Does anyone have their Christmas tree up yet?

Created by Spirit67_ on Nov 15, 2013

25 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Thinking about it

Waiting to get a real tree

I'm Jewish

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1 Nov 15, 2013
This has the potential of being a very fun and beautiful thread!
Ami in Miami

Miami, FL

#2 Nov 15, 2013
Spirit67_ wrote:
I agree..take a look at the ghost of an Offbeat Christmas Past.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/T7DGFMU...

Level 5

Location hidden

#3 Nov 15, 2013
Oh my! Myne and furst? Wow, has anyone past the 5th grade around here?
60s chic

Bethlehem, PA

#4 Nov 15, 2013
Right now, I'm thinking about getting my house ready for Thanksgiving. I don't like mixing Thanksgiving/fall decor with Xmas decorations. I like to enjoy the Fall colors right up to Thanksgiving day. The day after or the next, I usually start putting up the lights. I haven't put a tree up for the past 5 years. Years ago I would only settle for a real tree but then I switched to an artificial one. After that tree wore out, I didn't bother to get another. I have an ornamental tree that has lights on it year round. I don't have a lot of storage space for decorations and I got tired of moving everything in the room to accommodate an area just for a tree. With all the other decorations, and the lighted tree, it looks enough like Christmas. I don't have any grand kiddies so it's not as if they'd mind, lol!

Level 5

Location hidden

#5 Nov 15, 2013
Well that's nice!

“If you're happy & you know it”

Level 7

Since: Feb 13

clap your hands!

#6 Nov 15, 2013
Too early to put a tree up.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#7 Nov 15, 2013
Spirit67_ wrote:
67, For what it's worth...my father died at Christmas time...so it's kind of painful to me...it just not a happy time for all people...:(

However, You have fun...maybe reading these will cheer me up.
Janice

Allentown, PA

#8 Nov 15, 2013
getting windows cleaned for candles, but no tree yet. Always light up with the town on Black Friday with the candles, but the tree comes later, mayber 2nd week of Dec.
Janice

Allentown, PA

#9 Nov 15, 2013
There is some jewler commercial with Christmas music on it already, on the radio, This is PUSHING it!!!!! We just got out of Oct.

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#10 Nov 15, 2013
No tree for the house..no presents either..If anything a good meal and have one to maybe three people here if that..No need for any gifts..Their presents is a gift enough.
I have no grandkids.Only the one son...

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#11 Nov 15, 2013
Marissa 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
67, For what it's worth...my father died at Christmas time...so it's kind of painful to me...it just not a happy time for all people...:(
Marissa I'm sorry to hear that.My in-laws passed around Christmas time..FIL-1998 and MIL-2010...So I understand.But we must go on..that is what they would want..Love you girl ((HUGS))

Location hidden

#12 Nov 15, 2013
honeymylove wrote:
<quoted text>Marissa I'm sorry to hear that.My in-laws passed around Christmas time..FIL-1998 and MIL-2010...So I understand.But we must go on..that is what they would want..Love you girl ((HUGS))
Hi Honey, Yes, you are SO correct...thanks for your kind words...:)

Location hidden

#13 Nov 15, 2013
Marissa 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
67, Not everybody is going to agree with the way you think...you should at least respect where they are coming from.

Level 5

Location hidden

#14 Nov 16, 2013
Marissa 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
67, Not everybody is going to agree with the way you think...you should at least respect where they are coming from.
Excuse me? What did I say?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#15 Nov 16, 2013
h*ll No!
I gotta get thru thanksgiving first!
lol
:)

“Blue Jean Baby..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 08

LA Lady..

#16 Nov 16, 2013
A little too early for me, but it will probably be up by the first week of December.

Since: Apr 13

Scappoose, Oregon USA

#17 Nov 16, 2013
Way too early yet (mid-November) hours never goes out until the weekend after Thanksgiving. We always go out and 'on' a live tree, quite a family tradition-we buy a USFS permit and go out in the national forest to get one. As we all trudge around in the snow just enjoying being out in the world, it's sort of my job and my moms to pick out the tree, then it's dad's job to crawl under it with the Bostock laying down in the snow or on the frozen ground to cut it. It's also his job and my brother's to tote the thing back to the truck, LOL! Then it's woman's work once we're back all in the truck cab and the engine's running, to open up the thermos of hot cocoa (coffee, whatever) and fill everybody's cup. A woman's work is never done!

Level 9

Powellton WV

#18 Nov 16, 2013
Hell No! But thanks for asking:)

Level 6

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#19 Nov 16, 2013
No. It'll happen after Thanksgiving. One holiday at a time for me.
Silly Question

Dayton, OH

#20 Nov 16, 2013
Does anyone have their Christmas tree up what???????

NOTE: The 911 Operators will laugh at you if you call them to complain about splinters and bark burn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 min -CatCiao- 23,921
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 5 min ---Word Woman--- 11
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 7 min Princess Hey 7,275
Life is incomplete without ..... (what?) (Feb '14) 7 min Harrison Freebird 584
monday madness 9 min Bree_Z 2
Company Unveils Electronically-Powered Skates 12 min peepquest 9
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min dirtclod 127,042
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 21 min -CatCiao- 7,959
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 21 min Wolftracks 150,990
Bill Cosby 41 min FTW Forever 176