Newtownards, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2006

La Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>She was being teased the other day about being like Dear Abby... So I made this thread...It was suppose to be funny...I went a made it serious instead...
You did a very good thing then, because you have
raised awareness, thank you Sunshine. X
dhw

Southbridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2006

La Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>She was being teased the other day about being like Dear Abby... So I made this thread...It was suppose to be funny...I went a made it serious instead...
Morning ladies. Well...looks like you're all doing just fine...none of you are in need of my expertise. lol. I had a super busy day yesterday and didn't have time to check in. I'll be home with a sick baby all day today so I'll chat later. I see Grace is back! yippee
Grace Nerissa

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2006

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to be honest here Sunshine, just giving at
Christmas isn't enough. The Homeless and all the others in need, need to be provided for ALL the year
round.
Like the saying goes "A dog isn't just for Christmas" neither is anything else.
Good for you El, You have put your finger on something that always made me uneasy about Christmas... while it is nice to give and be kind at such a time, there MUST BE a 'follow up'' otherwise it is only a fashion ''of the time'' You highlighted something very important here, much appreciated.

Las Sunshine and Mommy did a great deed in prompting people to give generously. Such a worthwhile reminder is always welcome.

THANK YOU, THREE LADIES ... for knocking on the door of peoples consciences. Less sensitive folks, tho' well meaning, can often be swept away by the superficialities of Christmas.

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2006

dhw wrote:
<quoted text>Morning ladies. Well...looks like you're all doing just fine...none of you are in need of my expertise. lol. I had a super busy day yesterday and didn't have time to check in. I'll be home with a sick baby all day today so I'll chat later. I see Grace is back! yippee
I'm sorry to hear that about the sick baby... Which baby is it? I hope its nothing serious... Take care...
eleanorigby

Newtownards, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2006

dhw wrote:
<quoted text>Morning ladies. Well...looks like you're all doing just fine...none of you are in need of my expertise. lol. I had a super busy day yesterday and didn't have time to check in. I'll be home with a sick baby all day today so I'll chat later. I see Grace is back! yippee
Morning dhw.....well not at the moment but that is not to say I won't need your expertise in the very near future! We all know where to come now..lol
Extremely sorry to hear your baby is sick, and hope that rest and TLC will have the baby better in no time.
eleanorigby

Newtownards, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2006

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you El, You have put your finger on something that always made me uneasy about Christmas... while it is nice to give and be kind at such a time, there MUST BE a 'follow up'' otherwise it is only a fashion ''of the time'' You highlighted something very important here, much appreciated.
Las Sunshine and Mommy did a great deed in prompting people to give generously. Such a worthwhile reminder is always welcome.
THANK YOU, THREE LADIES ... for knocking on the door of peoples consciences. Less sensitive folks, tho' well meaning, can often be swept away by the superficialities of Christmas.
Good Morning Grace, nice to be able to say that once more. Agreed, it is an issue that is always there, not just at Christmas. I feel the same about anniversaries to be truthful, a loss is a loss,no matter what date it is commemorated by.
I have been known to collect in the street for a
charity, although I haven't done it this year, apparently it is against the law to speak whilst doing so, but nobody told me, and I approached people and requested they put their change in the collecting box for "a very good cause". The local people are very generous here.
I was told I got the "Lion's Share" of the amount collected, so it must have paid off. hahaha
Grace Nerissa

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2006

dhw wrote:
Thanks for your 'welcome' dhw. I hope, apart from the , hopefully temporary childs illness, that you are well. The day spent with the baby will be a comfort to you both... I always find it amazing how quickly thgey bounce back. you TWO take care... X
dhw

Southbridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2006

Hey all...it's the little one who's not feeling well. I just tucked her in. She was ready for bed at 5:30 but I held her off the best I could. I hope she sleeps better than she has for the last couple of nights. It's just a nasty headcold that needs to run its course. She's supposed to have a date with Grammy tomorrow....hope she's feeling better 'cause I wanna wrap some presents :-)
Here's my advice for the day.....
DON'T PLAY LEAPFROG WITH A UNICORN!!!!!

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2006

Hey!! Good morning!! I hope that all of y'all have a fun filled day..

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2006

dhw, hows the baby? Did you get any rest last night? I promise that I didn't play Leapfrog with a Unicorn. That was good advice, thank you..
Groucho AKA Falcon 68

Dearborn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2006

dhw wrote:
Hey all...it's the little one who's not feeling well. I just tucked her in. She was ready for bed at 5:30 but I held her off the best I could. I hope she sleeps better than she has for the last couple of nights. It's just a nasty headcold that needs to run its course. She's supposed to have a date with Grammy tomorrow....hope she's feeling better 'cause I wanna wrap some presents :-)
Here's my advice for the day.....
DON'T PLAY LEAPFROG WITH A UNICORN!!!!!
You may end up with more than you bargained for?

“Our Grand daughter”

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2006

Judged:

Good morning all..talking about helping the less fortunant? Well, we did the food bank yesterday and over 400 people were served in the general area. This is 400, the history is made at the Bremen food and clothing bank! Clothes are .25 each piece, a $5.00 donation can get you a 40 pound box of chicken, groceries, washing detergents, soaps, sanitary napkins, cleaning supplies, and so much more. If you don't have the cash, you will just get the food. We even have baby diapers there and that can really come in handy for most of the women because you live from day to day and they run out at times.It's a blessing to be able to help out. I wish more people would at least try. Buy a few cases of canned food and donate them to your local food bank. Donate clothing, shoes, sheets, blankets or anything you want..someone needs the things you don't want anymore. Be generous and give till it hurts!! You can even make a donation because cash is always appreciated..
With so many people at the food bank yesterday, Mrs. Ware was able to buy more freezers and some electric heaters for ones that needed them..the freezers are for the food that is donated.
If you have lots of time on your hands, please donate your time to helping someone...can you imagine a 2 year old child coming in out of 30* weather and not even having a pair of socks much less shoes on? I witnessed it and it hurts.......

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2009

Judged:

Unfortunately, it has a big impact this year since the economy has taken such a nose dive. Three years ago, I am sure many people never thought that they, too, would need a hand out down the road. More people in past years had jobs, homes, some basis for security. I brought this back as food for thought, since there are three times as many in need.

“Time to Make the Donuts”

Since: Jan 07

Friedrichshafen, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Judged:

Before It Went South,...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Here is a blast from the past! Where is McGuyver?
Level 2

Since: Oct 13

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Judged:

Mommy of four wrote:
Good morning all..talking about helping the less fortunant? Well, we did the food bank yesterday and over 400 people were served in the general area. This is 400, the history is made at the Bremen food and clothing bank! Clothes are .25 each piece, a $5.00 donation can get you a 40 pound box of chicken, groceries, washing detergents, soaps, sanitary napkins, cleaning supplies, and so much more. If you don't have the cash, you will just get the food. We even have baby diapers there and that can really come in handy for most of the women because you live from day to day and they run out at times.It's a blessing to be able to help out. I wish more people would at least try. Buy a few cases of canned food and donate them to your local food bank. Donate clothing, shoes, sheets, blankets or anything you want..someone needs the things you don't want anymore. Be generous and give till it hurts!! You can even make a donation because cash is always appreciated..
With so many people at the food bank yesterday, Mrs. Ware was able to buy more freezers and some electric heaters for ones that needed them..the freezers are for the food that is donated.
If you have lots of time on your hands, please donate your time to helping someone...can you imagine a 2 year old child coming in out of 30* weather and not even having a pair of socks much less shoes on? I witnessed it and it hurts.......
Hmm...

About those diapers?

Procter & Gamble CO.'s President and CEO was paid $2 million for five and a half weeks work....back in 2013

That's an OBSCENE amount of money!
Level 2

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Judged:

"Assuming that Lafley worked seven days a week for a total of 39 days, he was paid more than $52,000 a day by Procter & Gamble (NYSE: PG).

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/blog/20...
Level 2

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Judged:

Why, just last year...the Topix LLC even GAVE away a kindle. Ain't that CEO and Co-founder Chris Trolles a most generous SOB.
Level 2

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Judged:

**Ain't that CEO and Co-founder of TOPIX LLC...a most generous SOB?

“Time to Make the Donuts”

Since: Jan 07

Friedrichshafen, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Ami in Mee-ami wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm...
About those diapers?
Procter & Gamble CO.'s President and CEO was paid $2 million for five and a half weeks work....back in 2013
That's an OBSCENE amount of money!

Who You talking to stupid, you MO4 is Dead and ain't listening to your Gums Flappin any more,...

Hey Wolfman Trish, Get a grip ,...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of45
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••