Ban VIOLENT video games

Created by MoonDancing on Jan 16, 2013

37 votes

Click on an option to vote

Grand Theft Auto needs to go!

Call of DUTY is BLOODY! Needs to GO!

Assasins Creed, just listen to the title!

Chuck them all!

Ratchet and Clank, have you seen the arsenal!!

You're nuts QC!

Level 2

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#67 Jan 18, 2013
Ban them!?!?
BAN THEM!?!

No fn way!!!!!!!

Are you serious??

There's way more things out there to ban than vids.
UDIOTRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#68 Jan 18, 2013
Forgotten faith wrote:
Ban them!?!?
BAN THEM!?!
No fn way!!!!!!!
Are you serious??
There's way more things out there to ban than vids.
BAN only VIOLENT And BRAINWASHING VIDEO games!

Video Game Used To Lure New Recruits
Charlotte Observer
March 4, 2005

This is scary and maddening. Unable to get the necessary recruits for the military the old-fashioned way, the U.S. Army has sunk $16 million into a government-sponsored video game that blurs the line between fantasy and the reality of war.

The taxpayer-financed "America's Army" is so clever a mind game that even the military folks behind it get a little confused when talking it up. Time magazine said Major Chris Chambers, deputy director of the video's development team, had to stop and correct himself when he called the violence, combat and "death animation" in the game "real." "It's not real; it's simulated. But we're simulating reality," he said.

Got that?

The computer-based video game was rolled out as a recruitment and training tool -- primarily recruitment -- on July 4, 2002. And players can click a button in the game menu and go directly to an Army recruiting Web site, Time reports.

The military thinks there's nothing wrong with this. After all, Chambers says, "We treat it openly and honestly ... we don't sugarcoat it." But is it really "honest" when the game focuses on the adrenaline rush of the fight, and doesn't or can't convey the true human costs of war?

Sure, the game shows soldiers die in war -- thus the "death animation." But it doesn't show the thousands more who live forever maimed, with one arm, one leg or no limbs. It doesn't show the agonizing rehabilitation that often follows. It doesn't show the mental anguish of seeing a buddy killed in front of you, or having to shoot the enemy when you can look into his eyes. It doesn't show the hundreds of soldiers who battle post traumatic stress, or as a recent PBS documentary showed, the pressure to hide such injuries from the military superiors and comrades who call you a wimp for asking for help. "Suck it up," one soldier said he was told.

Military officials say the game is designed so these possible recruits understand the Army doesn't want them to be Rambos. There are game penalties for players who hurt noncombatants. And if you're wounded or killed, the game's over for you. But it sounded real Rambo-like when one military official said -- perhaps jokingly -- to a Time reporter playing the game, "isn't killing Afghans fun?"

Video games are supposed to be fun. There's no denying that. But war is not. "America's Army" is only helping confuse the issue for the young men and women who must fight these wars.

It doesn't take much to confuse some in the 13-to-24-year-old demographic that's the prime audience for the video. Many are consumed with playing video games -- the more violent, the better. They equate the virtual thrill they get from the video game to real-life situations. Some tragically play them out in real life. For too many, the game gives an illusion of competence and control over their circumstances that kids who lack self-esteem or live in challenging situations badly need.

"America's Army" preys on such vulnerabilities. The game is a hit on the Army's Web site, with up to 4.6 million registered players and 100,000 new ones signing up each month. According to Time, this summer the Army will roll out the game to gaming consoles such as Xbox or PlayStation 2 to reach a broader audience.
Level 2

Location hidden

#69 Jan 19, 2013
I know I'm gonna get judged hard on this BUT....

If people, kids ( which btw arent even suppose to be playing them!)
Can't distinguish between a game and reality than they're already disconnected.
Music, movies, games.... Its ridiculous.

None of it is real!!! It's a fabricated reality based on actual events.

I've been playing games my entire life. My generation grew up with video games. Right from Pong to COD and WC. I have no desire to go out and shoot a bunch of people. Or take a bat to someone's car and head.
Level 2

Location hidden

#70 Jan 19, 2013
And if the army is using it as a propaganda ploy well ban that....

But the army has been playing on the minds of the young forever.

Again it's called 'propaganda'!!!!

Remember Old Sam!?!

Come on.

And don't most Americans love their Army??? Well you can't love what you don't have. I'd rather see volunteers join than poor timid Timmy being forced because not enough volunteers came forth.

'BE ALL THAT YOU CAN BE!!!'

They'll us any tactic possible to get the appeal across.

And sorry. But if any fool child who joins thinking they'll get bonus lives by completing a mission is a little scary.
Taffy

Arlington, TX

#71 Jan 19, 2013
I don't want anymore rights taken away from me by big brother! Can't even get a super sized drink in New York!

“The golden age is before us, ”

Level 2

Since: Jan 13

not behind us.

#72 Jan 20, 2013
Forgotten faith wrote:
I know I'm gonna get judged hard on this BUT....
If people, kids ( which btw arent even suppose to be playing them!)
Can't distinguish between a game and reality than they're already disconnected.
Music, movies, games.... Its ridiculous.
None of it is real!!! It's a fabricated reality based on actual events.
I've been playing games my entire life. My generation grew up with video games. Right from Pong to COD and WC. I have no desire to go out and shoot a bunch of people. Or take a bat to someone's car and head.
Most people dont go onto commit violent crimes but lets take that out of the equation for a moment and just think of the consequences anyway... at the very least the kids, teens and even adults who play these games beccome desenstised to things. These types of gamers it has been shown in studies seem to have less empathy than other people. Im talking about people who play those ultra violent games... I just think it is unhealthy.
UidiotRaceMAkewo rldPeace

United States

#73 Jan 20, 2013
Wolfganged wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people dont go onto commit violent crimes but lets take that out of the equation for a moment and just think of the consequences anyway... at the very least the kids, teens and even adults who play these games beccome desenstised to things. These types of gamers it has been shown in studies seem to have less empathy than other people. Im talking about people who play those ultra violent games... I just think it is unhealthy.
not only that its even in Music, magazine, Hollywood, Cartoon...

Level 2

not behind us.

#74 Jan 20, 2013
^ True.

“Colleges Search Engine ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

www.schoolanduniversity.com

#75 Jan 21, 2013
Researcher founded that violent video game affect mind and the person's nature will become aggressive
Level 2

Location hidden

#76 Jan 21, 2013
SchoolandUniversity wrote:
Researcher founded that violent video game affect mind and the person's nature will become aggressive
Indint know who they were using as a test subject but I've never known anyone who has gone coocoo from playing.

Again anyone who can be become aggressive by the content is already disconnected and having pshycological issues.

They have shown the addiction to the games causes aggression. But addiction to anything when taking away causes withdrawal issues.

That's why these little buggars go ape shat when mommy and daddy take away their consoles or cut the net from their rooms.

If anything games like SIMS cause more social issues. Role playing in an ultra cool world is a bit more scary to me.
These people live as of they literally have an ultra ego. Second families, jobs whatever they can cook up.

Now that's NUTS!

Level 2

not behind us.

#77 Jan 21, 2013
Well the whole point is... That playing a video game that needs you to rape and bash an elderly lady to get points is pretty f***ed up....What kind of "person" I say person because any sick c*** that would develop a game like this is obviousley defective DNA and should have been a blow job instead!

Level 2

not behind us.

#78 Jan 21, 2013
People that play ultra violent games really need to get a life. They are not human, they are just mimicking human life.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#79 Jan 21, 2013
It's 1984, in 2013.
Idea

United States

#80 Jan 21, 2013
How about we ban violent people, instead of letting them off scott free like the liberal "justice" system has been doing for over 40 years? With these idiots running things, criminals have more rights than citizens. But, then again, so does a red spotted owl.

Loons...

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#81 Jan 21, 2013
But ONE of them might be seeking out the last starfighter to save the galaxy. Can we risk it?

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#82 Jan 22, 2013
This thread is a little like trying to read the daily bullfighting lineup in a Portugese newspaper.
Taffy

Arlington, TX

#83 Jan 22, 2013
Uh Clem wrote:
But ONE of them might be seeking out the last starfighter to save the galaxy. Can we risk it?
I'm not thinking so.....
DaveMC in the Grey

San Diego, CA

#84 Jan 23, 2013
You think having a periods is hard? Try being on a 24 killsteak on Call of Duty with itchy balls.

-Will Farrell

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#85 Jan 23, 2013
They say TV, movies and video games don't effect us, yet advertisers will pay $4 million to run a 30 second spot during super bowl.

Food for thought.
Level 2

Location hidden

#86 Jan 23, 2013
Wolfganged wrote:
Well the whole point is... That playing a video game that needs you to rape and bash an elderly lady to get points is pretty f***ed up....What kind of "person" I say person because any sick c*** that would develop a game like this is obviousley defective DNA and should have been a blow job instead!
I completely agree with you there.

I don't mind playing the war games.... But the thug, gangster..whatever crap is def way too much.

There's no need for that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min DanFromSmithville 117,283
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 min Hoosier Hillbilly 21,214
The Weirdest White House Security BreachesThe S... 11 min Hoosier Hillbilly 2
Uh Clem 15 min Hoosier Hillbilly 125
Official: Oklahoma beheading suspect a bit 'weird' 19 min Uh CIem 29
Paying for it Twice 23 min Hoosier Hillbilly 2
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 34 min Cyan in CA 24,246
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 46 min ZkyClank 6,339
Cows Really Don't Like Cowbells, Study Finds 2 hr Go Blue Forever 45
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr Wolftracks 147,579