Gunman's mother kept trials of home life hidden

Dec 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Kansas City Star

At the bar, everybody knew her name.Nancy Lanza was the one who, if she heard you were short on cash, regularly offered to pick up the tab at My Place.Two or three nights a week, Lanza - the mother of the gunman in Connecticut's horrific school massacre - came in for carryout salads, but stayed for Chardonnay and good humor.

Comments (Page 21)

Showing posts 401 - 420 of798
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Prep-for-Dep wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not the question, nor a choice. The firearms were hers, not his. The question is, should she have to get rid of her car? Just as others have suggested she should have gotten rid of her guns.
Public transportation and home schooling is looking better and better all the time.

I agree that "maybe" firearms aren't the issue in this case. That said, however, just as there are many idiots out there that do not deserve a driver's license - there are folks out there that shouldn't be let anywhere near a firearm. This lady was one of them, IMO.

She had money obviously - why not invest in a gun safe? Although expensive, most of them also have lowers for storing ammunition - although I would never store my ammunition in the same place as my firearms - with an emphasis on "storing."

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Prolol Tart wrote:
<quoted text> This is the second of your posts that have raised a thought.
What if she knew exactly what she was doing? Not including the extended mayhem outside of the house. he may have been granting her wishes. An escape plan from heartbreaking intractable options ?:(
retractable , but she could have just killed herself instead of this elaborate scenario ...

or she could have just shot him and then herself

sounds a dumb as she is at fault..........

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

reebie wrote:
<quoted text>
the harsh truth is, parents dont hold their children accountable today.. they dont do what is best for them, I dont know why, I dont know if its "embarrassment" or status.. I just dont know...all this shyt starts in the home,, we all know parenting isnt easy, especially when you have any special needs.. but somewhere along the line you have to step up and be a parent and do whats right...I wonder how stable she was.. starting with her gun collection,, and her complete irresponsibility handling them..... boggles my mind..to be honest..I lose sleep wondering how someone could be so completely , incredibly STUPID! and irresponsible....including her parenting...
...Alway's rermember, he was her son...so, she might not have been wound completely either....SAD THING...they just showed on a Today show segment, about this scammer woman in NY, who set up an internet request for donations for the funeral expenses for Noah Posner, one of the children murdered...she claimed she was his aunt, even giving out her paypal account to funnel donations...the true bottom rung of society, eh?....

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
retractable , but she could have just killed herself instead of this elaborate scenario ...
or she could have just shot him and then herself
sounds a dumb as she is at fault..........
Intractable and retractable are different words with different meanings.
Quoting your words [She was a mom] first. Obviously from the news reports a loving and devoted parent.
Not "blaming her" at all. Am trying to point out in an UN-incendiary way there very well could have been a sub-conscious resignation of the heartbreak she was facing as being unbearable to them both.
It has been well documented that people within the autistic spectrum often display uncanny talents and intuitive abilities.
Just as she was a mother, he was her child.
Regardless of his anger I would think he loved his mom. That he was aware that her decision/choice was as heartbreaking to her as it must have been to himself.
I am not making a judgement any different from anyone else here as to the horror of it all. Am only posting a different direction of thought, trying to understand Why.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Prolol Tart wrote:
<quoted text>
Intractable and retractable are different words with different meanings.
Quoting your words [She was a mom] first. Obviously from the news reports a loving and devoted parent.
Not "blaming her" at all. Am trying to point out in an UN-incendiary way there very well could have been a sub-conscious resignation of the heartbreak she was facing as being unbearable to them both.
It has been well documented that people within the autistic spectrum often display uncanny talents and intuitive abilities.
Just as she was a mother, he was her child.
Regardless of his anger I would think he loved his mom. That he was aware that her decision/choice was as heartbreaking to her as it must have been to himself.
I am not making a judgement any different from anyone else here as to the horror of it all. Am only posting a different direction of thought, trying to understand Why.
yes they are but reading ,,,heartbreaking , doesn't that already describe..... and me: was assuming your options of death would read no way out ......... retractable
Moo

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Go Ahead Try To Ourlaw all weapons.

I won't say Just Outlaw Firearms, cause there sure are many more ways that you can kill people without a gun >>>>> knives, rocks, peices of metal, wood, your dog, a curtain rod, My Fists.....
If I have the means & wanted to really hurt you, a gun don't mean shit.

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
yes they are but reading ,,,heartbreaking , doesn't that already describe..... and me: was assuming your options of death would read no way out ......... retractable
Understood. While referring to the impending separation and institutionalization as a possible motive.
I can not help but wonder if there was a subconscious reasoning behind the weapons and the lessons (to a recognized dangerous mind) in how they worked.
In the majority of humans, the subconscious mind thinks first. The conscious mind, when aware of them, dismisses irrational impulses of the subconscious. However, a conscious mind over whelmed with stress could easily be distracted from what an outsider might instantly see as a red flag.

This is too depressing a topic for this unique day. I shouldn't have posted, and do not wish to go any further with it. Wishing you a great day and a Christmas filled with joy and good cheer.

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that we need a uniform standard for ccw issue. However, Sir,yes, we do NEED the 2nd Amendment. Although King George is not around, today;there are NO guarantees that he won't "re-appear" in the future. The 2nd Amendment was written and adopted to "protect the citizenry against a tyrannical government." What has every tyrant,dictator done immediately when they came into power? The very FIRST action of the Nazi government was to CONFISCATE ALL weapons held by the German citizens. Sir,History has repeated itself before. Don't delude yourself to the contrary!
Where in the 2A does it say anything about "protect(ing) the citizenry against a tyrannical government"?

Lots of people say it's there but, I can't find it!
Moo

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

1 min ago Go Ahead Try To Ourlaw all weapons.

I won't say Just Outlaw Firearms, cause there sure are many more ways that you can kill people without a gun >>>>> knives, rocks, peices of metal, wood, your dog, a curtain rod, My Fists.....

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Moo wrote:
Not to mention explosives!!!

:oD

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Prolol Tart wrote:
<quoted text> Understood. While referring to the impending separation and institutionalization as a possible motive.
I can not help but wonder if there was a subconscious reasoning behind the weapons and the lessons (to a recognized dangerous mind) in how they worked.
In the majority of humans, the subconscious mind thinks first. The conscious mind, when aware of them, dismisses irrational impulses of the subconscious. However, a conscious mind over whelmed with stress could easily be distracted from what an outsider might instantly see as a red flag.
This is too depressing a topic for this unique day. I shouldn't have posted, and do not wish to go any further with it. Wishing you a great day and a Christmas filled with joy and good cheer.
she was a collectors of sorts , I have two myself carry only one , never fired a shot or have displayed them once in 40 years ...

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Where in the 2A does it say anything about "protect(ing) the citizenry against a tyrannical government"?
Lots of people say it's there but, I can't find it!
it is in reference the monarchy of England when the seated king rule by his desires .... and had the army to back his butt up

Level 1

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

its not the guns stupid, they just want to disarm citizens, because an unarmed community is just a sitting duck for tyranny

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...Alway's rermember, he was her son...so, she might not have been wound completely either....SAD THING...they just showed on a Today show segment, about this scammer woman in NY, who set up an internet request for donations for the funeral expenses for Noah Posner, one of the children murdered...she claimed she was his aunt, even giving out her paypal account to funnel donations...the true bottom rung of society, eh?....
Don't mean to interupt everyone's HATEFEST....but, any thought on this scumbag scammer?

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Moo wrote:
...your keyboard...

Nah. It's harmless....

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Interesting thoughts from a conservative judge:

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentar...
NOTthechildren

Bryn Mawr, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Child Killer Adam Lanza a military career?

http://www.chron.com/newtownshooting/article/...

If this kid was supposedly so problematic from his aspergers, physcotic medications and parents divorce what the heck was his mother thinking even entertaining those thoughts.

But this has been the problem or question from day one. Exactly how messed up was child killer Adam Lanza??? The facts, leaked, gathered, controlled and/or manipulated information isn't adding up.
Obama SHOULD CRY

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

NOTthechildren wrote:
Child Killer Adam Lanza a military career?
http://www.chron.com/newtownshooting/article/...
If this kid was supposedly so problematic from his aspergers, physcotic medications and parents divorce what the heck was his mother thinking even entertaining those thoughts.
But this has been the problem or question from day one. Exactly how messed up was child killer Adam Lanza??? The facts, leaked, gathered, controlled and/or manipulated information isn't adding up.
MAYBE a stint in the military with strict rules/regulations and intense conditioning mental and physical.

However Adam was on a prescription drug for schiophrenia, military don't like that. Military knows mental illness and guns don't mix well.

“God Bless America ”

Level 2

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

None of my points is invalid. You are incorrect in saying ďI was born a ChristianĒ, for that is impossible. You lack spiritual discernment. No one can be physically born a Christian; instead, he becomes one by asking Jesus to save him, then he is born spiritually into the kingdom of God. Your so-called realism is a joke, for you are very deceived. The Christian religion is no crutch but is the only way to God and to eternity in Heaven rather than Hell.

You are full of it in regards to Chick-Fil-A. Their statement about homosexuality is not an opinion but was exactly what the Bible teaches about homosexuality. Even so, they have the same right to freedom of speech as do you and all those who put them down. As for their food, there is nothing wrong with it except your narrow-mindedness about the restaurant because its owners offended your wrong thinking.

So you fought for and earned your rights? Do you suppose you are the only one who has served in the military? Are military personnel the only US citizens who count? What about those who kept things going at home while you served? Many of my relatives served but they never felt that earned them the right to be obnoxious and treat Christians like second class citizens because they donít share the same views. My cousin who was a prisoner of war, tortured mercilessly for several years, earned more respect for God and the Church as a result of his sufferings. He didnít have the nasty attitude you have but treated all with kindness and respect in spite of his cruel treatment by his captors. In fact, he prayed for them instead of hating them.

Last time I heard, Obama hasnít finished taking away all our freedoms so we Christians have the same freedoms as the rest of the U.S. population so perhaps you should keep that in mind when ranting about us so derogatorily.
disgusted

Warrenville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Prep-for-Dep wrote:
<quoted text>
So his mom had no right to protection, or the second amendment?
If you had a son that drinks and drives, should you get rid of your vehicle to be responsible?
well, you wouldn't exactly give him the keys, now would you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 401 - 420 of798
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

98 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Banking Question 8 min Barry 5
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 11 min Barry 13,004
In honor of ms Sweeter 17 min night machine 128
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 28 min Maverick 808 15,580
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 34 min eleanorigby 34,921
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Mister_ E 141,195
A~Z of Your THOUGHTS! (May '13) 1 hr boring life 337
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr ghost 14,786
Woman Flees Topless After Being Caught Shoplifting 2 hr bargain mom 24