created by: MoonDancing | Jan 16, 2013

Weird

37 votes

Ban VIOLENT video games

Click on an option to vote

• Grand Theft Auto needs to go!
  • Call of DUTY is BLOODY! Needs to GO!
  • Assasins Creed, just listen to the title!
  • Chuck them all!
  • Ratchet and Clank, have you seen the arsenal!!
  • You're nuts QC!

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of101
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Both of my grand daughters play the first person shooter games that their dad buys and plays with them. I am confident that neither one will ever turn into a cowardly punk who guns down innocent classmates in school, or becomes a thug on the streets. He and their grand parents spend many hours a day with them and I am absolutely positive that the violent video games have not warped them. Neither has the barbie dolls, bratz dolls, nightly news or violent and scary movies negatively impacted their lives.

“Which ~*god*~?”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Hell, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
Both of my grand daughters play the first person shooter games that their dad buys and plays with them. I am confident that neither one will ever turn into a cowardly punk who guns down innocent classmates in school, or becomes a thug on the streets. He and their grand parents spend many hours a day with them and I am absolutely positive that the violent video games have not warped them. Neither has the barbie dolls, bratz dolls, nightly news or violent and scary movies negatively impacted their lives.
You're lucky and I don't know about girls when it comes to violent games but the majority of boys here are very succeptible. Of course, there are a lot of factors involved, like parental supervision and involvement, for example. As for Bratz dolls, the majority of little girls here dress like them, my sister-in-law has a hard time finding decent clothes for her daughters and makes a lot of them, as stores market Bratz brand of clothing items.
This is a fairly comprehensive paper on the subject, although there are many more articles available online;

http://www.tcd.ie/childrensresearchcentre/ass...

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lucky and I don't know about girls when it comes to violent games but the majority of boys here are very succeptible. Of course, there are a lot of factors involved, like parental supervision and involvement, for example. As for Bratz dolls, the majority of little girls here dress like them, my sister-in-law has a hard time finding decent clothes for her daughters and makes a lot of them, as stores market Bratz brand of clothing items.
This is a fairly comprehensive paper on the subject, although there are many more articles available online;
http://www.tcd.ie/childrensresearchcentre/ass...
I believe that behavior has much to do with both nature and nurture. Some children by nature have a propensity for anger and violence and some exhibit those traits due to their environment. If the children have people in their lives who teach and show by example that violence is not the answer, then i do not believe that the adult video market will have much of an impact on their behavior, regardless of their gender or sexual persuasion.

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Of course, we also have to factor in the extraordinary amount of drugs that are being foisted onto children by the medical profession, schools and parents, much of which can have a deleterious effect on the child's behavior.

“Which ~*god*~?”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Hell, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

I mostly agree. The culture with those factors here is sometimes shocking.
UIdiotracesmakew orldPeace

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Do video games make Army pilots more violent?
The video from WikiLeaks of U.S. pilots shooting Iraqi civilians has a video game–like quality. Is that by design?
By The Week Editorial Staff | April 6, 2010

Do video games like 'Call of Duty' make soldiers more violent?
Call of Duty
The filibuster reforms Harry Reid supports
Republican retreat kicks off with a rocky start
Could Republicans lose the House in 2014?
W

ikiLeaks chief Julian Assange says that in the 2007 Iraq combat video that his group posted last week, the crew of an Apache attack helicopter seem to be "playing video games with people's lives" — and many commentators agree, including aficionados of first-person shooter games like the "Call of Duty" and "Doom" franchises. Is the similarity between combat-themed video games and the video showing U.S. pilots killing apparently unarmed journalists and civilians, and wounding two children, more than a coincidence?

Why does the combat video make people think of video games?
The Apache pilot's live video feed bears a striking visual similarity to video games like "Call of Duty 4." But some commentators say what really stands out is the arguably callous banter among helicopter crew members as they kill the Iraqis on the ground — Example: "Look at those dead bastards," one soldier says. "Nice," another responds.

Are these video games making pilots more violent?
That's debatable. Several studies have linked violent video games to increased levels of aggression in kids, but "none has definitely proved that they cause it," says Christopher Beam in Slate. On the other hand, "military training is fundamentally an exercise in overcoming a fear of killing another human," says New York Times reporter Benedict Carey, paraphrasing Army psychologists, and video games are a prime tool to desensitize soldiers. A big reason the soldiers in the WikiLeaks video "seemed as if they were playing a video game is that, in a morbid but necessary sense, they were."

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

"Trained to Kill"

The Methods in this Madness: Desensitization

How the military increases the killing rate of soldiers in combat is instructive, because our culture today is doing the same thing to our children. The training methods militaries use are brutalization, classical conditioning, operant conditioning, and role modeling. I will explain these in the military context and show how these same factors are contributing to the phenomenal increase of violence in our culture.

Brutalization and desensitization are what happen at boot camp. From the moment you step off the bus you are physically and verbally abused: countless pushups, endless hours at attention or running with heavy loads, while carefully trained professionals take turns screaming at you. Your head is shaved, you are herded together naked and dressed alike, losing all individuality. This brutalization is designed to break down your existing mores and norms, and to accept a new set of values that embrace destruction, violence, and death as a way of life. In the end, you are desensitized to violence and accept it as a normal and essential survival skill in your brutal new world.
continue

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Something very similar to this desensitization toward violence is happening to our children through violence in the media, but instead of 18-year-olds, it begins at the age of 18 months when a child is first able to discern what is happening on television. At that age, a child can watch something happening on television and mimic that action. But it isn't until children are six or seven years old that the part of the brain kicks in that lets them understand where information comes from. Even though young children have some understanding of what it means to pretend, they are developmentally unable to distinguish clearly between fantasy and reality.

When young children see somebody shot, stabbed, raped, brutalized, degraded, or murdered on TV, to them it is as though it were actually happening. To have a child of three, four, or five watch a "splatter" movie, learning to relate to a character for the first 90 minutes and then in the last 30 minutes watch helplessly as that new friend is hunted and brutally murdered is the moral and psychological equivalent of introducing your child to a friend, letting her play with that friend, and then butchering that friend in front of your child's eyes. And this happens to our children hundreds upon hundreds of times.

Sure, they are told: "Hey, it's all for fun. Look, this isn't real, it's just TV." And they nod their little heads and say, "okay." But they can't tell the difference. Can you remember a point in your life or in your children's lives when dreams, reality, and television were all jumbled together? That's what it is like at that level of psychological development. That's what the media is doing to them.

The Journal of the American Medical Association published the definitive epidemiological study on the impact of TV violence. The research demonstrated what happened in numerous nations after television made its appearance as compared to nations and regions without TV. The two nations or regions being compared are demographically and ethnically identical; only one variable is different: the presence of television. In every nation, region, or city with television, there is an immediate explosion of violence on the playground, and within 15 years there is a doubling of the murder rate. Why 15 years? That is how long it takes for the brutalization of a three to five-year-old to reach the "prime crime age." That is how long it takes for you to reap what you have sown when you brutalize and desensitize a three-year-old.

Today the data linking violence in the media to violence in society are superior to those linking cancer and tobacco. Hundreds of sound scientific studies demonstrate the social impact of brutalization by the media. The Journal of the American Medical Association concluded that "the introduction of television in the 1950's caused a subsequent doubling of the homicide rate, i.e., long-term childhood exposure to television is a causal factor behind approximately one half of the homicides committed in the United States, or approximately 10,000 homicides annually." The article went on to say that "...if, hypothetically, television technology had never been developed, there would today be 10,000 fewer homicides each year in the United States, 70,000 fewer rapes, and 700,000 fewer injurious assaults" (June 10, 1992).
http://www.killology.com/art_trained_methods....

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

"Trained to Kill"

Classical Conditioning

Classical conditioning is like the famous case of Pavlov's dogs you learned about in Psychology 101: The dogs learned to associate the ringing of the bell with food, and, once conditioned, the dogs could not hear the bell without salivating.

The Japanese were masters at using classical conditioning with their soldiers. Early in World War II, Chinese prisoners were placed in a ditch on their knees with their hands bound behind them. And one by one, a select few Japanese soldiers would go into the ditch and bayonet "their" prisoner to death. This is a horrific way to kill another human being. Up on the bank, countless other young soldiers would cheer them on in their violence. Comparatively few soldiers actually killed in these situations, but by making the others watch and cheer, the Japanese were able to use these kinds of atrocities to classically condition a very large audience to associate pleasure with human death and suffering. Immediately afterwards, the soldiers who had been spectators were treated to sake, the best meal they had had in months, and so-called comfort girls. The result? They learned to associate committing violent acts with pleasure.

The Japanese found these kinds of techniques to be extraordinarily effective at quickly enabling very large numbers of soldiers to commit atrocities in the years to come. Operant conditioning (which we will look at shortly) teaches you to kill, but classical conditioning is a subtle but powerful mechanism that teaches you to like it.

This technique is so morally reprehensible that there are very few examples of it in modern US military training, but there are some clear-cut examples of it being done by the media to our children. What is happening to our children is the reverse of the aversion therapy portrayed in the movie A Clockwork Orange. In A Clockwork Orange, a brutal sociopath, a mass murderer, is strapped to a chair and forced to watch violent movies while he is injected with a drug that nauseates him. So he sits and gags and retches as he watches the movies. After hundreds of repetitions of this, he associates violence with nausea, and it limits his ability to be violent.

Every time a child plays an interactive video game, he is learning the exact same conditioned reflex skills as a soldier or police officer in training.

We are doing the exact opposite: Our children watch vivid pictures of human suffering and death, learning to associate it with their favorite soft drink and candy bar or their girlfriend's perfume.

After the Jonesboro shootings, one of the high-school teachers told me how her students reacted when she told them about the shootings at the middle school. "They laughed," she told me with dismay. A similar reaction happens all the time in movie theaters when there is bloody violence. The young people laugh and cheer and keep right on eating popcorn and drinking pop. We have raised a generation of barbarians who have learned to associate violence with pleasure, like the Romans cheering and snacking as the Christians were slaughtered in the Coliseum.

The result is a phenomenon that functions much like AIDS, which I call AVIDS--Acquired Violence Immune Deficiency Syndrome. AIDS has never killed anybody. It destroys your immune system, and then other diseases that shouldn't kill you become fatal. Television violence by itself does not kill you. It destroys your violence immune system and conditions you to derive pleasure from violence. And once you are at close range with another human being, and it's time for you to pull that trigger, Acquired Violence Immune Deficiency Syndrome can destroy your midbrain resistance.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
I mostly agree. The culture with those factors here is sometimes shocking.
But you Support most our US soldiers despicable violent acts and to bully smaller nations, how are you moral and empathyless as war-torn childrens are left parentless or died because of Stupid Soldiers gun fires, you not even human, but a hyprocrite, our American culture is filled with violence, hates, wars, racism, murders, war mopngers, pyschopath leaders, and war supporters like you who support violent wars aimed at bully smaller countries and its people in the system, how can you sleep at night, when childrens are left parent less because of stupid soldiers gun fires... you not even human like rest of you our American war mongers/war-for-profiteers/war supporters are evil!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

I just hope they don't ban my Cross Dressing Ken interactive video game.
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

UIdiotracesmakeworldPeace wrote:
I just hope they don't ban my Cross Dressing Ken interactive video game.
I see you took my Screenname again! Get your own Rick!

Level 2

Since: May 12

Thurles, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
I have to say i do have a problem with those Bratz dolls, they promote a totally unrealistic stantard towards young girls. They will never have heads that big, relative to their bodies!!

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Ya have to look at it this way.
VIOLENCE exists in every culture.. whether it's hog killing time (which can be frightening for a child) OR prisoners being starved. It exists in family's everyday rituals.. from temper tantrums to wife beatings. From stealing food and your hands cut off to home invasions. So, WHAT the toy industry did was take it one step higher, Hollywood cartoon action figures. They may have gotten their original thoughts from earlier cartoons from the earliest made. Check them out..they are brutal. It's A POWER TRIP..they try to use that mindset.. in a normal everyday situation.. They may get a gun pulled on them OR arrested. They will be in shock, THAT they just can't walk away when confronted , THAT they will have to take responsibility for their actions.
Amazin Gracy

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>I see you took my Screenname again! Get your own Rick!
They shod ban your dumbass
UIdiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Amazin Gracy wrote:
<quoted text>They shod ban your dumbass
So you protect our US WARMONGER/US war-for-profiteers/US Arms-Weapon guns MAnufacturers/US militaryIndustrail Complex....- so you like killers, you have no moral and coldhearted imbecile without empathy as our US War machines goes on killing spree, no wonder the world beginning to see US as bullying biggest warmongers. BAN YOU our US war supporters who love violence, guns, wars.... you bunch are evil, lowesrt of low on plane of humanity, you lack empathy for all thoses killed and those children are left parentless because of stupid soldiers gunning actions

Eisenhower, Dwight, 1953
n
Every gun that is made, every warship that is launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.
UIdiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Colorado Chick wrote:
Ya have to look at it this way.
VIOLENCE exists in every culture.. whether it's hog killing time (which can be frightening for a child) OR prisoners being starved. It exists in family's everyday rituals.. from temper tantrums to wife beatings. From stealing food and your hands cut off to home invasions. So, WHAT the toy industry did was take it one step higher, Hollywood cartoon action figures. They may have gotten their original thoughts from earlier cartoons from the earliest made. Check them out..they are brutal. It's A POWER TRIP..they try to use that mindset.. in a normal everyday situation.. They may get a gun pulled on them OR arrested. They will be in shock, THAT they just can't walk away when confronted , THAT they will have to take responsibility for their actions.
Did you know our history of Hellywood, US Faux media,... had been subjugated/controlled by US military industrial complex/Predatory US corporatists that Use for evil to using movies to incite racism, divide nations to war, causing division among Americans... let the buyer be Aware!

“The golden age is before us, ”

Level 2

Since: Jan 13

not behind us.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Renegade_22 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to say i do have a problem with those Bratz dolls, they promote a totally unrealistic stantard towards young girls. They will never have heads that big, relative to their bodies!!
I agree....They are unrealistic. Not every little girl can grow up to look like a trashy tart.
ASIA LATIN AFRO MID EAST

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

To support my posts - you our American wae supporters/ Warmongers need to read up what we all are doing to world and US - bankrupting US morally and financially!

"American policymakers, setting themselves up as guardians of the world system, are more inclined than ever to simply disregard international laws and conventions if they get in the way of unrivaled military supremacy. Every instance of U.S. armed intervention ... represents a flagrant violation of regional treaties and laws, not to mention the UN Charter itself, which explicitly prohibits military attacks against sovereign nations - for example, Grenada, Nicaragua, Haiti, Panama, Serbia, and Iraq. In any event, the U.S. has consistently shown its contempt for international bodies, agreements, and procedures that might conflict with its hegemonic aspirations."
Carl Boggs
EURO ASIA AFRO N America

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

UNITED STATES WARS And INTERVENTIONS SINCE 1945:
MILITARY INTERVENTIONS, COVERT OPERATIONS, COUPS AND ATTEMPTED COUPS, ELECTION INTERFERENCE, REGIME CHANGE, COLOR REVOLUTIONS
Hiroshima and Nagasaki (Japan), Philippines, South Korea, Lebanon, Iran, Guatemala, Cuba, Congo/Zaire, Brazil,
Greece, Poland, Turkey, Dominican Republic, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Indonesia, Chile, Angola, East TImor, Nicaragua,
Grenada, Panama, Kyrgyzstan, Haiti, Yugoslavia, Georgia, Ukraine, Argentina, Ghana, Venezuela, Bolivia, Hondoras,
Paraguay, Mexico, El Salvador, Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, Somalia, Pakistan, Yemen, Tunesia, Egypt, Libya, Syria,...
"If Nuremberg were applied, then every post-war American president would have been hanged."
Noam Chomsky
===
The Above is partial list of US wars, not included are US wars since the inception of a nation, i mean A US Militaristic/imprialistic/inte rventionist Empire

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of101
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••