Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2006

I have a problem with.......your a great friend to all of us. At times some of us need advice or needed to be pointed in the right direction..Will you help us sometimes??
dhw

Southbridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2006

LOL! I was kidding! Why me?

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2006

dhw wrote:
LOL! I was kidding! Why me?
Because we love you and you love us....your a smart woman.....

Here is a problem that I find upsetting....NOT a joke question..

I am upset that there isn't more compassion and humanity for the homeless.. Not just during the holidays but year round....I feel that we all should be doing something to help.... Theres Toys For Tots, Food Banks and other orginazations to help.... I am having a hard time seeing how cold and heartless some people can be... It really bothers me...
dhw

Southbridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2006

La Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>Because we love you and you love us....your a smart woman.....
Here is a problem that I find upsetting....NOT a joke question..
I am upset that there isn't more compassion and humanity for the homeless.. Not just during the holidays but year round....I feel that we all should be doing something to help.... Theres Toys For Tots, Food Banks and other orginazations to help.... I am having a hard time seeing how cold and heartless some people can be... It really bothers me...
Well Sunshine....if it upsets you, maybe you could volunteer at a homeless shelter or something?
I'm taking off....won't be home for the rest of the evening. I'll check in later if I have time.

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2006

dhw wrote:
<quoted text>Well Sunshine....if it upsets you, maybe you could volunteer at a homeless shelter or something?
I'm taking off....won't be home for the rest of the evening. I'll check in later if I have time.
I do donate money and toys to the shelters and Toys For Tots...Have a great evening...

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2006

Please don't be offended dhw..... something like this, I know if someone has a problem are if they want to joke around, then you will be great fun.. I set this up in fun for everybody....LOL!
dhw

Southbridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2006

La Sunshine wrote:
Please don't be offended dhw..... something like this, I know if someone has a problem are if they want to joke around, then you will be great fun.. I set this up in fun for everybody....LOL!
No...I'm not offended at all...I actually think it's kind of humorous. I will do my best with the advice. If there's one thing I've never had a problem with ...it's giving my opinion. haha. It should be fun.

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2006

dhw wrote:
<quoted text>No...I'm not offended at all...I actually think it's kind of humorous. I will do my best with the advice. If there's one thing I've never had a problem with ...it's giving my opinion. haha. It should be fun.
You are a real sport and a smart woman!!!

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2006

Good morning dhw... I hope that you're having a great weekend.. Are you girls starting to get excited about Christmas? We don't have any snow yet..."C" really wants snow..
eleanorigby

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2006

La Sunshine wrote:
Good morning dhw... I hope that you're having a great weekend.. Are you girls starting to get excited about Christmas? We don't have any snow yet..."C" really wants snow..
Good morning LA and dhw
I think the plight of the homeless hits hardest at
this time of the year, the Season of Good Will, and
we all wish we could do more to help. My neice does manages a hostel in London for the homeless,
and she takes them on days out, but she is single,
and has the time.
I do my very lil bit by buying Shelter, which is a magazine sold by homeless people, one week I buy it from a fellow who stands near the supermarket, the next week from a girl near the bus station, they have their "regulars" and it enables them to pay their way, and also their own rent in shelters.
Is there anybody situated near you who provides food for them at Christmas time, a suggestion is you could make up a little box of toileteries or chocolate, and put a Christmas card on the front of it with the Season's Greeting on, the Salvation Army would advise you on how you could help.
There are so many charities sending out appeals, it makes you wonder where to start. Homeless is a good one and all credit to you LA for thinking of them.

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2006

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning LA and dhw
I think the plight of the homeless hits hardest at
this time of the year, the Season of Good Will, and
we all wish we could do more to help. My neice does manages a hostel in London for the homeless,
and she takes them on days out, but she is single,
and has the time.
I do my very lil bit by buying Shelter, which is a magazine sold by homeless people, one week I buy it from a fellow who stands near the supermarket, the next week from a girl near the bus station, they have their "regulars" and it enables them to pay their way, and also their own rent in shelters.
Is there anybody situated near you who provides food for them at Christmas time, a suggestion is you could make up a little box of toileteries or chocolate, and put a Christmas card on the front of it with the Season's Greeting on, the Salvation Army would advise you on how you could help.
There are so many charities sending out appeals, it makes you wonder where to start. Homeless is a good one and all credit to you LA for thinking of them.
I try to make sure to donate food or money to the food banks.. I also give to Toys For Tots.. There is also a collection drive that goes on, so people can donate blankets, coats, hats and gloves to the homelees..They need to be warm some how.. Last year I donated a turkey, potates, fresh fruit, veggies and other things to the Womens Domestic Shelter. Its surprising how much violence goes on during the holidays. People get depressed, start drinking and then the fighting starts.. I am at my happiest when I can help people.. There is always things people can do to help... Call your local police dept. or a local school to help a family...
Groucho AKA Falcon 68

Dearborn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2006

dhw wrote:
<quoted text>No...I'm not offended at all...I actually think it's kind of humorous. I will do my best with the advice. If there's one thing I've never had a problem with ...it's giving my opinion. haha. It should be fun.
dhw...Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart as well...what you told me certainly eased my mind a bit...I'm definitely going to see sweet cheeks come this January, and I told her not to come to any decisions about us until we get the chance to meet face to face...then we can see it in each other's eyes and in our embrace if the right thing for us. If she tells me that she wants me to stay, then I'll stay....

“Our Grand daughter”

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2006

This is the nicest idea I've heard in a long time. Many families are out there and the kids won't have any Christmas because of poverty. If you know an area where the homeless hang out, go there and throw money out into the streets for them. This way they can get a hot meal or a hot cup of coffee..also if you have a tent, blankets, coats just anything, just lay them on a street corner and they will be picked up and the people will be very thankful..love you...
la sunshine

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2006

Mommy of four wrote:
This is the nicest idea I've heard in a long time. Many families are out there and the kids won't have any Christmas because of poverty. If you know an area where the homeless hang out, go there and throw money out into the streets for them. This way they can get a hot meal or a hot cup of coffee..also if you have a tent, blankets, coats just anything, just lay them on a street corner and they will be picked up and the people will be very thankful..love you...
Christmas is about giving...
eleanorigby

Newtownards, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2006

Judged:

la sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>Christmas is about giving...
I have to be honest here Sunshine, just giving at
Christmas isn't enough. The Homeless and all the others in need, need to be provided for ALL the year
round.
Like the saying goes "A dog isn't just for Christmas" neither is anything else.
eleanorigby

Newtownards, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2006

La Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>I try to make sure to donate food or money to the food banks.. I also give to Toys For Tots.. There is also a collection drive that goes on, so people can donate blankets, coats, hats and gloves to the homelees..They need to be warm some how.. Last year I donated a turkey, potates, fresh fruit, veggies and other things to the Womens Domestic Shelter. Its surprising how much violence goes on during the holidays. People get depressed, start drinking and then the fighting starts.. I am at my happiest when I can help people.. There is always things people can do to help... Call your local police dept. or a local school to help a family...
So why appeal to dhw when you do all you can yourself and know the ropes? Baffles me.

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2006

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
So why appeal to dhw when you do all you can yourself and know the ropes? Baffles me.
Good morning "El".. I guess more then anything making conversation, wanting to put out some food thought for everybody.. I've already told everyone around here that I know..

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2006

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to be honest here Sunshine, just giving at
Christmas isn't enough. The Homeless and all the others in need, need to be provided for ALL the year
round.
Like the saying goes "A dog isn't just for Christmas" neither is anything else.
Your right, it has to be year round.."Cs" school has boxes set by the front doors sometimes.. They ask for tolietry items and personnal items to be dropped.. Then the items are taking somewhere where they are handed out..
eleanorigby

Newtownards, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2006

La Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning "El".. I guess more then anything making conversation, wanting to put out some food thought for everybody.. I've already told everyone around here that I know..
morning "LA".. I was wondering why specifically to dhw, but no matter, your ideas caught the attention of everybody, and has certainly given food for thought.

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2006

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
morning "LA".. I was wondering why specifically to dhw, but no matter, your ideas caught the attention of everybody, and has certainly given food for thought.
She was being teased the other day about being like Dear Abby... So I made this thread...It was suppose to be funny...I went a made it serious instead...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

226 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Kong_ 112,807
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min Mister_ E 141,260
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 10 min razz58 14,871
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 11 min curiouslu 76,866
30,000 post wins (May '13) 11 min Truths 714
Celiac Disease 14 min Nurse 3
Word Association (Mar '10) 22 min Jennifer Renee 15,682
Woman: Backyard near turnpike is not a rest stop 28 min Sally Brown 2
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 2 hr Phaerae 13,018