human psychic. I believe most cases of depression of due to circumstance rather than chemicals imbalances. How much art and music would not be around if no one ever got depressed?

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Hotel California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
For one thing thinking that depression is a bad thing...depression is a natural state of the human condition. How be it, there are cases of the extreme which are unhealthy to the human psychic. I believe most cases of depression of due to circumstance rather than chemicals imbalances. How much art and music would not be around if no one ever got depressed?
Interesting. I'm not suggesting people be medicated zombies. There is a huge difference between feeling blue one day and clinical depression.

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Depression is something serious and need not to be taken lightly...Meds doesn't always help.They sometimes cause more depression.
60s chic

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

honeymylove wrote:
Depression is something serious and need not to be taken lightly...Meds doesn't always help.They sometimes cause more depression.
I agree. I've known 3 people in my life who have committed suicide. All 3 were on prescription meds for depression for a few years before they ended their lives. Very sad. Many of these drugs are very potent and have serious side effects and health risks. Unfortunately, almost any prescription drug has side effects. Some not so bad - and some that can kill you. Ever see those commercials for drugs like "Abilify" and others? They actually tell you that anyone who takes some of these drugs are at risk for a stroke, heart attack, Diabetes, pancreatic cancer and other cancers, blood disorders and death! This is all viewed on our TVs, while showing happy people going about the business of living including pleasant background music. Creepy and disturbing in my opinion. It only serves to make me realize that most Pharmaceutical companies are mainly interested in one thing - M O N E Y.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

The Holidays depress folks ESPECIALLY when their LOVED ONES have passed On..FACT!!

“Mid Summer Days”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Whether reactive or endogenous,
depression can be a real and crippling condition..

and most everyone is touched by it at some stage in
life, whether personally or dealing with a family
member or close friend.

I think, tho' we are luckier to live in the
present age, where the benefits from
long and well researched medication
can be [and is] of great benefit,
in correcting and balancing chemical deficiencies...
which often lead directly to 'depression'

A little kindness, patience and understanding from friends
goes a long long way too.

“Mid Summer Days”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Princess Hey wrote:
if you have God in your then no one should be depressed..God is love and love is fun,exciting,
happy..just making a statement thats all..you guys have an awesome day..:o)..its a new day ,leave the past behind and look forward not back..
I wish it were all that simple Princess Hey,
yes many people, I agree, take great solace
in prayer, but being close to God, unfortunately
is no guard against, cancer, depression,
all sorts of traumas, and
accidents which visit people every single day
of life...

I suppose how we deal with these things
often 'can' lessen the pain...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••