created by: MoonDancing | Jan 16, 2013

Weird

37 votes

Ban VIOLENT video games

Click on an option to vote

• Grand Theft Auto needs to go!
  • Call of DUTY is BLOODY! Needs to GO!
  • Assasins Creed, just listen to the title!
  • Chuck them all!
  • Ratchet and Clank, have you seen the arsenal!!
  • You're nuts QC!

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 100 of101
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Level 2

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

DaveMC in the Grey wrote:
You think having a periods is hard? Try being on a 24 killsteak on Call of Duty with itchy balls.
-Will Farrell
Lmfao!!!E
Level 2

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Uh Clem wrote:
But ONE of them might be seeking out the last starfighter to save the galaxy. Can we risk it?
Geeezzzzus!! Lmao.

I totally forgot about that dimbass movie.
So lame but I'll watch if I see it on!!!

When I was little I cried when the lizard guy died. Hahah.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

victoria1 wrote:
They say TV, movies and video games don't effect us, yet advertisers will pay $4 million to run a 30 second spot during super bowl.
Food for thought.
Can't recall a super bowl spot urging us to go out and kill.

Regardless, if people cannot tell the difference between TV, movies, games and reality, I submit thta it is not the TV, movies, or games at fault. These people have failed to be instilled with basic right vs wrong concepts. I don't think any of the recent mass shooters are truly insane. They are just so selfish and self-centered they don't care about anyone else.

If that wasn't true, they could not gun down 10, 15, 20 people who are shrieking, begging, crying, not to mention viewing the river of blood pouring out from the bodies.

They are more a product of our entitlement society which trains them to think 'I should have anything I want and if I don't get it handed to me I should take it'.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

sounds like a good idea to me.

“The golden age is before us, ”

Level 2

Since: Jan 13

not behind us.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Forgotten faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely agree with you there.
I don't mind playing the war games.... But the thug, gangster..whatever crap is def way too much.
There's no need for that.
I know... I ust think that the creators of these games have a moral obligation not to make stuff that is so violent that it actually changed the hard wiring in a childs mind when they are exposed to that evil crap. We as a society will see more and more as time goes on the consequences. We wonder why children are so violent and souless these days but look at what we expose them to!!! Monkey see monkey do!
A Random Person

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Sure every once and a while video games MAY contribute to a psychopath's creation. But this is not the game. It is mental instability. Look at movies that are violent, TV shows, violence all around. However most blame is put on video games as a scapegoat for politicians and the media. Now there HAVE been violent games such as Postal, but they get banned quickly if they are too graphic. Also, games like COD, BF3, etc.. etc.. most to all FPS games are rated M. Meaning a parent or an adult must show their id to approve them buying the game if they are underage. That is a parent decision that i believe should remain but make a restricted age of 12 and under. Meaning that even with a parent's approval you must be at least 13 to play a extremely violent game. ALSO for further reasons here is a video on this topic.
www.youtube.com/watch...
A Random Person

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Also heres some facts about it not being JUST video games-
Books have violence. Should we ban books?
TVs have violent shows, lets ban them too!
Movies have violence, lets ban movies!

As i said above many things have violence. But all you hear about is that - Oh this happened because of violent video games-. Hell, animals can be violent, lets ban them too.

See where I am coming from? I am merely stating my opinion on this and pointing out what i believe a scapegoat of the politicians to keep them in office.
And if you don't want your child to act supposedly as you say. Then don't get them the game and keep them away from the violence. Simple.

Level 2

not behind us.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

A Random Person wrote:
Look at movies that are violent, TV shows, violence all around. However most blame is put on video games as a scapegoat for politicians and the media. Now there HAVE been violent games such as Postal, but they get banned quickly if they are too graphic.www.youtube.com/watch...
Tv shows, Movies, violence in general and the ultra violent video games all contribute. It is true that for the most part people that indulge in watching violent movies and/or play violent games can sometimes be so affected and infulenced that they become desensitised to it, sometimes a small section of these people go on to commit sick crimes. That is the worry but having said that violence is here to stay, It has become way of life in our westernised world to watch violent movies and play these violent games but whats the harm? They are just games right, like none of it is "real"
Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

When I'm angry I play SOUL CALIBER IV! LOL Or I take over World in Civilization Revoluntion build an ICBM and blow up China, sometimes India because Ghandi is a back stabbing liar in the game! Can you believe that?! Ghandi, and he was my neighbor in one game. I thought, gee, this is great then horns are blowing,... gone is my little town.
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Some parents don't know what they are buying their kids. The little boy jumps up and down and they purchase it. My neighbor bought her kid Grand Theft Auto, he was 7 yo. I explained everything I could to her and she went berserk. She thought games were just games, "Why anyone put this bad stuff in game? Games are for fun. Fun! Garbage!" She wasn't American.

Level 2

not behind us.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Remember the movie The taxi driver?

The attempted assasination of then-President Ronald Regan is probably the most famous crime to have been inspired by a film. At the center of it all: John Hinckley, Jr., an aspiring songwriter with an unhealthy obsession for the female star of "Taxi Driver," Jodie Foster.

In the 1976 film, Foster plays a 12-year-old prostitute whom cabbie Travis Bickle tries to save. Later in the film, Bickle also attempts to assassinate a senator running for president.

In what he later said was an attempt to gain Foster's attention, Hinckley fired six shots at Reagan as he left a Washington, D.C. Hilton on March 30, 1981. Reagan was injured by one bullet, and his press secretary, James Brady, was hit in the head by another shot.

Hinckley, who was later found not guilty by reason of insanity, said that the shooting was "the greatest love offering in the history of the world," and that "Everybody, but everybody, knows about John and Jodie."

It's just one of many examples of movies that have inspired real life crime.

Level 2

not behind us.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

QuiteCrazy wrote:
When I'm angry I play SOUL CALIBER IV! LOL Or I take over World in Civilization Revoluntion build an ICBM and blow up China, sometimes India because Ghandi is a back stabbing liar in the game! Can you believe that?! Ghandi, and he was my neighbor in one game. I thought, gee, this is great then horns are blowing,... gone is my little town.
:)

Level 2

not behind us.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

QuiteCrazy wrote:
Some parents don't know what they are buying their kids. The little boy jumps up and down and they purchase it. My neighbor bought her kid Grand Theft Auto, he was 7 yo. I explained everything I could to her and she went berserk. She thought games were just games, "Why anyone put this bad stuff in game? Games are for fun. Fun! Garbage!" She wasn't American.
7 years old and playing grand theft auto? OMFG.... seriousley? Honestley it's people like that that should not have had kids. We don't need people like that raising the next generation.
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Wolfganged wrote:
<quoted text>
7 years old and playing grand theft auto? OMFG.... seriousley? Honestley it's people like that that should not have had kids. We don't need people like that raising the next generation.
She didn't know! Honestly, she really really had no clue. The kid watches the commercials and he sees cars. Kid. He tells her it's about cars, she thinks it's racing. NOT jacking cars!! And everything else that goes on..
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

You guys gave me funny but it's really not! I'm telling you, try it, build a town, taking care of villagers and crops, inventions... and what not.. then your ally. Let me stress that, ALLY, who btw can walk all over your territory but oh no, not you, because you chose to be Lincoln, US. You want to cross the river you have to either declare war or go around the mountain! Then while you're being diplomatically and walking around that stupid mountain they invade your capital! Or take the neighboring town! You'd be pissed. I'm telling you, you'd blow them up. Then you need tanks to take over. But if you use tanks, there isn't much of a town left... ugh.. Ghandi! I can't get over that betrayal.

Level 2

not behind us.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

QuiteCrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
She didn't know! Honestly, she really really had no clue. The kid watches the commercials and he sees cars. Kid. He tells her it's about cars, she thinks it's racing. NOT jacking cars!! And everything else that goes on..
A a parent it is up to her to make sure he is not playing games like that. For a person of such tender years it's bound to fcuk with the kids head.

Level 2

not behind us.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

QuiteCrazy wrote:
You guys gave me funny but it's really not! I'm telling you, try it, build a town, taking care of villagers and crops, inventions... and what not.. then your ally. Let me stress that, ALLY, who btw can walk all over your territory but oh no, not you, because you chose to be Lincoln, US. You want to cross the river you have to either declare war or go around the mountain! Then while you're being diplomatically and walking around that stupid mountain they invade your capital! Or take the neighboring town! You'd be pissed. I'm telling you, you'd blow them up. Then you need tanks to take over. But if you use tanks, there isn't much of a town left... ugh.. Ghandi! I can't get over that betrayal.
*scratching head* huh?
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Wolfganged wrote:
<quoted text>
*scratching head* huh?
LOL, about Ghandi.. Civilization Revolution.. ICBM...
conquer, destroy, bring peace to the world..
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Wolfganged wrote:
<quoted text>
A a parent it is up to her to make sure he is not playing games like that. For a person of such tender years it's bound to fcuk with the kids head.
Oh most definately. She just assumed that companies would not make harmful toys for children. You'd have to meet her and then you'd go, "Ah haaa.. I see..." and walk away like you spoke to someone from another planet. Once I showed her the rating system, I could here the chorus of yelling, "You can't have that! It's not E!" LOL

Level 2

not behind us.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

QuiteCrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh most definately. She just assumed that companies would not make harmful toys for children.
Im pretty sure the game she purchsed for her son, Grand Auto Theft is at least rated 15+.... Sooo whats mom doing purchasing that game for her child? Couldnt she be bothered reading the cover? Or didin't she care?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of101
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••