Bear turns heads on Lake Tahoe ski slopes

Jan 13, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KBCI CBS 2

An unusual sight for winter turned some skiers' heads on the slopes at Lake Tahoe: a black bear.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

I wish I was in Lake Tahoe in a quaint chalet! Crackling fire and a glass of wine.....
Karina

Sparks, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Omg I was just in Lake Tahoe wow.. Must be scary..
Woken_Sleep

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

I was wondering what is going to happen with the hibernating bears in this warm weather. Will they wake up during warm temps? Will they starve?Will food be scarce?(This is something I think about on a slow day.) I hope they an go back to sleep, and wake at spring, when food is plenty.
But I'm sure bears have done this before, and will know how to survive.

I think they eat tree bark to get by. I gotta research this....be right back.If I find anything on waken hybernating bears. As I said I was worried about the bears, and no one around me wants to hear about my concerns about it. So this forum gives me a chance to vent about it. Thanks.
Woken_Sleep

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

To Mad iconer,

If you have anything to contribute on this subject, feel free to post. There is no time for sarcasm here.
Woken_Sleep

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

Jeez no feedback on this story. I guess no one cares about the bears ; (
Woken_Sleep

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

About the dangers to bears waking too soon during hybernation.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/...
Parden Pard

Whitehall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

Woken_Sleep wrote:
I was wondering what is going to happen with the hibernating bears in this warm weather. Will they wake up during warm temps? Will they starve?Will food be scarce?(This is something I think about on a slow day.) I hope they an go back to sleep, and wake at spring, when food is plenty.
But I'm sure bears have done this before, and will know how to survive.
I think they eat tree bark to get by. I gotta research this....be right back.If I find anything on waken hybernating bears. As I said I was worried about the bears, and no one around me wants to hear about my concerns about it. So this forum gives me a chance to vent about it. Thanks.
Instead of BS'n about bears that you have no knowledge about,,,why don't you just concer yourself about the frigin weather that is causing deaths on rt22 and 309 and 78,,,,dip,,!!
Woken_Sleep

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

Parden Pard wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of BS'n about bears that you have no knowledge about,,,why don't you just concer yourself about the frigin weather that is causing deaths on rt22 and 309 and 78,,,,dip,,!!
Boy, did you get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning !!!!! LOL

I was trying to get knowledge. I find it interesting. This thread is about the bears.
Parden Pard

Whitehall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Woken_Sleep wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, did you get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning !!!!! LOL
I was trying to get knowledge. I find it interesting. This thread is about the bears.
Your right,,,sorry,,,,,
Christaliban

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Parden Pard wrote:
<quoted text>
The trend is warming, and that will have major consequences for all sorts of plants and animals.

Whether these strange seeming blips into extremes - freakishly cold or hot (as in Australia at the moment)- represent the weather getting more variable or not, the trend is still perfectly clear, tee baggrz notwithstanding.
Woken_Sleep

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

Parden Pard wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right,,,sorry,,,,,
Apology accepted.
Woken_Sleep

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

Christaliban wrote:
<quoted text>
The trend is warming, and that will have major consequences for all sorts of plants and animals.
Whether these strange seeming blips into extremes - freakishly cold or hot (as in Australia at the moment)- represent the weather getting more variable or not, the trend is still perfectly clear, tee baggrz notwithstanding.
I think all or most of the animals will adjust, like they have been for millions of years. Did you know the polar bear was once a brown bear? Their fur turned albino due to the cold temps.

“Forehead wrinkle”

Since: Dec 10

Homefries

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

Can't they just say that "a bear" was sighted? Instead saying "black" bear? It sounds so racist.
Parden Pard

Whitehall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

DILF wrote:
Can't they just say that "a bear" was sighted? Instead saying "black" bear? It sounds so racist.
If it happened in the high mountains of Mendoza Argentina,they would call the bear a Negro bear....(where's the justice),,??
childof48

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

Why is race always got to be brought up. Does not the world yet know there is only one race? It's called the human race. No matter what the race. There's good & bad in all of them. It's all about who or what they choose to become. There's no benefit in hating someone because of their nationality.
Christaliban

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

Woken_Sleep wrote:
<quoted text>
I think all or most of the animals will adjust, like they have been for millions of years. Did you know the polar bear was once a brown bear? Their fur turned albino due to the cold temps.
You're a cretin because _everyone_ knows we're in the midst of a mass extinction of species.

Also, you right freeeks don't "believe in" evolution, in the main.

You believe in ignorance and denial.

Hey, but at least you dun fergit ta say climate change isn't happening. You hilariously just said it won't matter...because we'll just wind up with difference color bears.
Christaliban

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

childof48 wrote:
Why is race always got to be brought up. Does not the world yet know there is only one race? It's called the human race. No matter what the race. There's good & bad in all of them. It's all about who or what they choose to become. There's no benefit in hating someone because of their nationality.
Nice troll to confuse race with nationality on purpose...after "not" noticing the mention of race was ironic to begin with.

“Forehead wrinkle”

Since: Dec 10

Homefries

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

childof48 wrote:
Which is exactly why this article should have said "a bear" instead of "black" bear.
The media propogates this racist verbiage.
Katz

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Christaliban wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a cretin because _everyone_ knows we're in the midst of a mass extinction of species.
Also, you right freeeks don't "believe in" evolution, in the main.
You believe in ignorance and denial.
Hey, but at least you dun fergit ta say climate change isn't happening. You hilariously just said it won't matter...because we'll just wind up with difference color bears.
You are a Creetin ! I guess you never heard of animals learning to adapt to survive....the snow monkey turned white, he was brown. There are certain lizzard species that grew longer tongues to catch their prey. Do some research.

I will say one thong about this climate change if were in one, I am still not convinced of this. We have had warm days in winter before, and if we are in a climate change it will be very subtle changes, the Earth is doing what it's supposed to do. These groups that blame it on
pollution exaggerate to make money on books. The earth will be here a long, long time after man has been extinguished. The earth is constantly changing.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

DILF wrote:
Well... ah... it's certainly not an African-American bear.... and since it's not a Grizzly, it probably ain't a "brown" bear (no offense to the native Americans)...(who are probably pissed to be called Americans since they were already here).... and since Polar bears are typically white (by no choice or decision on their own), there needs to be a way to categorize WHAT kind of bear it actually is....

I personally think it's NOT a bear... don't bears hibernate this time of year? A bear, of any color, being spotted on the slopes of Tahoe is surely a poser... and therefore, not really a bear at all... it's probably some drunk guy in a fur coat that got lost.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••