Ban VIOLENT video games

Ban VIOLENT video games

Created by MoonDancing on Jan 16, 2013

37 votes

Click on an option to vote

Grand Theft Auto needs to go!

Call of DUTY is BLOODY! Needs to GO!

Assasins Creed, just listen to the title!

Chuck them all!

Ratchet and Clank, have you seen the arsenal!!

You're nuts QC!

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#1 Jan 16, 2013
Okay, there it is!

Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#2 Jan 16, 2013
Is everyone having sex?!

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#3 Jan 16, 2013
While we're at it:
Ban barbie dolls, they brainwash children into having eating disorders, so they can look like her.

Ban video games and movies featuring stealing cars, since they warp the minds of children into becoming car thieves.

Ban Cooking shows, because they predispose children to become obese.

Ban all positive mention of homosexuality, because impressionable children will become gay.

Ban any games, movies, books, magazines, etc that show interracial couples, because vulnerable children will be led to experiment with those not of their own race.

“Lip Gloss”

Level 5

Since: May 10

For Whiners and Crybabies

#4 Jan 16, 2013
Not Mario Kart .... love that game.

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#5 Jan 16, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
While we're at it:
Ban barbie dolls, they brainwash children into having eating disorders, so they can look like her.
Ban video games and movies featuring stealing cars, since they warp the minds of children into becoming car thieves.
Ban Cooking shows, because they predispose children to become obese.
Ban all positive mention of homosexuality, because impressionable children will become gay.
Ban any games, movies, books, magazines, etc that show interracial couples, because vulnerable children will be led to experiment with those not of their own race.
You have been solid on this site forever...good post...although many may not get it..

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#6 Jan 16, 2013
justaguess wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been solid on this site forever...good post...although many may not get it..
Thanks. I'm just doin my part to get folks to really think and not just regurgitate some tired old stuff they heard from tv or a politician or celebrity.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#9 Jan 16, 2013
The violence and criminality is an outlet for people. It's fantasy. Sane people don't feel compelled to act out fantasies that they know would harm; they know the difference between fantasy game playing and real life. But ban all these resources and you may find a few of the less sane ones making a game in the real world.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#10 Jan 16, 2013
BAN the VIOLENCE on Topix... there are posters WHO say MEAN and basically WISH you DEAD...comments...YES, here on Offbeat..IS THIS SUPPOSED to be ENTERTAINMENT ..to WHAT degree?? I am on Topic to have FUN, express my thoughts and political opinions.. NOT to have someone post to me... WHY don't you fall asleep forever?? YES, that is WHAT.."want her" SAID.
It got a "funny" judgit.. Take it seriously.. people there are loose screws out there..AND ON that note..I am leaving TOPIX Forever!!

“The golden age is before us, ”

Level 2

not behind us.

#11 Jan 16, 2013
^ Just stay clear of the bad forums and you will be okay. There are silly people everywhere, that is just a fact of life

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#12 Jan 16, 2013
Wolfganged wrote:
^ Just stay clear of the bad forums and you will be okay. There are silly people everywhere, that is just a fact of life
Hate to disillusion you..BUT this WAS on Offbeat.. WHY didn't the Top Mods PULL this offensive comment?? They FREAKIN' won't let ya say Loser or whiner?? It was NOT "silly" itcwad MEAN!! Live your life in La-La here.. I am DONE with TOPIX!!

Level 2

not behind us.

#13 Jan 16, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text> Hate to disillusion you..BUT this WAS on Offbeat.. WHY didn't the Top Mods PULL this offensive comment?? They FREAKIN' won't let ya say Loser or whiner?? It was NOT "silly" itcwad MEAN!! Live your life in La-La here.. I am DONE with TOPIX!!
Oh okay. Sorry, I really don't know the logistics of the situation.

Level 2

not behind us.

#14 Jan 16, 2013
I <3 your avator Colarado Chick!
60s chic

Allentown, PA

#15 Jan 16, 2013
Banning violent video games won't curb all violence in our society, but they should still be banned nonetheless. Being exposed to that junk over and over again can't be good for anyone; it desensitizes; particularly if someone is already disturbed or is troubled. It's bad for kids because they're much more impressionable. Their brains aren't yet fully developed but their imaginations are working overtime. Also, the more we hear about violence in the news, the less shocking it seems to become. I think the same can happen with violent video games. I just don't see why it's popular entertainment. What can be entertaining about killing one another?

Level 2

not behind us.

#16 Jan 16, 2013
^ Spot on

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#17 Jan 17, 2013
Boycott and ban Bratz dolls too, making little girls everywhere, dress like pros!

I have 3 boys and violent games did make them behave differently and more violent towards each other than usual, I noticed the change in their friends too, so I banned them and it wasn't long before extreme behaviours disappeared, so imo yes ban them, or at least enforce age restrictions.
Not Mario Kart, no way, that game is great! I find most wii games are pretty non violent and stimulating for my kids (ok, me too), but Super Smashed Brothers Brawl was baaaaad news in my house...

Level 6

Location hidden

#18 Jan 17, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
BAN the VIOLENCE on Topix... there are posters WHO say MEAN and basically WISH you DEAD...comments...YES, here on Offbeat..IS THIS SUPPOSED to be ENTERTAINMENT ..to WHAT degree?? I am on Topic to have FUN, express my thoughts and political opinions.. NOT to have someone post to me... WHY don't you fall asleep forever?? YES, that is WHAT.."want her" SAID.
It got a "funny" judgit.. Take it seriously.. people there are loose screws out there..AND ON that note..I am leaving TOPIX Forever!!
I'll second that motion wholeheartedly <3
"Don't let the Basterrds get you Down!"
Some movie.

Level 2

not behind us.

#19 Jan 17, 2013
Yes the Brats dolls are terrible. Teaching girls that dressing like a cheap slut is cool.

Level 6

Location hidden

#21 Jan 17, 2013
Right on! Boycott Bratz!!!

:D
want her

United States

#22 Jan 17, 2013
Colorado chick im sorry i did not mean that. Its just that u were picking on me too. I am sure you are a beautoful wonderful person. Dont leave, ill leave.

“Nirvana”

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#23 Jan 17, 2013
I think parents should take more responsibility.... the violent video games in the UK are age restricted to 18+.....what are kids doing with them. Adults ought to be allowed to play whatever games they choose & not be told no it's banned becuz some kids got out of hand from endless hours of playing violent games becuz the parents didn't take enough interest to look at the age certificate

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Double Letter S' (Dec '12) 4 min cjt12 592
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 4 min Alyssa76 9,107
Post how you feel (Oct '12) 25 min Crazy Jae 553
leave me alone 27 min Crazy Jae 2
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 29 min Crazy Jae 5,711
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 31 min Crazy Jae 20,882
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 32 min Crazy Jae 5,346
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 35 min T Bone 4,626
Which Poster Are You Thinking About Right Now? 1 hr cjt12 23
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Ohio Sam aka SNAF... 76,676