created by: MoonDancing | Jan 16, 2013

Weird

37 votes

Ban VIOLENT video games

Click on an option to vote

• Grand Theft Auto needs to go!
  • Call of DUTY is BLOODY! Needs to GO!
  • Assasins Creed, just listen to the title!
  • Chuck them all!
  • Ratchet and Clank, have you seen the arsenal!!
  • You're nuts QC!

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of101
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Which "god"?”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

nathanielornament wrote:
I think parents should take more responsibility.... the violent video games in the UK are age restricted to 18+.....what are kids doing with them. Adults ought to be allowed to play whatever games they choose & not be told no it's banned becuz some kids got out of hand from endless hours of playing violent games becuz the parents didn't take enough interest to look at the age certificate
Oh I agree completely. I meant ban them from kids as parents not altogether.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Why don't we just kill anyone that can't seperate fact from fiction?

Violence just doesn't stop at video games - it's all around you, people. Professional wrestling and cage fighting, movies, TV shows, etc. all promote a violent environment that most kids are influenced by nowadays. It was no different when most of us were kids - we had John Wayne, James Bond and Rambo - who single-handedly made it ok for millions of us kids to own toy guns and "pretend."

I think the NRA would love to see the attention drawn away from them and place the blame squarely on the shoulders of the gamers.

Personally, I don't see it.

“I will not change .....”

Level 5

Since: May 10

to satisfy your petty needs

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

I think parents are part of the problem with youth today. If not coddled to death, some are probably left ignored. I think as kids my generation had a better grasp of reality, we made our own fun, fought our own battles and learn from life's experiences.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
Violence just doesn't stop at video games - it's all around you, people. Professional wrestling and cage fighting, movies, TV shows, etc. all promote a violent environment that most kids are influenced by nowadays. It was no different when most of us were kids - we had John Wayne, James Bond and Rambo - who single-handedly made it ok for millions of us kids to own toy guns and "pretend."
I think the NRA would love to see the attention drawn away from them and place the blame squarely on the shoulders of the gamers.
I am surprised, I thought you would be all for banning video games.

“n stuff..”

Level 7

Since: Apr 08

Korntown USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Ban stupid parents who dont have the nads to raise their children properly..

ban churches who encourage beatings with bibles, while hiding the very sin they preach against..

ban talk time on cell phones.. people dont return calls...they text..

ooo and last but not least..Ban fat men in speedos....

“n stuff..”

Level 7

Korntown USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
and sometimes when we touch
The honestys too much
and I have to close my eyes
and hide...

you dont mind being a "strait shooter" do ya ?
:)

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text>I am surprised, I thought you would be all for banning video games.
Never really was a gamer. Maybe back when "PONG" was popular (chuckle).

Video games weren't banned in Britain and the murder rate by firearm rate is 1% per 100,000.

You see where I'm going with this?

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
Right on! Boycott Bratz!!!
:D
When I was a kid they banned violent comic books to stop juvenile delinquency. Now there is a word you haven't heard in a long time :)

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Never really was a gamer. Maybe back when "PONG" was popular (chuckle).
Video games weren't banned in Britain and the murder rate by firearm rate is 1% per 100,000.
I started with Pong :)

I do see where you are going and we will just have to agree to disagree on it.

As far as the video games, IMO not the problem.

Level 2

Since: May 12

Thurles, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I'm just doin my part to get folks to really think and not just regurgitate some tired old stuff they heard from tv or a politician or celebrity.
I did. R H is spot on. Anyone over the age of 15 who cannot differentiate between Grand theft auto and Real life just doesnt belong in society. Im really starting to get pissed off at the fact that people are getting away with severe stupidity by blaming it on someone because, "How was i supposed to know cruise control doesnt actually drive and steer my gargantuan winnebago? I got hurt when it hit a bend and i was in the back putting the kettle on, i demand compensation because there wasnt a massive warning sticker telling me!!!".....
*sigh*
Under 15? Then why did your parents buy you an 18+ game??

Level 2

Since: May 12

Thurles, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

That was supposed to answer the post before that post, R H... thsnk god im not working tomorrow...
Anonymous

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Video games are for fun and don't need to be banned.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Renegade_22 wrote:
That was supposed to answer the post before that post, R H... thsnk god im not working tomorrow...
It's all good, I am sure that many of the posters did not understand what i was getting at anyway.

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>When I was a kid they banned violent comic books to stop juvenile delinquency. Now there is a word you haven't heard in a long time :)
Yeah, that's not very PC these days. They are misunderstood youth, or some other touchy-feely garbage.
I still have some of those oh so offensive comic books without the comic code authority sticker on them. Maybe that's why I beleive in the 2nd Amendment, those comic books warped my young unform brain. LOL

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

oops
unformed

“n stuff..”

Level 7

Korntown USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Clint Muldare wrote:
lmao!
you lmao alot.... "noted"

“Which "god"?”

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:

I agree with that, I just think as parents, it's actually on us to control and monitor what our kids get exposed to.

“Which "god"?”

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>When I was a kid they banned violent comic books to stop juvenile delinquency. Now there is a word you haven't heard in a long time :)
Lol... I was a bit of a delinquent in what seems like another life, well a lot of a delinquent actually, and I loved comic books...hmm...
I mean parents ban violent games but the world boycott and ban Bratz dolls.
:D

“Which "god"?”

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>Never really was a gamer. Maybe back when "PONG" was popular (chuckle).

I've always been a gamer, from the first little handheld orange Nintendo Donkey Kong game boy thingy I've forgotten the name of, where DK throws barrels at Mario. Yes I see where you're going with it (no guns?) and agree but got tired of that debate on the first thread I debated in (topix). I think kids spend too much time gaming in violent games and it's not healthy.

“Which "god"?”

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Renegade_22 wrote:
<quoted text>I did. R H is spot on. Anyone over the age of 15 who cannot differentiate between Grand theft auto and Real life just doesnt belong in society. Im really starting to get pissed off at the fact that people are getting away with severe stupidity by blaming it on someone because, "How was i supposed to know cruise control doesnt actually drive and steer my gargantuan winnebago? I got hurt when it hit a bend and i was in the back putting the kettle on, i demand compensation because there wasnt a massive warning sticker telling me!!!".....
*sigh*
Under 15? Then why did your parents buy you an 18+ game??
Exactly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of101
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

160 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Games You've Done Naked with Friends? (Apr '12) 4 min night machine 51
New and PROUD EBT card carrier! 4 min Jesse Pinkman 5
Post "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Jul '12) 9 min Marissa 2 2,624
Lets Ask Billy R! (May '12) 17 min FTW Forever 2,248
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! 17 min Independent 871
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 20 min night machine 3,731
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 23 min what 5,160
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 43 min Tucson Dave 11,638
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 50 min Alexis_B 131,611